Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C5-03 New software update problems

BAJACR
Accepted Solution

C5-03 New software update problems

Hello,

When I go to the support page for my Nokia C5-03, it states that there is a new firmware version 20.1.024.

So I downloaded Nokia Ovi Suite to install this new firmware, but when I got to the tab the application starts looking for update and it says that there is no new update and that I'm usuing the latest, version 11.1.024.

Is there a problem with Nokia Ovi Suite?

I read the Software Update FAQ thread, but I'm not sure if it is ok to try to update my phone with a european version. So that´s is why I'm looking for advices to my issue.

Thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Availability of update depends on Region / Product Code. also if the phone is Network locked, then the update is possible only after an approval from the Operator.. Seems NO update has been released yet for your device.. Wait and keep on checking..

Please use plain text.
BAJACR

Well Farby, thank you very much for your answer.

In my country we only have one operator and is the goverment so we use unlocked cell phones.

I bought the cell phone in USA, so it will be ok if I update it from the USA Nokia site.

But I don't understand why is redirected to the european site if you tell me that depends on the region?

That's what have me thinking if it is ok to updated from the european site or not? Because any update for my cell phone in the USA site should work, but it makes me uneasy that is redirected to Europe 

Please use plain text.
BAJACR

PLEASE, any inputs from a Nokia Employee...
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi!

If Nokia Ovi Suite doesn't find an update for your phone yet, then it means that it's not available for your product code. We release updates in waves and the some variants need to be tested and approved by operators first.

Check your phone's software update app, and go to "Options" there: You'll find a software update auto-checker, if you switch that to "on" it will tell you as soon as the update is available for you.

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yeyo

Hi,

According to Nokia Ovi Suite the installed software of my C5-03 is V 20.1.024 but shows and important and required update available to version V 21.1.003. I go through the update process but when phone starts no update took place and Ovi keeps telling me about new software version V 21.1.003. I have done the upgrade process twice and is the same. Either the phone is not upgrading or Ovi is showing me a wrong update. On the phone's web site says that the latest version is V 20.1.024

Does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rayvin

Latest software release for Nokia C5-03 is  21.0.003

Freshly installed on my Nokia C5-03 device as of this writing, using OVI suite.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Prynde

How come my phone says i have an update 21.0.003 but nokia ovi suite says i don't have?
Please use plain text.
Kuntal1192

Go to Nokia Care they will give u the latest software.
Please use plain text.

Attention of FW 21.0.003

the last Firmware at a German C5-03 with FW 21.0.003 have one ugly Bug,

if U show a Video at the phone and after the end you push the option "back" (zurück)

the Phone perform a restart.

Can everyone check with another FW as German-FW have the same Bug ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
finesseben

It's not a bug, go to phone setting, under sensor setting, open turning control and check auto-rotate display. After this, switch off the phone and back on in few minutes time and you are good to. go.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tomkats14

after installing the latest version.. I cannot edit pictures. it automatically closes.. any idea how to resolve this bug?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jayantsingh7

i am having a problem with my nokia C5-03
when ever i play vedio through "real player" and press back button my mobile reboots.....

is there any problem with nokia firmware..???
plzz help
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Hearthacker

When i select option software update on C5 03 it is showing latest update which is 23.0.015. My curent firmware is 22.0.003.
New update will have which extra features ? What improvement would be there ?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Hearthacker

same problem was with me also of reboting while playing video songs. Then i update new version of firmware then it was solved.
Please use plain text.
Aashucr7

My c5-03 is running a fw 22.0.007 is there any others fw updates available... I'm frm india by the way.....
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Pfrancoise

Hi Aashucr7,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Nokia forum.

You will find the last software upate for your C5-03 in this link.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Pfrancoise

If this post has helped you to solve this issue, please press the "accept as solution" icon. Kudos would always be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gilbertcarpena

my phone update v 23.0.015
Please use plain text.