Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C5-00 firmware update to 071.005

Sage
flomar

C5-00 firmware update to 071.005

Has anyone tried it yet and can give a little bit of practical information about it?

I can absoluteley find no information about it!

Thanks,

flomar

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BadLarry

Re: C5-00 firmware update to 071.005

http://translate.google.pl/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=ht...

Personally, I didn't noticed any problems.... or improvements. Power saver still doesn't work properly, but fm radio doesn't restart the phone as it used to.... for now. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ashwin_Jose

I updated 071.005 through OTA. It looks healthy and stable. Audio levels remains the same. One Chat application is added, where we can use Google, Yahoo and OVI chat accounts. Stll exploring.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
al_haq

I've updated my C5 to 071.005 OTA . . For me there is not much difference b/w New and Previous Version . . . 071.005 is Simply a Update for Chat, Adobe Reader, Email and Nokia Browser. . . Ovi Contacts is no longer available. . . Sound Volume is normal (not low)
In Simple 071.005 improves the overall performance of device. . .
Please use plain text.
Advisor
someone755

my nokia OVI suite will not see that my 031.xxxxxx update is old, compared to the 071.xxxx update, and it (and the Nokia software updater) claim that the 031.xxxxxx is the newest available!

HELP?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
divyansh3901

it has increased phone's performance and phone dont hang and dont turn off while using heavy apps. So this update is brilliant. Other features are new adobe and email , chat app, and you can now add facebook pics to your phone contact by match profile option. So 071.005 is cool package
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hmlt

http://www.nokia.co.uk/support/product-support/device-software-update?c5-00=

* Please note that the latest software version may not be available for your device, and the benefits listed may not be available to you, or be available in selected countries.

Latest software release for Nokia C5-00 is 071.005

Nokia C5-00

The following new features and updating options are available for your Nokia C5-00.

• New, faster version of the web browser, including web search integrated into the web address field, and support for multiple windows
  • Here and Now application, which provides you with timely information on your current location, including the weather forecast and details of local movies, restaurants, and events
  • New emoticons and smileys in text and multimedia messages
  • New versions of Maps, Ovi Store and Adobe Reader
  • General performance and usability improvements
  • Ovi Contacts removed

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jonvers

i tried to update my c5 with code no. 0593573, but it says no available update. why is it?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hmlt

does downloading on the phone itself via device manager work?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
harithik1

[ Edited ]

My c5-00 was on vodaphone but unlocked now. current version is 062.001. OVI suite updates only the applications like gig finder but doesnt say that there is a new sw version available for my phone's firmware. Is there a way to update my phone firmware to 071.005??

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sureka

sir i am using c5-00 since one year now the update 71.005. i update the version but my phone went switch off ,since 21/7/2011 imy phone is with nokiacare centre Erode. but till today i didnot get proper answer , only they are telling your warranty period is over and you have to pay Rs3219/= for reparing.  I dont know what mistake i done , as per message i update up phone is wrong. i also call to your helpline office 08030303838 they also check and given complaint no and also i had return to your mailling address. they also provide complaint no but no result came. so what is your further advice to me. pradip sureka

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
naveen17

I Have updated my C5 phone to latest software and my phone didnt start after doing update.Could you please tell what might be the problem and could you please advice what needs to be done in solving this problem

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
naveen17

Could you please update on the above problem ,I m also facing the same problem from 02/10/2011

Please use plain text.
Advisor
phoenixzurc

i advice not to try to update nokia c5-00 thru pc via nokia software updater...  "ITS NOT SAFE AT ALL" .... you rather go to nokia care center and they do the updating for you... BECAUSE ITS NOT SAFE TO UPDATE VIA OVI SOFTWARE UPDATER...

Please use plain text.
firoz554

So when is it gonna be available in Pakistan?
Please use plain text.
doktorKrosa

Why has the contact quick search been removed? e.g. to call my friend Jane i could press 526 in the standard view and immediately get a list of all contacts starting with 'jan'.

This was, by far, my favorite feature on the C5-00 :smileysad: 

Please use plain text.
doktorKrosa

Problem solved by restarting the phone! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
forgi007

Hi, I have also lost quick contact search from main screen after the update, but it did not solved after restart in my case... How was it in your case? Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Waqas277

bro.. i have a problem which is about language that after updating my phone nokia c5-00 it lost the urdu and arabic language.. what is its solution... please tell me

Thanks
Shahid
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gasmen123

Thanks
Please use plain text.