Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Belle & Telstra Australia

Professor
jraduga

Re: Belle & Telstra Australia

Hey Andy, you might be right, but i guess most of us will fine out one way or another. Nokia have finally started talking to the carriers out here, how far that will go is anybodys guess.

The N9 is definitely a well design looking phone. But as i understand they are not continuing on with any further updates for it after this one that is due out or has just come out depending on where you are. We are still waiting for it, lets put it that way. IMO I think that the N9 was definitely the way to have gone from everything i have seen and read. Who knows I might just buy one for the sake of having it. I'm a bg kid when it comes to nice things like mobile phones.

But the one thing that is missing at the moment on all of the newer phones is a decent qwerty keyboard like our E7's have. This is something i use alot, its easier than the ones they have on the screen. I personally will probably delete most of the widgets anyway with Belle. Thats a **bleep** about the apps settings. Actually that reminds me I havent reinstalled angry birds since i updated to anna..lol..aw well just go to show how much i play games. Actually when i do play its usually chess, which i am eally hopeless at, and even then its only when i'm waiting for a doctors appointment. you would think the amount of time i'm visiting doctors i would be good at it but i'm not, its a good distraction though.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
a340500

The unthinkable is now happening - New phones with less usefull features and updates that look good but in actual use are worse than before.

This is my last Nokia phone !

Nokia Congratulations to your marketing team! Gr8 bunch of Monkeys..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bjorn77

Got a tweet from Optus - they haven't received any word from Nokia regarding Belle...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

Vodafone as well.. Its Nokia mostly holding this up..Though Telstra may be the reason for it too.
Please use plain text.
missdeliarious

[ Edited ]

Congratulations to everyone who's been making noise, you guys seem to have gotten the ball rolling at least...

@NokiaAustralia on Twitter:

There is huge interest in Nokia Belle in Australia and we will make the update available to Australian consumers, more info to follow soon

and from Nokia Australia on Facebook:

We're pleased to see that there is huge interest in Nokia Belle in Australia. We will be making the Nokia Belle update available to Australian consumers and will share further details shortly.

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

[ Edited ]

no ppl the phone companies are yet to recive belle from nokia australia, telstra havent even got it . geeze

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

anyone seen this http://www.nokia.com/au-en/support/product/n8-00/ generic belle is now in australia
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

Nothing on Navi Yet Andrew..but hopeful though..
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

if they changed the page it wont be far away i recon tonight for generic. a week for branded
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

I noticed the E7 is still set at Anna..So hot hopeful for that one to appear, , although the NZ one is just as good.. So maybe i might use it when it appears..I have UK at present.. No problems except no $ but Swype has it included..Be nice to have the right one for my Code though.
i dont understand what was going through Nokias Mind, by not rolling out updates for Canada and Australia. ? Crazy negative publicity..
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Regarding an updated info on the Australia availability for Nokia Belle, please check out the following thread: /t5/Software-Updates/Update-on-Nokia-Belle-Availability-for-Australia/td-p/1301641

Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

jraduga wrote:

But the one thing that is missing at the moment on all of the newer phones is a decent qwerty keyboard like our E7's have...

I know mate. I was mega mega worried about that part because I've always relied so heavily on physical qwertys like on my E75, then E7 etc. But to be honest, the keyboard on the N9 is actually pretty good, and when you might be making a mistake, the right word pops up above where you're typing for you to conveniently select it instead of your misspeleed one. But you're right, because going back to the E7 to install Belle had me using that qwerty again, and nothing beats it. I hope Nokia don't disregard this form factor in their future phones.

As for updates, I had read somewhere that Oz weren't getting the N9's PR1.1 update - we've already had that, and 1.2 is just round the corner. I don't know why Nokia think Oz is unimportant for things like updates - it's weird. Maybe they think Uluru gives off magical powers and you guys don't need it! Hope it all works out for you though mate, and if you need help with an N9 if you take the plunge, just ask. I can't live without it now I've got one!!  :smileyhappy:

Nokias: 232, 3210, 3330, 6230, 6101, 6021, 6126, E75, E73, N900, N8, E6, E7, N9. There's a Samsung in there somewhere too, but...we don't talk about that.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

you are totally wrong, belle is already out for australia, the person who told you this has wrong info...
Please use plain text.