Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Belle FP1 Update Bugs

Counsellor
LandoftheRich

Belle FP1 Update Bugs

1. Google Maps app no longer opens.

2. Status bar disappears for certain apps and is replaced by white box with a plus symbol inside.

3. This isnt a bug but be aware the update will get rid of some existing system ringtones.
Please use plain text.
wegny

The update makes Google maps not working again.  Please solve it  i used it all the time to read kml files of my tracks PLEASE PLEASE solve it!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rgulecha

omg..!! why why did they have to remove some tones ? i want my message9 tone back :smileysad:

cmn ...!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
toe703

Yes the Google Maps bug is back. Nokia please fix it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Please fix google maps. gNewsReader also not working, is it a subtle attack on google related software?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
toe703

4. Unable to edit MMS Access Points. MMS Access Points disappeared completely!
Please use plain text.
valek_odessa

Please use plain text.
kaki2410

My sim card is not getting detected after the NOKIA 701 Belle update.. Has anyone experienced it??
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rohitsingh2713

hii@all,
can anybody Pl tell me if Belle fp1 will ever be made available to n8 & c7-00??
Please use plain text.
LanceReid

After install all created folders removed, had to recreate them, now that the scroll bar is invisible, rearranging icons/folders in menu is a NIGHTMARE!! Try moving the bottom 2 icons to the top in belle FP1, WHAT A MISSION. Please bring back scroll bar!

Please use plain text.
LanceReid

Other apps that don't work after update

1. ThumbnailFolders

2. My recent Apps (no widget)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LandoftheRich

Found another one...Wifi Instability.

When your wifi connection is medium or weaker, downloading pages or video larger than a couple of mb's will cause the connection to be dropped. Then Belle tries to re-establish the connection and download. Then it drops again. Rinse, wash, repeat. This process takes forever and makes watching video online impossible. Videos are hard enough to watch already since FP1 removed the aspect ratio option.

I'm also getting a "limited connectivity" warning in the wifi menu - even in areas where the signal is very strong.

Please use plain text.
farryli

ye. please,nokia should fix the bug!
I want the google maps back!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LandoftheRich

In my case, I was able to resolve this issue by going into the setup page of the router and enabling "Wireless QoS" and "WMM Support".
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LandoftheRich

Status bar was disappearing because I was quitting background system operations using the app, App Stop. I'm not sure which one I closed caused the problem, but I suspect it was QTAppBooster. I'd suggest not quitting any of the ones with a red icon.
Please use plain text.
Sage

WiFi "problem" seems due to a new "feature": the process "wlanmaintenance.exe" monitors wifi access-point within the "Internet" category, and moves them to uncategorized whenever it can't detect public Internet accessibilitu (e.g. for a connection timeout). Thus the "limited connectivity" message.

If you build another category (I used MyInternet as a name) and move your connections there, wlanmaintenance won't mess up with them. Only, you've got to reconfigure everything to use the new category as a default connection...

hope this helps

cheers

m

Please use plain text.
Sage
AlanWatson

This wireless issue is incredibly annoying. I often use a university wifi system where you first have to connect to the network and then log on at a web page before getting public internet access. After the first stage, or if the link is temporarily lost, my phone sometimes moves the connection out of the Internet category, where several apps I frequently use cannot access it. If I try to shift the connection back I am told that I cannot as it is in use.

It is an incredibly stupid design.

Alan
Please use plain text.
Contributor
selims

FP1 falling apart....

After i restart my 700, most of the time the backlight does not go off when i lock the phone.

That would not be an issue if i did not have to restart my 700 every other day, because the widgets or the shortcuts on the homescreens stop responding. i can use the menu button, i can swipe through the homescreens but the buttons on the homescreens does not function.

One more thing. I don't know if it is a bug or a feature. In the middle of homescreens without a background i see strange and unrelated icons which doesn't seem to have a function. sometimes it is a tiny heart, pen, table, arrow, OK button, a white box, etc. (I don't htink it is an app bug because the only app turned on all the time on my phone is whatsapp).

Please use plain text.
Nik_Ind

Just bought an 808 Pureview. Noticed the following bug:-

No *Mark* functionality in gallery photos. Tap and hold function on picture opens up a tab that reads *Add tag*. So basically, you need to transfer each and every picture from the gallery one by one x(

Please use plain text.
Nik_Ind

No *exit* option for camera!

Please use plain text.