Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Belle firmware for N8-00 - slower, worst... su...

Contributor
mikelflogic

Belle firmware for N8-00 - slower, worst... sucks

[ Edited ]

I have been updated F/W to Belle OS in my N8-00. I can't believe what Nokia did. My observations:

- slower operation (ex. switching screens),

- random and spontaneous restarts after sending SMS,

- SMS keyboard (vertical mode) is sucks,

- worst access to emoticons and symbols when writing SMS,

- drop-down list (connection/date/time) is sucks,

- etc.

Quo vadis Nokia?

BR,

mikelflogic

Please use plain text.
Advisor
permo

Re: Belle firmware for N8-00 - slower, worst... sucks

Hello my unlucky friend;

It is sad to hear your experience with the new Belle. When not having those problem at all it is almost unreal to read your post.

My only advice is to reinstall and try once more.

Good luck to you and I hope you will be just as satisfied as I am with my N8 and Belle!!!!;-)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikelflogic

Hello :smileyhappy:

Thank you for advaice but I think that the reinstall will not give the expected result. Installation of Belle was done by Nokia Suite so I think there was no error.

BR,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikelflogic

I reinstalled the BELLE. Result? The same sh*t. BELLE isn't MS Windows, unfortunately. oh, it's so ironic...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Seems there is some problems with your device or Nokia suite. Nobody here is facing such issues with belle. Better visit Nokia care Near you and get belle reinstalled.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Professor
Mike_Myers_N8

Your list:

- slower operation (ex. switching screens),

- random and spontaneous restarts after sending SMS,

- SMS keyboard (vertical mode) is sucks,

- worst access to emoticons and symbols when writing SMS,

- drop-down list (connection/date/time) is sucks,

I had similar problems after updating an N8 to Belle.  I decided (based on feedback from Nokia Care) that it needed to be brought back to Nokia to have everything installed again as if it was new.  With nothing left to lose, I did a full backup, and then removed any programs that I suspected might be causing problems - especially the SPB data monitor utility. I figure I could always re-install the programs, which I'd have to do anyway if it went back to Nokia.  Anyway, doing this corrected the random restarts, and switching screens became butter-smooth.

The SMS vertical keyboard is what it is - it's nicer than the old Anna screen, but not as nice as the iphone screen.  After a few days of using it, it feels quite natural (to me).  It's a trade-off.  There is no "one size fits all".

Emoticons, drop down lists, and many other things that are missing....   if I only had one N8, and it was running Anna, I'd leave it alone, unless the features you'll be losing don't matter to you.  As it is, I've got two of the critters, and I'm leaving one alone with Anna (in case the problems don't get fixed), and am still using the Belle phone for daily use.  For someone who doesn't use all the high-tech stuff the N8 is capable of, I think Belle will make the N8 seem like a nicer phone.  You've just got to decide what matters most to you - form, or function.

You can skip towards the last page or so of this thread to see the full list of things we are hoping Nokia corrects:

/t5/Software-Updates/List-of-Belle-additions-corrections-needed/td-p/1328167 

Please use plain text.
techconfused

Hi there,
I'm having A LOT of problems after I installed belle my N8. It became horrendously slow, lagging for about 10 seconds after each text sent, around 20 seconds just to open up email, freezing, etc. It's almost become unusable, I don't care about aesthetics, I really just want a *functioning* phone.

I did do a 'soft reset' a while ago but it didn't help at all....should I try the 'hard reset'? Is that in Factory Settings> Delete data and restore?

Thanks for your time!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikelflogic

thanx guys for info, especially timkamat and Mike_Myers_N8. I saw the link, many things are to correct by Nokia. I think the better solution will be new firmware, without these problems
Please use plain text.
Professor
Mike_Myers_N8

[ Edited ]

Suggestion - you can try the same thing I did. I was expecting to have Nokia Care Center re-flash the phone. This obviously means *everything* on the phone would be gone. So, you've got nothing to lose!

Do several backups, on the memory card, on your PC, using Nokia Suite, and also PC Suite. One of those should bring back all your data.

Next, back up your contacts and photos someplace safe, using any method you want. Check out "PhoneCopy" as one place to store a backup.

Now, look at all the programs you've got installed, and start removing them, one by one. Get rid of anything you don't need first. You can do this all at once, or in steps.

Remove the memory card from the N8. All you've got left now is your phone, no cables, no memory cards, nothing.

Turn off bluetooth, and try to make sure everything is at the default settings. No Wi-Fi, no nothing.

Look at the list of installed software, etc. If it's not absolutely necessary, dump it. Change back to a standard "theme", and standard everything-else. Look around until you are satisfied that you're back to a new phone, un-modified. You'll never get all the way there, but maybe you won't have to.

Long before I finished removing software, my N8-Belle got over whatever was ailing it, and started behaving properly once again.  Maybe you too will be lucky enough to remove whatever it is that's messing the phone up.

(I suspect it's not Belle, but rather something else on the phone that doesn't play nice with Belle.)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dungar4

I NEED HELP PLEASE.

hi, 

i updated my Nokia N8-00 last night with Nokia Suite and symbian Belle was successfully installed in it. . 

It worked for few hours and i installed few applications from Nokia Store and was everything fine. . 

But suddenly in the morning my phone switched off and never started again. . I treid to start but only Nokia was appearing on the screen and it was unable to boot further. . right now i gave the phone in Nokia Care, they told it takes around 10-12 days to get the phone back from Company. .

Kindly guide me for the problem as i am completely helpless without my Phone working. . 

Regards,

Please use plain text.