Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C6 -00 firmware update

Counsellor
jeoleo7
Accepted Solution

C6 -00 firmware update

today i read in nokia site that V42.02.xx is already in US ..but im just using v42.0.xx ; so when will it be available for Asia? Im from Nepal.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

The dates for update release are not annonced by Nokia unless for very special cases.. You need to keep on checking at regular intervals ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shahid_shaikh_

I bought my nokia c6 from India and now I am in Philippines.,

Even I am having the same problem, I can see that on site that he firmware is updated but I am trying since 2-3 months I am not getting any update in my nokia c6-00, I am still running on 41.0.010.c01.01 .... How to update? It... please guide .....

Shahid
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jeoleo7

they the Nokia's do not provide the update all over at a time so all you need to do is just wait like me! :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Superb4

i had visited nokia care centre last week n they said that it may be launched in next week......

still waiting...

having lots of probs wid ma cell.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rppram

When will the update be given in India for C6-00 ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
scorpupdate

I am using Nokia C6 and my software version is 41.xx.xx and I am having lots of problem on my phone, I have heard that the firmware version 42.xx.xx is available but not getting in India.

Regarding the firmware, Samsung is much more advanced than Nokia. They always release the updated software to all over the world together but Nokia doesn't release the latest software all over the world together. I think Nokia should take care of this issue otherwise they will loose the competition in Mobile Phone's market

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nooralamneroob

i have 1 nokia C6-00 mobile. It's working slowly & battery backup also very less. So i want update firmware. When 2013 update will be comeing?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Its highly improbable that this device will get further updates. Anyways Symbian is in 'Maintenance Mode' which means there won't be any Major updates, but only Bug fixes for the newer devices..

If your device is running slow, you may Back-up all important data thru' Nokia Suite and Reset the device by dialing *#7370# followed by 12345 (Default code unless changed by you) when prompted. This will erase all data from the Phone memory bringing the phone to Out-of-Box state. after the reset Restore data again thru' Nokia Suite and re-install those applications that you really really need.

Also, is the battery  back-up gone low recently ? If so and if the battery is older than 2 years, you may consider getting a new one. Also have a look here

Please use plain text.
Leonsms

Website nokia.nl shows firmware 42.0.004 as latest, my phone hase 41.0.010 checking for updates (also via ovi-suite) shows no update available. How can I get latest firmware.

OR

Can I change firmware to Windows Phone?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

[ Edited ]

Hi Leonsms,

Thank you for posting on our forum! :Cool:

Nokia aims to have software updates available for every single phone and we share information about the latest software for different models on your local Nokia website. To find out if an update is available for you, just

• connect your phone to Nokia Suite and select Tools > Software updates
    or
  • open the Software Update application on your phone. For most devices, you will find this application under Menu > Settings > Phone > Phone updates or Menu >Applications > (Tools >) SW Update. If you don't find the software update application from these locations, check the correct location from the user guide.

Update availability is influenced by many factors including existing Nokia device firmware version, country, and operator. It may be due to one of these variables, that there currently is no new firmware update available for your phone. 

New firmware may become available later, so it's best to setup your device in a way that it automatically informs you when a new software version is available. You can do this in the following way:

1. Start the software update application on your phone. (Again, for most devices, you will find this application under Menu Settings > Phone > Phone updates or Menu Applications > (Tools >) SW Update. If you don't find the software update application from these menu locations, check the correct location from the user guide.)
  2. Select Options > Settings > Auto-Check for updates. With  that in place, your phone will automatically check in specified intervals if there's a new software available and prompt you to start the update.

You can't change the firmware of your Nokia C6-00 to Windows Phone.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mohdsufi25

can i change firmware C6-00 to belly?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

mohdsufi25 wrote:
can i change firmware C6-00 to belly?