Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Belle & Orange UK N8 update availability still...

Contributor
mohammedrajak

Re: Belle & Orange UK N8 update availability still not available.

Still no update belle for orange n8, now 21st feb, was advertised as 14th feb 2012. What a joke. Come on orange what's the delay.............
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mohammedrajak

Re: Belle & Orange UK N8

Lol, orange always messing about. Why do I stay with them I don't even know
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mohammedrajak

What's the contact details. Yeah let's have a flash mob. Oops I'm Muslim, does that make me a terrorist, oops again I'm brown and from the sub continent. I'd better keep stump. Come on orange **bleep** is happening.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mohammedrajak

Still no update Orange UK N8-00 059C9F6 Waiting for approval And waiting....and waiting..........and waiting......
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

O2, Tesco, Virgin and Orange are still at the "Waiting for approval" stage. Maybe it's because the update is so horrendous they don't want to insult there customers by offering the update in it's current state.

Virgin (my network) don't usually take this long and release updates when the T-Mobile (parent network) ones become available. It's one of the reasons I stay with Virgin because they don't fill their phones with bloatware so I'm a bit confused over the delay in releasing the update (not that I want it anyway).

All the best.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Lamotti

Orange are the worst when it comes to filling their phones with useless stuff and what not. I was used to be with them for about 5 months, then went back to 02, who I was with before, they arn't anything special but at least they don't add some much bloatware or whatever you call it. Their signal in my area was really poor aswell.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
matonking

The person to blame is nokia.

They released a firmware update where the latest build is nearly 3 months old that is full of errors and bugs (really obvious errors and bugs too). The only hope is that they've had 3 months to sort out the issues and a new update is on its way soon.

Please use plain text.
bushy16

hi updated my orange n8 phone to belle on the 17th feb and i hate every bit of it anna is much better but cant find a way to get her back so think before you upgrade

Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

Well MWC is just 5 days away so it looks like we will be told about all the new stuff before we get a chance to try the old stuff.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
matonking

"but cant find a way to get her back so think before you upgrade"

Google "symbian toys" go to the first link that shows up and download the 1st and 3rd option on the left (NVIFRM AND ROMPATCHR)

Thats all you need. Although i'd google for tutorials just so you know exactly what to do.

Technically I could go to belle right now, but i'd rather wait for the official version.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
live1mc

belle aint never coming out of our n8s.forget it oragne and nokia a let downs as usual
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
turnipking

I would find that difficult to believe as Orange has yet to release Belle. If this is true I would like to know how.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
domble

Just plugged my Orange N8 059C9F6 into nokia suite and got a big 'Update to Nokia Belle' splash.

Downloading now.

dom.

Please use plain text.
bogivet

[ Edited ]

Today Orange is release Belle update for product code 059C9F6.

Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

Just saw this too :-)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ianh1987

am just installing the update for my n8 059c9f6 so it is available ust they haven't updated the page yet

Please use plain text.
Advisor
domble

On the basis of a few hours of Belle, I think it's good.  The only apps which didn't automatically re-appear were Sleeping Screen and Bubbles, but they're available at nokia store and beta labs and are working fine now. 

Not noticed any 'orange' customisation. 

I'm happy.  A colleague at work is on Virgin, and still waiting.  He's not so happy! :smileywink:

Dominic.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mohammedrajak

nokia suite not updating, been wating tryed reinstalling nokia suite - belle orange update
Please use plain text.
mr_brimski

Belle seems to be fine on orange .. not getting all the bugs that it's said to be riddled with ?? Am personally happy with it myself but do agree its missing some features from anna but in turn has added many new features .. I too have not noticed any orange bloatware but its there for download at nokia store if you need it .. would love to know dominic how you managed to get bubbles working as i cant seem too .. sleeping screen is fine though but not bubbles .. it's also no longer available for download at nokia beta labs ..

Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

mr_brimski wrote:

Belle seems to be fine on orange .. not getting all the bugs that it's said to be riddled with ?? Am personally happy with it myself but do agree its missing some features from anna but in turn has added many new features .. I too have not noticed any orange bloatware but its there for download at nokia store if you need it .. would love to know dominic how you managed to get bubbles working as i cant seem too .. sleeping screen is fine though but not bubbles .. it's also no longer available for download at nokia beta labs ..

I still have the bubbles sis file on my pc from the 8/7/2011 but dont know if it will work with belle. I'm not going to use it but if you want you can PM me your email address and I can send it to you

Please use plain text.