Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Armenia cancels DST!! need patch!

Counsellor
SUNUN

Armenia cancels DST!! need patch!

Hello! 

The government of Armenia anounces changes in the daylight saving time in Armenia for the year of 2012.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/dst2007/archive/2012/03/22/armenia-cancels-dst.aspx

plz when will be awialbel patch for this? because this night nokia changes time in my phone and my friends phone!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SUNUN

Anyone from Nokia have read this message?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi SUNUN,

As you do not mention which phone you own it's not possible to give you precise information, but in general just adjust the time in the 'Time and date' settings, usually in MENU>Settings>Phone>Time and date

Let us know how you get on,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SUNUN

[ Edited ]

my phone n8 symbian belle and there is no option to disable daylight saving, it automatocly chages phone time vhen i set time zone Yerevan\Armenia need patch i see the patch for Moscow/Russia whe need the same patch

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SUNUN

SUN for java, oracle already released updates for fix this change.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi SUNUN,

If in your region DST is not in use it is upto the operator to provide the correct time for phones which have on automatic time setting enabled. It is the operator who supplies the time to the phone in this mode.

The other option would be to not set for automatic time setting and adjust to local time manually.

Let me know how you get on,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SUNUN

i have disabled automatoc time setting adjustment but but when i sinchronize calendar events for next week from lotus or exchange in phone it added +1 hour and phone automatic changes time +1 for erevan in this night
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SUNUN

[ Edited ]

see screenshoot i am about this http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-1372-91.html automatic update is off

now i changed my time zone to georgia and waiting for solution from you

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SUNUN

[ Edited ]

see this topic /t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/Russian-time-zones/td-p/1194543 there is some problem for russia and i now you have fix it

http://i27.fastpic.ru/big/2012/0225/76/ef2bb80e1e919c4a43192fee66319376.jpg

and for Armenia we need the same patch!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SUNUN

i attached the fix from nokia for russia plz do the same for armenia time zone!

http://uploading.com/files/288bcb1a/timezone_upgrade_150.sis/

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SUNUN

And now see the screenshot wrong time for Yerevan, Armenia in Armenia  now the same time which in Moscow but nokia show +1 hour :smileysad: and this is DST which is desabled for Armenia, but nokia not disabled it!!!

http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-1373-267.html

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SUNUN

Hey nokia any news? Android has released update for Armenian time zone :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

What Kosh has mentioned to you, is that nokia has not set DST period for your phone in your country. You phone carrier/operator would normally be sending your phone the time updates. However as you say when you sync you calender with your computer have you checked that the computer has the right time on it. And also check on the pc if you add a new calender event that has been created in the non-DST, before syncing, change you phone to manual time settings and make sure it is the current time. then sync that new event to you phone and see what happens.

The phone has to work off the time that you set, however if the PC's time is wrong or when you initially setup the calender event was during the DST time, then your pc will relay the wrong time for the event to the phone changing it by the 1 hour as you have mentioned.

Lastly dont worry about other phone manfacturers, their phones are different and as such may actually require these updates. But if nokia has not set DST period for your phone, then there are only 2 ways to change the time, the first is by the operator/carrier and the second is that you manually change it yourself.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SUNUN

[ Edited ]

A only want that Nokia disables DST for Armenia and the yerevan, Armenia time will be the same as in Moscow, Russia and not different as now http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-1373-267.html

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SUNUN

Heelo Nokia!
Patch for DST are coming or no?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

SUNUN wrote:
Heelo Nokia!
Patch for DST are coming or no?

Rather then requesting here on an User-to-User forum, try thru' the 'Contact Us' tab at the top of this page to get an official responce in this matter...

Please use plain text.