Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Any more update for Nokia N8 after belle refre...

thangseldo

Any more update for Nokia N8 after belle refresh???

Hello guys...great work on your part for providing new updates for nokia n8.... Its really great on your part...now my phone is fantastic...
Just wanted to know if Nokia is planning to release new updates for the N8, after Belle Refresh??
If new updates are coming in the near future,please do let us know sir.

From- Nokia N8 lover.
Professor
hp2009

Re: Any more update for Nokia N8 after belle refresh???

symbian is in maintanance mode so there will be no new features for the symbian devices except nokia 808 but we may see some performance improvement update as symbian is getting support till 2016. Fingers crossed..!
GEN82012

Latest software release for Nokia N8 is Nokia Belle (111.030.0609)

I have an unlocked N8-00 running Belle. The Latest software release for Nokia N8 is Nokia Belle (111.030.0609), howevermy phone and Nokia Suite reports that I am up-to-date. I have ATT, however they did not provide me the phone. I should not be restricted by the service provider in this case...Can I download Nokia Belle (111.030.0609) directly from Nokia?

Sage

What version does your phone have?
N86 8mp: RM-485,0590552; Version 20.115 - 6/29/2009. - -- E71-2; RM-357; 0569371; Version 100.07.76 - 6/08/2008.
N8; N900
Counsellor
argie

hp2009 wrote:
symbian is in maintanance mode so there will be no new features for the symbian devices except nokia 808 but we may see some performance improvement update as symbian is getting support till 2016. Fingers crossed..!

@hp2009

I've not been able to find that information anywhere on the web. Can you please provide a link to Nokia's official announcement about Symbian going into maintenance mode and their plans to support Symbian until 2016? Thanks!

Professor
hp2009

this information is available on nokia developer forum. :smileyhappy:
Counsellor
argie

hp2009 wrote:
this information is available on nokia developer forum. :smileyhappy:

Thanks! I was finally able to find it on Nokia's Q4 2011 interim report which, by the way, also reports on the outsourcing of Symbian software development and support activities to Accenture through 2016, as well as the transfer of approximately 2,300 Nokia employees to Accenture.

This report, however, doesn't mention any market research conducted on behalf of Nokia about the domino effect that an announcement like this has on the market. I am talking about the confirmed decision of independent software development companies to immediately drop Symbian as a target platform for their apps in anticipation of Symbian's demise.

It will be interesting to watch what happens to the last Symbian devices released by Nokia this year, like the 808 Pureview.

Professor
j444lh

Re: Latest software release for Nokia N8 is Nokia Belle (111.030.0609)

@GEN82012, this is probably the wrong thread for enquiring on updates but...

No you can't download directly from Nokia if the update hasn't been released for your product code.

Updates are by Product Code, type *#0000# on the Call screen. For example mine is 059C7R0.

These codes are country and operator specific.

Be aware there is a difference between a "Vanilla" handset brought directly from Nokia and an "Unlocked" one.

If a carrier "Unlocks" the handset it means you can use it on other networks but the Product Code will remain the original one and can't be changed.

If the phone has been repaired at some stage it may have a non standard board in it as well and I think those can only be updated at Nokia Care.

If you take the phone to Nokia Care with proof that it is legally unlocked they may be willing to load the local "Vanilla" variant for you.

Note; mine has recently updated to  111.040.1511.

N95 (RM159) V31.0.017, N8 (RM596) Belle 111.040.1511
Professor
Dan555

hp2009 wrote:

Maintenence mode means updates to fix show-stopping bugs and to accommodate changes made to online services. An example of a show-stopping bug is the 3G reception making the phone reset on the 808 or timezone updates. An example of the latter is removing client support for Nokia Messaging as Nokia Messaging for Symbian 3 devices is being dropped. I wouldn't really expect much more. All this is wild conjecture of course.

thangseldo

my current software version is 111.040.1511
Contributor
drpairaikar

The latest version is 111.040.1511 Symbion belle refresh. I think that is the end of symbion era, only minor update like colorzit,microsoft application etc will be there. The big question is will N8 get windows OS? processor of N8 will not be able to do so, then what next? I do not know. Somebody more in this field can give detail feasibility of windows OS on N8.

drpairaikar
Contributor
jefron

symbian belle refresh has left no refreshments for old symbian users i use to own c7 n had the best apps before anna n belle the moment i upgraded to belle refresh my cell is not supportin any apps n nokia store has the worst apps all my good old apps were removed. Thnk u nokia for changin me to android my luv for nokia for past 5yrs is all gone
Registered Member
7781084049a

after belle refresh any more sw will available for N8
Registered Member
7781084049a

[ Edited ]

sir my sw version is 111.040.1511 any more sw available for n8.my email id is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX@gmail.com

Moderator's Note: This post was edited and the email address was removed. Please do not publish personal information on a public forum.

Registered Member
7781084049a

my current sw version is 111.040.1511(N8) Any more sw will available after belle refresh?
Registered Member
7781084049a

[ Edited ]

sir i have nokia n8 my device imei is 35XXXXXXXXXXXXX and my product code is 059k9s9.in my device camera image quality is bad and touch pad is slow why?

Moderator's Note: This post was edited and the IMEI number was removed. Please do not publish such unique serial number on a public forum.

jhanawalkumar

[ Edited ]

My software version is n8 Diamond belle refresh by tota help me it is latest update or not, please tell me what is latest version  , my mail id is ***************@gmail.com

Moderator's note: E-mail address was removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public forum.