Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Anti Theft Tracker

Registered Member
Aman_Roy

Anti Theft Tracker

Friends i 've nokia n79 as it cotly cellphone so kindly tell me about any genuine theft tracker so that if unfortunatilly my mobile is lost i should get it back. As one of my relative has lost his n79 few months back so his is in problem because he is using this set form 2009 and at that time it was nearly 19000. Reply me soon as i m going out of town on 22 May

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Unfortunately, any anti theft tracker you install can be removed via a hard reset if the thief knows about this.

You can try to use Phone Periodic from Ovi Store, or to buy F-Secure or Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus as as both have anti-theft features.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
juanpa26

Hi... My E7 was taken from me and I want to block or track the phone with the anti theft. I had the configuration done, but recently I updated my phone's software to Symbian Anna, I'm not sure if the configuration I had is lost or is there any way the phone can be blocked and tracked. I hope I can have a quick answer. Thanks in advance. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sygo

i installed Theft Aware (available in Nokia Store) in my E7-00. besides that the software can be hidden in the handset, there are a lot of SMS commands that can be sent from any handset to my E7-00 including locking, tracking, siren sound when SIM is changed or wiping out all the handset contents.
Please use plain text.
juanpa26

Thanks! but do you know a way to lock it without the Theft Aware? I only had installed the Anti Theft.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sygo

Theft Aware is an anti theft software. if you do not have an anti theft software, E7-00 is equipped with device lock feature.

select Menu . Settings and Phone > Phone Management > Security Settings > Phone and SIM Card

select lock code, and enter a lock code. always remember your lock code. you can also set the time for the device lock to be activated when device is idle.
Please use plain text.