Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Asha 200 BRICKED

Theatris

Asha 200 BRICKED

Welp,bought my asha 200 a couple hours ago,plugged it in.Nokia Suite says theres an update,i try to update but it fails on Win7.Changed it to compatiability mode for WinXP SP2,it got into the backing up stage,went to grab a drink,when i came back it says it failed,telling me to replug the USB.I do,and now it keeps tossing me this error.

Hardware ID missing

Windows cannot identigfy the device plugged into the Nokia USB Flashing Parent

For assistance,contact the hardware manufacturer.

Help is very much appreciated..

I tried uninstalling Nokia Suite,PC Suite and nokia connectivity driver.

Removed its battery,put it back in after 5 minutes,doesnt want to reboot,when i press the power button,all buttons light up and the computer detects it for a couple seconds,and it throws me this error.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Theatris

Sorry to hear it but don't think that there is anything that you the user can do, so I would take it straight back!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

A failed firmware update... Take a look at this link... If nothing works out, take it straight back.
discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Recovering-from-a-failed-firmware-update/td-p/398147
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

the nokia suite will not update for the update to happen you will have to do this, follow the link
/t5/Nokia-Suite/NOKIA-ASHA200-UPDATE-PROBLEM-SOLVED/td-p/1326069
Join my movement to bring a change in NOKIA for good by supporting my FORUM
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.