Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Anna package 1/2 & 2/2 error

karan1591

Re: Anna package 1/2 & 2/2 error

Thanks mate. I fixed my phone with this solution.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rollindice

It's not necessasry but if  you ever get your Ovi Store stuck on "Loading" screen, just update to the Nokia Store version and you should be good to go. Glad i could help

Nothing is as it seems

If I've helped , click the Star under my name

Please use plain text.
Advisor

No joy. I downloaded the first, downgraded, then re-upgraded. Update 1/2 still there, still failing.

Out of curiosity, I then tried downgrading, and looked at SW update. Both 1/2 and 2/2 now showed. 2/2 installed successfully, 1/2 failed.

Ironically one of the reasons I went to Anna was a total mess in the previous version with QT Mobility after having reset the phone, preventing Ovi Store from installing. Nokia obviously needs to straighten this stuff out, as it doesn't appear to be specific to the Symbian^3 version :-/

Please use plain text.
redcar

Try this, first repair Nokia Software Updater software by running its installer file. It will say it is repairing.

Then do updates and they should load OK. 

Please use plain text.
geoeste

Same trouble connected to computer via usb no luck, this time I connected the charger too. Tried 1/2 update and it worked. now everything is down loaded. MORE POWER

Please use plain text.
jmonawad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
benny1967 wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bipul_fx wrote:

Ok Guys so I had the same problem and I have figured the issue out.

The Issue is that Qtmobility is conflicting with the already installed latest version that is 1.13 so when this component tries to install you will get "update error" This happen with qtmobility_pu.sis file.

Steps:

First: download these two files below:

http://download.arrow.nokia.com/p/d/fds_arrow/1108/1208/87bc-4d6d-44e0-b6d9/qtmobility.sis

http://download.arrow.nokia.com/p/d/fds_arrow/1108/1209/efdb-69a8-44ce-81c2/qtmobility_pu.sis

Second:

Install qtmobility.sis to Phone memory, This will downgrade QtMobility.

third:

Then go ahead and simply upgrade qtmobility_pu.sis and then check software update. Most probably it will be gone and if not then just click start update for the remaining files to install

Flag It!

fixed my problems. (btw, i tried to be brave and skipped step three; seems to have worked, the update is then probably done via anna update 1/2 which finally installs)

Didn't work at first but after a factory reset, worked perfectly, thanks so much for the help :-)

------------

Thats right, install the 2 files, remove the Micro SD memory, hard reset the phone *#7370#, wait for the initial setup and then plug into the pc and update via ovi suite, all updates pass good!

Thanks to bipul_fx.
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

here's some help if you have some problems with Symbian Anna 1/2 failing to install.

What should I do if I get an error message that the installation of the Symbian Anna 1/2 installation pack failed?

There are two solutions on how to resolve this issue:

1) We have distributed a new version of the Symbian Anna 1/2 installation pack, that you can easily download by using the software update application on your phone (which is visible under Menu>Applications>Software Update on N8 & E7 or Menu>Applications>Tools>Software Update for C6-01 & C7). Note: If you have used the Software Update app in the last 24 hours, please reset the cache by changing the date of your phone to a date 4 weeks from now.

2) Even if you got the message that the update failed, most of the content did get installed nevertheless. The only applications missing are QuickOffice and Adobe pdf reader. To finish the installation for those, you can download QuickOffice and the Adobe pdf reader via the following links:

- http://dl.nokia.com/sdo/Adobe.sis

- http://dl.nokia.com/sdo/Quick_Office.sis   

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
James_T

skyee wrote:

Hi all,

here's some help if you have some problems with Symbian Anna 1/2 failing to install.

What should I do if I get an error message that the installation of the Symbian Anna 1/2 installation pack failed?

There are two solutions on how to resolve this issue:

1) We have distributed a new version of the Symbian Anna 1/2 installation pack, that you can easily download by using the software update application on your phone (which is visible under Menu>Applications>Software Update on N8 & E7 or Menu>Applications>Tools>Software Update for C6-01 & C7). Note: If you have used the Software Update app in the last 24 hours, please reset the cache by changing the date of your phone to a date 4 weeks from now.

