Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Are N8 photos & videos better with Belle or Anna? ...

Contributor
WhosThere

Are N8 photos & videos better with Belle or Anna? (quality of image processing software)

[ Edited ]

I've read a couple of posts elsewhere saying that Belle's image processing software is not as good as Anna's on the N8.

If you have any comments based on your own real-world (i.e. not theoretical or second-hand) experience of using the two OS versions and their relative image and video output quality I'd love to hear them.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Are N8 photos & videos better with Belle or Anna? (quality of image processing software)

Yes my friend, Anna's camera better then Belle.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
WhosThere

Re: Are N8 photos & videos better with Belle or Anna? (quality of image processing software)

Thanks, zoya4u.

Considering that the one outstanding feature of the N8 running Anna and previous Symbian versions is the photos/videos it can produce (which is why I bought one in the 1st place), it seems like Nokia have shot themselves in the foot with Belle. Oh dear.

Btw you probably know this already, but rumour has it that Android and Windows phones have the same issue - the camera hardware might be good enough but the image processing software isn't, and it wasn't until the 4S that the iPhone was able to compete with the N8's (and N95's etc) image quality.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ioannisman2

[ Edited ]

Photos not so much but in video especially afternoon and night shots Anna is a million miles ahead of Belle.

Even in my room Belle's videos have way much more noise than Anna's.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
blue2012

hey guyZ, im just wondering becoz i updated my n8 late, on june present year, i noticed that my photo shots from belle compare to my previous SHots in anna has no differrence in file size, its consumes from 1-2 mb, i havent experienced slow image processing, i dont knw why.. Maybe nokia revised there ofw belle.. What do u thnk.. Maybe I JUST get lucky becoz i nOTiced that theres nO FURTHER changes in my photos running in belle o.s,
Please use plain text.