Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Atleast give as some belle lite version

Advisor
nikufellow
Accepted Solution

Atleast give as some belle lite version

I am not fool enough to ask nokia to port belle or anna as it is to old gen devices but atleast give as some of its ui elements or features ... What nokia needs to understand is that still there are millions out there who own s^1 devices ...... Even s 40 devices now have widgetised hs but we who own so called samartphones are left with a borirng ui ..... Atleast the newer devices like c5 03 should get some sort of improvement.... I am tired of frequent restarts , inconsistent ui and low memory errors.... If you won't give as belle atleast fix the freakin memory full error ... The damn os consumes almost 75 - 85 mb of the available ram which is mere 128 mb total ...... I know its time to move on to newer devices if i want new ui but i believe its nokias responsibility to provide every buyer with bugless fw no matter what product he buys ...... If nothing major happens to my c5 03 an the coming updates then sorry nokia my next phone won't be lumia ,,,,nd don't ever missunderstand that its only me - there are thousands out with the same mindset
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nikufellow

Re: Atleast give as some belle lite version

Well i gues nobody replies to such posts but atleast some moderators forward this to development team please :smileyindifferent:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Akhileshvv

Yep bro. You are right. I am with u. I am using Nokia 5800 XpressMusic for 2.7 years and still works like charm. I love the hardware quality of Nokia. BTW you Nokia lags far far back in UI department. You left your S60v5 users empty handed by giving old, boring UI. No graphical improvements. Other brands are giving due importance to UI these days. Atleast give something refreshing to your old S60v5 devices. I am not asking for Belle OS. But something like Lite version.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nikufellow

Thanks bro for your reply but i guess somehow we need more users to assemble here so that we can make the moderators forward it to nokia development team
Please use plain text.
sivc

Please add me to. I'm using c5-00 since 1year and I'm bored and fed up with its UI it doesn't allow a fullscreen wallpaper on native nokia theme. Atleast s60v5 has that one and they left s60 v3&v5 far behind s^3 . So I'm in a opinion that my next phone will not be Nokia.
Please use plain text.
Sage
bassmantrb5ii

Whilst there may be certain bug fixes released in the future I don't think there is going to be any major graphical UI updates for the S60 phones.

Hardware wise there is only so much that the S60 phones are going to be capable of in terms of graphical UI.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nikufellow

If not belle atleast give us a bugless os - optimise it so that less ram is consumed .... When they decided to put only 128 mb of ram on our devices they should have optimised to fw to use as little ram as possible for running and leaving the rest for other applications but instead they made an os which its three fourth of the available ram .. How can you explain that ... The damn moderators here too wont help atleast forward theses to nokia development team
Please use plain text.
totti7243

I agree we are all left out from nokia. we need something new, if they dont want to port nokia belle then give us some other lite ui than the ugly one we got man

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nikufellow

Yeah we need somethin new
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nikufellow

Damn please some moderators out there forward this to nokia development team ...... Dont kill nokias reputation
Please use plain text.
totti7243

Can we do anything so that they hear our voice or what?

Please use plain text.
raman_hwr

i suppport you for this

we need to ask Nokia to kindly provide us with some update having atleast basic funtionality of Belle
Pls Nokia pls :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Why not try Belle Shell available from the Nokia Store (for a small fee) to transform your S^1 devices?

http://store.ovi.com/content/251264?clickSource=search&pos=6

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Hi @rayhipkiss

Actually that's a good idea but I'm not sure how good is that app.

A friend of mine tried it on a 5230 without luck, because the application didn't worked. As this app has not a free trial, people buying it has to be careful.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nikufellow

No apps like belle shell will eat a lot of ram and they are just apps we need some thing as a firmware upgrade itself ... Please support guys .. I think we must forward a mass petition to nokia :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ichibi87

I fully agree with you guys, themes and such can only go so far. It feels though Nokia has neglected and is punishing those who still use s60 phones, a proper update is long overdue even if its not belle, atleast SOME ui update.
Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys

This is just an advice.

You are right in asking for that to Nokia but I can tell that the chances for you to get what you're asking for are less than ZERO. So my advice to you is to go for an app wich I used myself when I had a S60V5 device and it is "SPB Mobile Shell", I assure you won't regret it. That app made my old 5530XM a decent device to use.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Belle Shell and SPB mobile shell are not just themes, they are GUI's that sit on top of the OS.

I agree with Noki2000 in that the old S60 devices will not get the sort of update you're requesting so your only option is to upgrade to a newer phone or install one of the two previously mentioned applications. SPB is pretty good actually, I remember trying it on my old 5800XM and it does make the phone feel like a new device.

All the best.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Agree with you @rayhipkiss

Forgot to mention there's a "SPB Mobile Shell Lite" free version in the Nokia Store here: http://store.ovi.com/content/61716

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

It was the lite version I tried out many moons ago on my 5800XM. I was surprised at how well it ran on the phone.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.