Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Belle Widgets re-sizable?

Counsellor
n8paul
Accepted Solution

Belle Widgets re-sizable?

Firstly  :- Well done Nokia 10 X improvement much slicker and smooth   very happy so far.

One of the big features of Belle was resable widgets.  How do I resize widgets?  (at the moment I can't fit on all the widgets I used to have on my "main" screen)  

Is there a way to move widgets across Homescreens?

As far as I can see some widgets can only appear once (across 6 homescreens) and if its on homescreen 3 all set-up you can't then move to homescreen 1 

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Re: Belle Widgets re-sizable?

Hi n8paul,

There will be no re-sizable widgets in Belle. You can only choose different form factors like there are different Clock widgets, both in Size as in Function.

To move your widgets across homescreen hold the widget you wish to move and then drag across to the homescreen you wish to move to.

I have attached a link to a video guide on some basic functions of Nokia Belle which includes information on widgets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FBCbWrvOEpw#!

Hope this helps.

Regards

Raoul_Duke
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
n8paul

Thanks for quick reply   I understand what you mean (I got the widgets to move across screens :smileyhappy:  )

I remember reading there were 5 sizes of widgets  there doesn't seem to be that choice only

Clock, Analogue

Clock, Digital

:smileysad:

the email widget is now massive  is their a smaller version (3rd party even?) 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
spooley

I too would like to have a smaller email widget, occupying one slot.

Also the 'search' widget now takes up twice as much space.

I miss, from Anna, the widget that combined time / date / profile ... and also offered 1-touch access to launch clock / calendar / profile selection.

My Anna home screen used six widgets for displaying:

1. Time/Date/Profile - offering 1-touch access to clock, calendar and profile selection applications;
2. Notifier - offering 1-touch access to messaging / phone, as appropriate;
3. BizCalendar - 4 upcoming events and access to BizCalendar app;
4. MailForExchange widget, showing 2 recent emails;
5. FrequentContacts.
6. Search Widget.

So far, I've found it impossible to replicate that functionality. 

For all the good things in Belle, it does look as if substance has lost out to style, I'm afraid.

Simon 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
meegja

Had the same question because the Calendar widget is just way and way too smal with just 1 (!!??) line and the clock is just WAY to big :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
trinkner

I, too, would like a calendar widget that showed more than one event. Perhaps one that shows my day's agenda, that scrolls by touch like the email widget?

I would also like a one-slot-height time/date widget that, when clicked, would open the clock app.  The curent analog and digital widgets are too tall (both are two-slot-height).

Please use plain text.