Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C1-01 Update Fails - Restarts and Disconnects ...

c101mangodan

C1-01 Update Fails - Restarts and Disconnects During Update

I'm having trouble updating my C1-01 software.  The current version is V 04.40, and I'm updating using Nokia Suite.

After backing up, it gets to the stage to install the software, telling me to ignore any Windows notifications of the phone disconnecting because it would need to restart multiple times during the installation.  But when the phone disconnects, the installation fails and it has to reconnect, and I must restart the installation.

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Re: C1-01 Update Fails - Restarts and Disconnects During Update

Please use plain text.
c101mangodan

I don't think that's quite my problem since the phone and computer both seem to still work fine. The phone immediately reconnects and the updater remains active, returning immediately to the "usb connection is now active" stage waiting for me to press "next". Only, when I press "next", it tries and fails again, returning to the "usb connection is now active" once again.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Can you try the NSU instead and see if the problem goes ...??

Please use plain text.
c101mangodan

I installed the NSU (after having disabled my firewall), but it won't detect my phone. I've tried connecting my phone through both Ovi Suite and USB Storage modes (as the NSU instructed me to), but it still won't connect.

I also tried updating though Nokia Suite with my firewall disabled. No luck.

I also tried buying a new microUSB cable. No luck...
Please use plain text.