Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C5-03 software update V21.0.003 is available

Counsellor
finesseben

C5-03 software update V21.0.003 is available

I've been trying to download the latest software version of my C5-03 but it has been showing me error each time I tried to download it. I set the default server profile to Nokia but its not downloading. Can any one help?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Re: C5-03 software update V21.0.003 is available

did you try the software update process in your phone?
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
finesseben

Yes, I usually use my phone to update because ovi suit gives 154mb update size and its too large for my liking. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

If the update via SW update is not working, then try this use *#0000# then in that there will be an option for software update. Try to update. Check and reply. Because once I updated the firmware of C5-03 by This process only.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
finesseben

I've done that on several occasions but the response is, error occured. Is there any other server profile for sw update apart from Nokia's?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
harishmanoharan

[ Edited ]

Plzzzz dont update c5-03 to v21.0.003 guys!!! because the only thing that has come new is the browser and there is a bug too that is when you go to the real player and play some video and then press the back button the phone restarts!!! and while changing orientation of the java games to landscape mode too the same problem arises! so plz dont update!!!!

C5-03 is a  bad  phone!!!! hope i had purchased galaxy fit which is 100 times better than this phone.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
anku1112005

nokia should give update of symbian^3 to nokia c5-03 users.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Hello Anku, you can't get all the updates of Symbian^3 devices on C5-03 because of its hardware limitations like RAM, processor etc. But you should be happy that you are getting some kind of updates like update to browser, internet radio etc.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Advisor
anku1112005

ajaydavidson ya i 2 understand the limitations, bt nokia in every update jst updating there browser, there r many more applications like music player and all which got v.old so tey mst update music player n other applications than browser.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
anku1112005

there is nt a single application which is new in nokia c5-03
Instead of jst updating there browser mst introduce some new applications.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Ya that's true the music player is not that good you could try some third party softwares. And one more thing now you are saying that the update you receive is not enough but till 2016 only Nokia is gonna support Symbian and after that there will be no updates or anything else. Nokia will then look after their windows7 phone. Just think.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Advisor
anku1112005

ajaydavidson then wat abt the old symbian customers after 2016????
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

That's a big question mark anku. Check this for details. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbian
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Advisor
anku1112005

i thnk nokia dnt wana b in competition bcos price of nokia c5-03 is nearly 8,500/- n in same price samsung is providing android 2.2
So mre ppl r attracted to new software and applications.
Why nokia dnt thnk abt ths???
Please use plain text.
nischita

my phone was working fine before updating to v21.0.003... now its restarting time and again when i press back button in the real player while watching videos... this happens only when the automatic display turning is in OFF position where as no problems if in ON position..HOW TO SWITCH BACK TO V20.1.024..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
finesseben

Which automatic display are you talking about, because the video playback display of that phone(C5-03) is default-set to play in landscape mode.
Please use plain text.
nischita

iam talking about: sensor settings-turning control-auto rotate display.... if that is unmarked the problem occurs.... anyway now the phone is restarting irrespective of all this..

Please use plain text.
manojmaurya

Problem with Nokia C5-03 Mobile

My Name is Manoj Kumar Maurya and I have Nokia C5-03 Mobile.Now I have some problem with my phone, the problem is that when I  go to the real player and play any video song and then press back button then my  mobile is  restarting  every time. The current version of software of my mobile is V21.0.003, but on the previous software version V 20.0.024 my mobile was successfully working, so the problem is only with the new software version V21.0.003. Sir I was trying to the number of times on the internet for find some solution but on the internet I seeing that there is the same problem with some other peoples which have the  Nokia C5-03 mobile, so I think that the problem is in only Nokia software version V21.0.003.

so how i can solve my problm or back on the previous software version V 20.0.024

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
finesseben

Check to see if that your video is in phone memory, if yes, move all your videos,games, apps and memory-intensive contents to memory card. I have the same software version as you and in the same C5-03 but I have never for once experienced what you just reported. Also, make sure your auto-rotate display is checked in phone settings.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
finesseben

Are you sure you did not ladden your phone's C memory with memory-intensive contents like videos,games,apps etc. If the answer is yes, then move them to your memory card so that your phone could have enough space. Also, empty your phone's cache,cookies and history and even unnecessary bookmarks. Reply.
Please use plain text.