Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Anna roll-back request

Sage
metal_might

Anna roll-back request

this separate thread is to record those users who wish anna roll-back facility.

patch to belle is required, but there are some others who want anna back. i for one am one.

Advisor
ATGT

i want ANNA back , BELLE fail and sucks
Advisor
Nvel

+1 for me.
I would gladly go back to Anna until Belle is updated to work properly and be an overall improvement.
Sage
BellX_1

I sure want Anna back! Please, Nokia, give us the option to revert to Anna. Roll it out with a higher version number and every service center in the whole wide world will be able to 'upgrade' us back to Anna, without any issues whatever.

Current N900 and former E6 user regretting Belle upgrade
--
Devices owned: 2110, 2110i, Cellular Data Card, 8110, 7110, 6210, 6310i, 6100, 9500, 6233, 5140i, 3109c, N900, E6-00
Contributor
bushy16

give anna back

Contributor
gsj_e6

Nokia, Please allow us to rollback from Symbian Belle to Symbian Anna. There issues on software of Belle. We need our phone to be more productive.

Thank

sshokair

i would love to have anna back for my E6, otherwise no more nokia in my plans
Registered Member
Tommie2444

I also want Anna back !!!!!! One of the main apps I USED to USE was the mobile television and now with the useless Belle IT DOS NOT WOTK ANYMORE !!!

Also cannot set up my mail for echange mail boxes !!

nokia, please create patch so we can get Anna back ot fix Belle ASAP 

Professor
Ngwangwa

Tommie2444

About Mobile TV, go to Nokia Store and make sure that you are using the latest version of Nokia Store and search for Mobile TV and then download the application. Mobile TV application is compatible with Symbian Belle.

Concerning mail for exchange mailboxes, which mailboxes are you reffering to? The Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail etc or?

Ngwangwa - Six Million Ways To Die Choose One
Professor
noki2000

Hi guys

I hope that you get what you're asking for, but I think it's easier for Nokia to release bug fixes or missing widgets than any kind of downgrade.

I'm not telling that you're wrong in asking for it; what I'm trying to say is that there are no chances you can get it.

Please try the positive way and go forward. Myke_Myers_N8 have a good thread about Belle's bugs, fixes and missing things:

/t5/Software-Updates/List-of-Belle-additions-corrections-needed/td-p/1328167

Maybe this can help better.

Cheers!!!

Counsellor
trojenn

There's no point yearning for rollback cause nokia will never do that. Not even in their dreams as it will not only bring disrepute to the company but also tag Belle as a "Failed" software( which its not as many of friends like it over Anna). But I can remember Microsoft provided a rollback option to window vista users(PC) who upgraded to window 7 few year back. However I don't know how far it is relevant here... I personally go for update's voice than for rollback supporters...

--- Nokia N8......I'm lovin it...
Sage
wezzyd

it does get me tho that everyone couldnt wait for belle and was doing everything to get it and now its here everyone is hating it. this always happens with new software and most people know there will be future updates to belle. yeah its buggy but the finished version should be great
Advisor
mansourov_99

please nokia we love u :smileysad: :smileysad: we really need it plz

Advisor
mansourov_99

guys how we can make this cause more effective to retreive anna software ?!

Counsellor
trojenn

i m afraid, its a lost cause..

--- Nokia N8......I'm lovin it...
Advisor
mansourov_99

okay then we will switch to blackberry :smileyhappy: no problem

Sage
roope70

[ Edited ]

How can there be such basic usability catastrophes like the Back arrow looking exactly the same but sometimes exiting applications instead of going to the previous screen? These are not things you test on your end users and then upgrade, you should notice them in your first design iteration of the interface.

Professor
noki2000

[ Edited ]

roope70 wrote:

How can there be such basic usability catastrophes like the Back arrow looking exactly the same but sometimes exiting applications instead of going to the previous screen? These are not things you test on your end users and then upgrade, you should notice them in your first design iteration of the interface.

Hi roope70

You're so right with that observation and that leads me to something I want to share in here.

A great part in the secret of success behind iPhone is that, exactly; the final product has been exhaustively tested and the user experience is 90% pre-known by Apple before the product launch to market. The other 10% comes with their actual use with different operators around the world and the incredibly large amount of applications at disposal for them and is released ASAP as bug fixes / patches.

Please note that I'm not saying it's the best device because I don't think so. I'm a Nokia fan and love my N8 btw, but also have to admit that every product Nokia releases is a "Work In Progress" and we, the customers, help a lot in finishing up our devices and that usually happens when our devices are too old to fulfill their potential, so they're sort of "Sean Connery" (the older the better).

This leads me to a second great part of iPhone's success:
The customer experiences having the best in the market (I'm not saying it is the best but the customer feels that way), at least for a year. In Nokia's case they themselves mine under their own products and you can't enjoy your device for even a month but they're announcing some other better device launch and even those better devices are not the best of the market so it's a long frustrating chain.

I hope this helps and please Nokia read our posts.

Cheers!

Registered Member
blazetrk

The thing is I would never ask for a rollback either, since I'm usually open to new changes and adapt eventually without much problems so I was actually happy to upgrade to Belle. But here's the problem: none of the applications I used are available now for Belle (like the facebook's mobile app for instance, i always used that cause the ovi one doesn't work as fast and I just don't like it) and not to mention none of my personal settings were retained with this update. I had to manually do my settings again. For some reason my screensaver setting keeps resetting to "none" and I constantly have to set it again to the clock. I like the customizability of the widgets very much but it's not worth all the "downgrading" the patch brought to my phone (C7). If these issues are gonna be resolved really soon then I think I could suck it up for a little while but if a patch is unlikely in the near future to fix these stuff, then I definitely would like to go back to Anna cause I was actually happy with my phone when it had Anna.

Registered Member
magneticnorth88

nokia belle looks nice and thats about it... belle is always going to be better than this , please allow us to go back to reality and use our phones properly again for the love of all thats holy