Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Belle & Orange UK N8

Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

[ Edited ]

The bloatware may not be there but the product code is still locked to Orange so therefore it's still branded. 

Ray. 

Moderators notes: Discussion about unbranding is not allowed on the forums.

Please use plain text.
petelloyd73

maybe if you all took the time to read the software availability page you would find that orange belle sw is under creation. same as o2 and tesco

and not, as you all claim, unavailable

god help the world if something important happened...just relax and be patient for it

there are far more important things in the world going on that your os update being developed

Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

petelloyd73 wrote:

maybe if you all took the time to read the software availability page you would find that orange belle sw is under creation. same as o2 and tesco

and not, as you all claim, unavailable

god help the world if something important happened...just relax and be patient for it

there are far more important things in the world going on that your os update being developed

If you had bothered to read the thread then you would have picked up that at the time this thread was made there were no Orange UK product codes listed on the software availability page. That info has only been added in the last few hours.

Yes there are more important things going on in the world but this is a forum for the discussion of Nokia sevrvices and products, so you're not likely to get talk about the shelling of Homs or the car bombing in Mogadishu. If thats what you're looking for then you're in the wrong place.

Have a bit of respect for the users and think before you post in future.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
datura

there was a young chap called pete, who thought it incredibly neat

to tell unto all a story so tall, however muffled through his own feet    

Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

So bell is listed in this thread /t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-Belle-availability-information/td-p/1298583 as "waiting for approval"
but its listed on the update page http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-availability as "under creation"

Which is it?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
derwiche01

059c1b7 n8 no oupdate OTA N PC SUITE???????
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

DeadmanN8 wrote:
So bell is listed in this thread /t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-Belle-availability-information/td-p/1298583 as "waiting for approval"
but its listed on the update page http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-availability as "under creation"

Which is it?

I would go with Software under creation. Kerttu's information might be old or a typing error.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

Thats what I was thinking but didn't want to say ;-)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Brimski

This is what i recieved from nokia a short while ago regarding the orange update ...

Dear Mr. Eastwood,

Thank you for contacting Nokia Careline.

We understand that you are unable to update your device to the Nokia Symbian Belle update. Please note that the said update will be available depending on your phone's product code. In addition, please be advised that new Nokia device software is released on a regular basis, however, not all countries and operators support the latest version. Your network service provider may not support this version; hence, you were unable to install it on your device. We suggest that you contact your network provider to check if they support the latest software available for your device.

Moreover, you have stated in your email that your handset's product code is 059C9F6. Please be advised that as of the moment, the update for Nokia devices with the said product code is not yet available and is still under creation. However, our Research and Development team is working with this to make it available for the customer as soon as possible. We suggest that you visit the Nokia website periodically for updates.

In the meantime, we seek for your kind understanding regarding this matter.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
live1mc

under creation is correct as i was checking hourly and then nokia added orange .lets just hope we aint waiting 3 months
Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

[ Edited ]

Quite ironic really as this is the response from the Orange Facebook page

"Orange Helpers. We've been advised that this update is currently being tested, but we do not yet have a release date for this. We'll let you know when we have any further news. Thanks!"

So it seems Orange are testing software that Nokia is still making lol

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
live1mc

at least we are getting it .i was very worried for a time ha ha
Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

From Orange UK's Facebook page

Hi there, thanks for your patience. The update is currently in testing and should be approved by February 14th. It will then be available to download via Nokia Suite.

Sounds good to me :-)

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Ahhhh Happy Valentines day from Orange !!!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
matonking

[ Edited ]

14th? so a week after the initial release. I can't wait to leave orange. They were quick enough in charging us all 4.27% extra a month which the other networks didn't and yet they can't release a SW update which their partner (t-mobile) already has.

I'm not that fused about it anymore, after reading some of the issues with belle.

Its a 2 month old firmware according to the date shown in the firmware version.

You're telling me that in the years or so that belle has been under creation that no one in nokia found the flash video errors, battery problems, connection problems, lost data and many other issues already turning up?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
trip316

Orange Helpers on twitter are saying no release date as yet and in the next few weeks depending on which helper replys. Sucks to be Orange.

Please use plain text.
Professor
flagpole

the status has changed to awaiting approval or something.
There's no dignity in begging for kudos. Do it for the karma.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
datura

kell suprise, my guess is that nokia and orange have native american beef, like big heap trouble, maybe in gradiation, with each other given the fact that ordinarily the symbiotic, ironic symbian (too cheesy, i know) relationship between producers and distributers shouldn't be akin to Dr thingme's pushme pullyou describing a lack of attention to each other only ever exceeded by siblings at christmas. without out the rhetoric though this continues to be a steaming pile of pants

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
live1mc

waiting for aproval.what the hell is going on.it was being developed yesterday.nokia and orange make me feel ill tbh.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jamie0411

Its on the list and now waiting approval ( Testing for Faults ) should be ready in less than a week.

Its at the bottom of the N8 list, hope this puts your mind at ease.

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-availability

Orange UKN8-00059C9F6Waiting for approval

Please use plain text.