Sticking strictly to point (Issues FP2) of this thread following are issues:
1. Whenever default browser started on my Nokia 701, it start with blank black screen with blank white adress bar on top. This screen remains there for about 2 seconds then opens my homepage in same tab. Below it's screensnap, plz.., look at it . plz. fix it.
2. While typing with default fp2 keyboard sometimes(not every time), it can't slide up the the typing completed space up then one has to type blindly on space covered by keyboard. plz. fix it.
3. While typing with default fp2 keyboard, when some text missed in previous sentence, it needs to touch in the place where text was missed then there appears left-right arrow keys (in blue color) for seconds with which cursor can be places accuratly at required positon.
Problem :- But problem is that when cursor placed at the required position to type missing text and first word of missing text entered manually or by choosing it from word sugession then after inserting space manually or automatically, it places cursor somewhere in already typed word instead of placing it one space next to recently typed (missing) word. plz. fix it.
4. In messaging new message can be acessed from lockscreen.
Problem :- When message accessed from lock sreen by sliding "new message notification" on lockscreen,
it takes directly to recieved text but while returnig back to homescreen it takes too many back steps (nearly 4-5 steps) to return to homescreen ( Pressing red/ hang-up key or menu key is not the solution, it will keep msg. app running). Fix it so as it shlould regain initial locked state in one back step.
5. Camera takes much time for first start-up after reboot. plz. fix it.
6. Nokia Store not as smooth as that was in Belle fp1. plz. fix it.
7. Many times though slide-down menu shows mobile data on but actually it not works in any app. then it needs to restart the phone (Switching mobile data on/off didn't work) after that everything goes smooth. This is not the operator issue as it was not there on belle fp1. plz. fix it.
Hopeful, nokia will consider these facts and would provide corrective software update in near future.
I Don't know why u have released this software update with so many problems.. do u have any Quality control before releasing such software update? Yes, there's a big positive difference when u try to compare it to FP1... like we're so eager to have this FP2 in our system way back 7months, i guess? but NOKIA failed to give us positive expectations...so much for the mark all botton from the gallery problem, to picture/video editing problem and etc...MOREOVER in my observation i guess, one of the edge of having Nokia 701 is the picture quality, with FP2 everything changed.. i don't like the result of the captured photos now.. sad to say when my phone was just Nokia symbian Belle, i have Very good picture quality not until now...
i hope u could find solutions to what is happening now, Im a big Nokia fan... Pls do something about it...
2012-10-28 14:26 - last edited on 2012-10-29 17:34 by Raoul_Duke
lets try and keep this thread to talking about issues found with FP2 rather than anything else as the more focued we keep this thread the more chance we have of the Nokia guru's looking at it and hopefully fixing what they can.
Moderators notes: Discussion on Flashing not allowed on the forums
@ RAOUL_DUKE ( Moderator ) ,
My Pureview 808 with the latest update of FP2 v.113.010.1507 i experienced only 1 problem ;
- While using the Nokia Battery Monitor 3.1 in powersave mode ( i always keep it in powersave mode ), display brightness is set to %0 ( i might have selected this, i forgot ) , the display tries to adjust the screen brighter and then dim and brighter inconsistently in the same amount of AMBIENT LIGHT in the room. That is really annoying and it wasn't happening in FP1. I prefer to have a %0 display to save battery.
- I remember reading that the purple tint problem would be solved by something like this by software update on Nokia support pages. My display never had purple tint problem, so this brightness inconsistency is really irritating and might be even wasting the battery further.
-My second disappointment ( not a problem , but a forgotten transition perhaps? ) is on the new sliding lock screen the SET next alarm is NOT shown as in FP1. It is completely removed. It was easy to see on the lock screen whether the next active alarm was set or not.
I would really appreciate if you could advise on the brigtness inconsistency or an update perhaps. The alarm issue is just a personal wish i liked from FP1.
Overall in my experience the FP2 runs nice and smooth.