Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Belle and battery life

Sage
RiderX

Re: Belle and battery life

App Stop works fine under Belle. The button problem disappears after a reboot.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
i10075

App stop always shows that maps is running and cant be stopped unless restarting the phone. It was the same w/ Anna. So the only way to quit maps is shut down the phone. I am VERY disaponted with Nokia. It was my favorite brand for the last 15 years.....

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

i10075 wrote:

App stop always shows that maps is running and cant be stopped unless restarting the phone. It was the same w/ Anna. So the only way to quit maps is shut down the phone. I am VERY disaponted with Nokia. It was my favorite brand for the last 15 years.....

SHUT DOWN MAPS IMPROVEMENT....

Maps > Options > Settings > Drive > Maps Improvement = OFF

Also, if you use any of the widgets like the Places Widgets, maps will always be ON.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
i10075

Improvement is Off, No widgets. This issue with Maps started after Anna update and continues with Belle. Anyway, I am very disappointment with Belle. The battery dies after 2 days light usage.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Analyst

Get maps 3.09. It doesnt keep running after you shut it off. Its also as good as our beloved 3.06

See it here: http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-maps-suite/more_info#maps309

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Scratch

Well I'm still waiting to understand if it's safe to upgrade my N8 to Belle yet....

I upgraded to Anna, and was stung with battery life problems. Pre Anna I got 3-5 days between charges with light use.

After Anna I initially could get barely a day. Then for no reason after about 1 week, I got 3 days of massive instability, phone crashing and rebooting itself 3-4 times a day (I had never had a single crash previously), then behold battery life back up to an acceptable 2-3 days under normal use for me.

UNfortunately it sounds as though Belle is a leap of faith and I may be stuck with the same probem again :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
i10075

If I had a chance I would go back to Pre- Anna
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
i10075

[ Edited ]

Thank you, Analyst

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
i10075

Actually it keeps running after shut off again. Why Nokia does not say or do something regarding POOR BATTERY LIFE after Belle update and Maps running after Anna+ Belle update
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
i10075

[ Edited ]

I would like to add, that today I unplugged the charger at 9AM. During the day no applications were running. (Even Maps, because after restart it does not run on background until I start it.) I made 3 phone calls for total of no more than 30 minutes and the music player was on for about 45 minutes. The phone was on power saving mode all day. 16 hours after the last charge,  the battery is dead!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable!!!!!!!! This Nokia N8 is only 8 months old and it went already twice to Nokia Care. Now, after the last "update", I can not go out without a charger in my posket and/or solar charger:smileysad:

After many years buying Nokia phones only,  this is my last Nokia phone ever, pardon me, GPS with poor phone extras.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
yoshifmfjf

same problem with Belle on 701, battery life is terrible!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mqudais

After updating my E7 to Belle, I was using my phone normally as used with Anna.

In the beginning the battery was taking 1 day to drain but after some time it stayed more than 2 days. I've updated before couple of days and installed Microsoft applications from the update, after that I need to charge my phone twice a day with the same usage, although the new applications are not running.

Note: My normal usage is that the mobile data is somehow always on and I do receive emails automatically from 2 email accounts and I do have the whatsapp running.

I used to have all these settings before and everything was fine until the last update.

Please give me a solution.

Please use plain text.
Sage
krishgetz

Somehow I'm getting a lot more battery life out of the Belle than pointed out here. I get almost 2 days charge, which is just a wee bit lesser than the Anna times.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sdrew56

We have 2 phones in our family running Belle 1 C7 and 1 N8 and both are plagued by random battery issues 2 days ago I took mine of charge at 100% and in the morning it was down to 3% the only thing showing a massive amount of use on Nokia battery manager was background tasks 95 % and last night the same thing on my wife's C7 took it of charge fully charged at 10pm and by 6.30 this morning it was giving out a low battery warning 97% of use to background tasks overnight we have disabled map improvement and any thing else that we think may contribute to excessive battery use but the problem still randomly occurs.
Come on Nokia give either sort Belle or give us a route back to Anna
Please use plain text.
Sage
krishgetz

Did you try un-installing the battery manager? I had also seen faster charge dissipation on using the battery manager app.

once unistalled, everything was back to normal for me.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Nokia developers where are you?
Get out me the past and see the present.
All of Nokia phones has extremely low capacity batteries.
Is not acceptable to built still batteries of 1.200mAh.
We need batteries with more than 3.600mAh.
Look other companies which use 3.000mAh batteries.
All my Nokia phones after 8 hours of use is not working.
I use always 2 phones with chargers and extra batteries.
Is very difficult always to have my pockets full and Only with extra batteries chargers and 2 phones.
Make our lifes easier not more difficult.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jiricvrk

problem with battery N8+Belle. Sometimes (once a week) my battery is discharged within 8 hours (in normal mode, but...in flight mode no applications opened - by night too). What helps? Switch off and on. And the problem is back again in some days...  I don't like this feature.. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Maatlock

i had the same problem. My battery used to last about 10 hours with almost no usage after updating to belle.

I FOUND THE REASON: using the new version of nokia battery monitor i found that its Whatsapp which is draining the battery!!! I removed it now and after 24h of very little use (just emails) my c7 is stil at 85% charger. I think i remember that there was a whatsapp update pretty close to the belle release so it might not be belle at all, but whatapp only which caused my problem.

Hope this helps some of you
Please use plain text.
Maatlock

btw: whatsapp was 'closed' all the time but still running at a background task...
Please use plain text.
Maatlock

Update:

I re-installed WhatsApp and even though its consuming most of my battery my phone lasts for a good 2.5 days now. Without WhatsApp it would be probably close to 4 with very little usage.

Please use plain text.