Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Asha 302 USB Mode Problem.

Contributor
Dzoles
Accepted Solution

Asha 302 USB Mode Problem.

I have a new Asha 302. Everytime I connect it to a PC. It will not display in My Computer using Mass Storage mode. Unlike my Old C3 before.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Re: Asha 302 USB Mode Problem.

Go to Menu-settings-connectivity- USB cable-Data storage.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dzoles

I did that. When I connect my phone to a pc. The phone prompt these: Nokia Suite, Media Transfer and Mass Storage. When I select Mass Storage. The Removable disk icon will not appear in my computer. It feels like there's a problem with my phone's driver I guess.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

For how long do you wait? Depending on the size of card, amount of data on it & the pc configuration the time varies. After pressing mass storage, phone will show transferring data. Wait for it to complete. If even after that it doesn't shows up then probably there is a driver problem.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dzoles

I wait for couple of minutes when it displays "Tranferring data...". I cant exactly give you a figure because I will keep on plugging it off and on. I got 4GB MicroSD, same SD card I use with my previous phone C3 and I have no problem with it. Only that when I use Asha 302. I updated the firmware 3-4 time hoping that would help.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Plugging off & on during data transfer may corrupt the data on the card. To check if the card is fine, remove it from the phone & connect using a card reader. If the pc prompts you to scan & fix the card do so. But please note that scanning & fixing sometimes makes some images unreadable on the pc & they can be read only on the phone.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dzoles

Thank you for the info sir. I don't know that. I'll see if the card maybe the problem.

"When I will plug it. The phone displays... Accessing..." and it stops there.

Anyhow. Thanks you sir. I'll update you right after doing your adivce.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dzoles

I've checked the SD Card and no problems on it.

Nokia Suite and Media Transfer is working. Only that when I select Mass Storage the response is slow in my computer or phone. I stacks in Accessing...

I guess the problem is in my PC.
Please use plain text.