Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Asha 302 Software issue told by nokia care Wif...

Buttowski

Re: Asha 302 Software issue told by nokia care Wifi is not working

Hello guys, I had the same problem on my Nokia C3-00 which was rectified by following these steps:
1) Settings>Configuration>Personal Settings>options>Add New
Now just create a new Web setting and an Access point setting.
2) In settings>Configuration>Default Config. Settings
Delete all the mobile operators setting (e.g. I use Vodafone so i
deleted all the Vodafone settings and choose personal settings as
default setting
3)settings>Configuration>Preferred access point
Choose that point which you just added in step 1

All these things are to be done because Nokia C3-00 and Asha 302 are introductory Wi-Fi phones from nokia which can not switch off Packert data. To switch off packet data we actually require to delete the mobile operators packet data settings permanently.

And remember one thing Nokia Care staffpersons are no better than an **bleep**.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
samiahmad

I was also facing the same issue of WIFI. Fortunately my problem is resolved. Go to menu > Settings > Configuration > Personal Settings > Add new Web. After that activate the web option. Go back to Configuration > Default config. Settings > Select Personal config. Now when ever u use browser it will first ask to choose wifi or gprs to connect.

Regards.
Please use plain text.
usmanejaz

after this i can access internet but i cannot watch youtube and mobile buffer 60% only and stop but after this i cannot watch video please help me?????????

Please use plain text.
usmanejaz

after this i can access internet but i cannot watch youtube and mobile buffer 60% only and stop but after this i cannot watch video please help me?????????
Please use plain text.
usmanejaz

edmundlanggie wrote:

I just bought my Asha 302 3-4 days ago. Having problem with wifi connection & my phone keep on using my credit to surf the net using 3G. What i've done is this:

1. Go to menu

2. Go to setting

3. Go to Connectivity and set 'Ask First'

4. Then Go to Configuration

5. Scroll to Personal Setting

6. Choose My Web

7. Then Activate by using Options button.

8. Go back & try Web search..

Hope this can help all of you there. Please spread this message to others who is using Nokia.

Sincerely,

NOKIA SUPPORTER 4EVER

edmundlanggie wrote:

I just bought my Asha 302 3-4 days ago. Having problem with wifi connection & my phone keep on using my credit to surf the net using 3G. What i've done is this:

1. Go to menu

2. Go to setting

6. Choose My Web

Hope this can help all of you there. Please spread this message to others who is using Nokia.

Sincerely,

NOKIA SUPPORTER 4EVER

edmundlanggie wrote:

1. Go to menu

2. Go to setting

6. Choose My Web

Sincerely,

NOKIA SUPPORTER 4EVER

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
asha_302

thanks for the help. but these setting only solve the problem of using nokia web browser.
I am still not able to use the mail account and social and chat. it is saying 'communication problem' or 'unable to connect to the network'. please help. i have just bought asha last week when i was in dubai. and now i am back to india, i cant even get it exchanged
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alexila

hi, i cant solve this problem with this solution, can anyone describe it in better way? :smileysad:  or have anyone other solutions for this problem :smileysad: 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ilanio

Thank you Hassan Jahangir!

Your method really worked for me.

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Dignity2

Hi,

I have nokia Asha303 actually and it had the same problem but I think I can help you ...

So solution #1 is to update your software by PC suit

and solution #2 is to download opera mini either from computer or from your mobile store then you can easily use internet on Wifi.....

Hope it would help you all...

Regard...

Please use plain text.
Dignity2

Hello Friend there are two solution

either update your software

or  download opera mini in your mobile and the you can use internet through opera min with WIFI..

Hope it would help you people out

regards

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chocoboi

do dis it works :smileyhappy:
Menu> Settings> configuration>Personal settings> add new..
Select My web.... And its working...
Keep all the other settings in other areas as wifi first and all.... But I did this after deleting my service provider settings... Somebody try it without removing the service provider settings.. It might work... Then u might be able to access both WI-fi and service provider according to availability... :-)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fakhrex

Same problem here.... Nokia pls help!

Please use plain text.
Hameem

hi! My nokia 302 shows wlan but doesnot connects. every time it shows 'connectiom failed' please help me!!
Please use plain text.
Hameem

hey! I have a problem in wifi connection in my nokia 302 . It shows wlan but cannot connect. If i want to connect it shows connection failed. Can anyone please help me...
Please use plain text.
Hameem

i want the help...please!!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
varmamvn

Thank you. Thats it. All, please dont bother to update software or go to Nokia support or stuff. This simple step should work.

Thanks brother!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

i just found out way to fixed this just now.. all u have to do is remove the battery for couple of minutes..  put the battery after that and wifi works perfectly just fine. social, chat.. email ..brower all work..!!  before that none of them aint working..

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/easy-fix/?view=detail

i have tried restoring to factory default state for 3 times and didnt work..  so yeah.. hope my method works for all of you!!!

Please use plain text.
Axesoul

HI Dear Users,

I was facing the same problem with the new nokia asha 302. and I have managed to finally figured it out that the problem is generally because of the whatsapp application that connects automatically to the net for updates. I deleted the app and also changed the update and notification settings for my mail and chat clients. now it seems fine!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
machine_vj

[ Edited ]

Well, hey guys.. I didnt get time to read this full post, but I just felt like posting what I know now. The Asha 302 and the Nokia C3 (which I had before) had the same problems with browsers not working on wifi. There is a lot of stuff that they say on the net that there is a workaround for the problem. I had tried everything and none of that  fix works.. seriously...!

C3 is an old phone and I finally figured out that in the lateest versions of S40 software this issue was there... The old versions like 4.6 or something, did not have this prob. So that means its a recent software that nokia made that screwed up the wifi.. Updating to new versions for c3 didnt work. 

For Asha 302, the version v14.53 which I just updated to today, works... I can happily browse thru wifi with the inbuilt browser! Even the browser version has been updated and it works just fine... Im finally at peace coz i thot my cash went down the drain.. coz most people i know buy the asha 302 or c3 for the wifi.. 

*note; removed metion of unofficial way to modify phone firmware. This is not allowed under the forum guidelines.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mohsin_ashfaq92

I am having the same problem. Plus I cannot connect to any Ad-hoc wireless network created by laptop.

Please use plain text.