Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C5-00 101.003 update not offered by Nokia suit...

Contributor
eiledon

C5-00 101.003 update not offered by Nokia suite

According to the C5-00 Nokia support page (for my country) a firmware update 101.003 has been available since late August. However, it STILL is not being offered by Nokia Suite (nor the phone's Software Updates) - why?

The current firmware is 071.005, and as the update promises "improved performance" it is sorely needed (I'm hoping it will adress the battery draining issues that the phone has had from the start, it's battery duration has always been less than 1/6 of the promised duration - which is then compounded by accelerated battery deterioration since you have to be constantly recharging).

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: C5-00 101.003 update not offered by Nokia suite

The reason being that availability depends on Product Code / Region..Also, for Network locked devices an approval is needed from the Operator...Hence, even if an update is released by Nokia, it need not be for your particular device.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
eiledon

Well, it's a free device not locked to any operator. Also, what do you mean by Product code/Region? It's a device bought in this country, so I don't see why the national product support page (Finland) would state an update has been released if it's not actually, well, available.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hi there Eiledon,

The product code is located under the battery cover on your device, usually on a Nokia sticker. Even if your device is free, it may be a country variant. Nokia will release generic firmware to network providers or to your country's Nokia, and it is up to your country to approve the firmware and add country requirements / custom applications specific to your country. This is hence a country variant. Therefore that may be the reason the firmware update is not showing up for you. You could always contact your local Nokia Care point for more information, and they may possibly be able to help you further.

to locate your nearest Nokia Care: http://nokia.com/support

Hope this helps.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Sage
hp2009

any news for the product code 0591909 ?
Please use plain text.
Sage
hp2009

has anyone updated to ver. 101...?
Please use plain text.
nitinmathew2007

I am from India, When i saw the product specification of Nokia C5-00 I saw few changes like 5MP Camera (mine is 3.2MP oly), In user manual it has Internet Radio option under Applications->Radio->Internet Radio, whereas in my mobile this option is missing. I came to know as I am searching for an Internet Radio app in my mobile. 

As discussed in above posts I am aware that 'Latest software release for Nokia C5-00 is 101.003'. But 071.005 in only installed & its not getting updated. My network is Vodafone IN, Chennai. Tell me how can i get

1. The latest OS version

2. Internet Radio App

3. Deleted languages

Also pl tel me the advantages of new version.. TanX in advance, Pl do help me :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

They seem to be 2 different models ..

ReferTHIS .. For your device you already have the latest software ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Supremacist

Yes. I have updated my C5-00.2 to software version 101.003 last 27 June 2012. You can do it by going to your phone's Settings>Software Update.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Supremacist

Hi. I have updated my C5-00.2 to software version 101.003 last 27 June 2012. I haven't noticed any changes or improvements or whatnot. :smileyhappy: It was very easy to upgrade: I just went to Settings>Software update on my phone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
annybanks

hey man, i really need to update my version to 101. plz help.......i'm using a nokia pc suite to update but after searching for updates to locate version 101.003, i get a failure message while installing it
Please use plain text.