Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Belle re-install problem on E7

ndubuE7
Accepted Solution

Belle re-install problem on E7

I saw an update for microsoft apps on my Nokia suite, hit the button for the update and the problem started. After couple of hours the app installation got to 'FINISH'  but with a warning that software installation failed. I probed it and it reported MTP USB device failed. My phone freezed, cannot off nor restart. I decided to upgade to latest nokia suite, that was successful. But it detected a problem with the phone and adviced I should reinstall phone software. I clicked the text and Nokia Belle started reinstaling, My phone restarted but for the past 2 hours it is unable to complete re-installation of Belle.

I am stucked at backup stage, instruction before me says "Your phone is restarting. Do not touch the phone even if it ask for details, such as language settings or security code. Do not use your phone, switch it off, or disconnect the cable. Otherwise your device may stop working.

Pls I need help ASAP

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Re: Belle re-install problem on E7

Perform a hard reset and then try reinstallation of belle...
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

And a hard reset Will erase data... So make sure you back up before you perform a hard reset. All the best.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
ndubuE7

Thanks for your effort to assist. After waiting for 4 hours without help I took an act of faith to disconnect the phone. Once disconnected from the PC I was able to off the phone. I waited for some minutes and restarted it. So on its own it re-installed and started working fine. I didn't bother again to install the apps that Nokia advertised!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Glad that you got it sorted out... :-) cheers!
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
rayudufeb12

Hi me facing the same prb on my E7 .I did install the nokia suite version 3.4 and connected the phone with a USB cable to the PC.Here is the process how does it goes:

1.Clicked on INSTALL  to update my phone with belle software update .

2.A software updater window opened and the intial stage getting started and the second stage back up even done as well.

3.coming to the third stage (installation) , it asked me not to use the phone during the installation and ignore any notifications about the USB connection .

4.After some time during the installation I got a message on the window saying YOUR CONNECTION TO THE PHONE WAS LOST  and asked me to remove the USB cable from my phone and press the power button for about 10 sec and then re insert the USB cable to my phone and then continue the installation . I did this many times and even waited for hours but no progress or any information whether the installation is going on or not. Got vexed and disconnected my phone from the PC. Any suggestions or solutions for this please.Thanks very much .

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Perform a hard reset and try again...
blitZkid
Please use plain text.