Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: C1 update pls

Counsellor
Wew_ph

C1 update pls

My nokia c1-01 doesnt update

Its version is 03.30 and it doesn't have Menu>Settings>Phone>Device Updates

im from philippines

help pls asap
Mobile Visionary
hpholm

Hi @Wew_ph ,

Please perform the troubleshooting steps as found on

http://www.nokia.com/ph-en/support/product/c1-01/product-troubleshooting/

Also consider installing and use the Nokia Suite to synchronize and backup the phone. Nokia Suite can also search for and install updates if they are available for your phone, or reinstall the current version of the software.

Please let us know how it goes.

Counsellor
Wew_ph

But nokia suite says no updates available so the only option available is to reinstall but it doesnt solve my problem
Counsellor
Wew_ph

Even restoring doesnt help
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

In the Nokia Software Recovery Tool, what is your 7-letter code (Nokia Product Code)? No Windows computer or USB: The same code is printed on your phone. That code determines your firmware variant which determines your current version. We can check together whether you have the correct variant, only with that code.

Counsellor
Wew_ph

059D3P3
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Officially, V 03.30 is the latest version for the Nokia Product Code 059D3P3. However, that code is called ‘ATOSWAP’. I do not know what that means:

• Where did you get that phone?
  • Was it in service already?

I would have expected 0595565 as Nokia Product Code which got V 06.xx. Why do you want to update anyway: If you face any particular issue, we might be able to solve that together without any update.

Counsellor
Wew_ph

My Phone was bought in a mall it is original but i got backlight problem the next day so i sent it on a nokia service center. Then all went good

i want to update my firmware because whenever i apply any theme some icon doesnt change

btw what is atoswap?
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

I do not know what ATOSWAP means. Do you still have the sales box? There, a 7-letter code is printed on the label. Normally, it matches the one of your phone, in your case 0595565. If it does not match, which code is printed on the sales box?

Wew_ph wrote:
i apply any theme some icon doesnt change

Although it looks ugly, it is quite common for Nokia not to change some icons.

Which icons do not change, exactly?

Mobile Visionary
hpholm

Abi99 wrote:

I do not know what ATOSWAP means. Do you still have the sales box? There, a 7-letter code is printed on the label. Normally, it matches the one of your phone, in your case 0595565. If it does not match, which code is printed on the sales box?

Wew_ph wrote:
i apply any theme some icon doesnt change

Although it looks ugly, it is quite common for Nokia not to change some icons.

Which icons do not change, exactly?

Any way Wew_ph is out of official options to update the phone. Which is nice in my twisted way of looking at it, since now there is one less thing to worry about in everyday use of the phone!

I am also unable to find additional information about the ATOSWAP product code.

It seems there is a lot of them when digging around.

The icons not changing with themes is also common on my N8 Symbian phone. Nothing to worry about really, since it does not affect the normal operation of the phone.

--

Hans

Mobile Guru
93tid

Wew_ph needs to go back to Nokia Care and tell them to reinstate the correct product code on the handset based on the IMEI. After the repair they have flashed it with a SWAP firmware, which is used for replacements and is not developed further beyond the point at which it was created.

Counsellor
Wew_ph

Mail music games and photos icon is not changing
Counsellor
Wew_ph

I dont have the box
Mobile Guru
93tid

You don't need the box.

Counsellor
Wew_ph

How can i do it without sending the phone on service center because its warranty already expired
Mobile Guru
93tid

It is irrelevant whether the warranty has expired or not - the service centre messed up your product code and they should restore it for free. If you want to try doing it yourself, we cannot help you here due to forum rules. Try Google.

Counsellor
Wew_ph

Ok thanks