2) Even if you got the message that the update failed, most of the content did get installed nevertheless. The only applications missing are QuickOffice and Adobe pdf reader. To finish the installation for those, you can download QuickOffice and the Adobe pdf reader via the following links:

- http://dl.nokia.com/sdo/Adobe.sis

- http://dl.nokia.com/sdo/Quick_Office.sis   

BR,

yvonne

Surprise, surprise - IT DID NOT WORK!

I am sorry to write that but even the the new update file for update 1/2 did not solve the issue. Neither can I install the update nor can I install the Quickoffice file you provided. I get an installation error each time. It is hard to believe that providing a working update is so difficult. But at least - I don't need Quickoffice so will keep on waiting for Symbian Belle, hoping that THIS will solve the issue.

By the way - has anyone done the hard reset (with deletion of all files) to successfully install the update AND RESTORED the files afterwards via prior backup? I would do so but I am just too afraid of having more problems afterwards.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
honzascud

Surprise, surprise - IT DID NOT WORK!

I am sorry to write that but even the the new update file for update 1/2 did not solve the issue. Neither can I install the update nor can I install the Quickoffice file you provided. I get an installation error each time. It is hard to believe that providing a working update is so difficult. But at least - I don't need Quickoffice so will keep on waiting for Symbian Belle, hoping that THIS will solve the issue.

By the way - has anyone done the hard reset (with deletion of all files) to successfully install the update AND RESTORED the files afterwards via prior backup? I would do so but I am just too afraid of having more problems afterwards.

Hi!

the new update worked for me like a charm. Make sure your cache is cleared. Also if you are using the Nokia Ovi Suite refresh the updates before you install. You might be instaling the old files.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
James_T

honzascud wrote:

Hi!

the new update worked for me like a charm. Make sure your cache is cleared. Also if you are using the Nokia Ovi Suite refresh the updates before you install. You might be installing the old files.

Glad to hear that. But how did you clear the cache? Which cache do you mean (phone or PC Suite)? I tried the update on the phone and set the phone's date to the future. The phone re-downloaded something (which it did not before - so I think it downloaded the new files). But then the installation failed as usual.

Another question: which files were missing on your phone? I have the 7166KB residue (QuickOffice).

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BORETJIE

Thank you dfoustou, your suggestion was excellent, however we tried updating from the E7 which also seem to be fine  first time

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Please use plain text.
Mindem

Yes, I'm still having this problem. I can't install Anna 2/2 package and when I try install Internet Radio 3 separate, my N8 say that Internet Radio app 'is from untrusted supplier'.
My product code is 059C951 (UK Tesco)

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Solved, the new update of Nokia Maps 3.08 (104) with problem blocked the Maps application, I had to remove the entire installation of Nokia Maps 3.08 beta and install version 3.06, at this point I managed to install the update Sumbian Anna 2/2 (Internet radio). I think that the Nokia Maps 3.08 beta contains a certificate chain with problems.

Remove this files of 3.08 beta if have and before installation of Maps 3.06 all works:

Check In

Check In Agent

Check In Data

Check In Widget

Create a Place

Drive Guides

Headless Map and Navigation

Map and Navigation

Map Apps

Maps Settings

Plugin ODML

Commons Repository

Nokia (Ovi) Maps

Nokia (Ovi) MapsEngine

Nokia (Ovi) Maps Installer

Nokia (Ovi) Maps

ODML

Weather

(and all regarding Nokia Maps).

Please use plain text.
Contributor

....and after installation of Maps 3.06 all works:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

The problem is not with the new update- maybe internet radio was being blocked by beta app. Now that you installed 3.06 you might as well have received maps 3.08 update in your software update menu. I suggest you to install this update as it works just great. And wont have any sort of hiccup.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Mindem

[ Edited ]

I have uninstalled all Maps files and still can't install Anna 2/2 update. Where to find 3.06 map version? Nokia Suite suggests only 3.08 version.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
James_T

I uninstalled Maps 3.08 beta as recommended - but it did not solve the issue. Installing Anna package 1 still fails. Seems to be the hardest installation issue ever.

Please use plain text.