Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C7 - After the update to Belle, my phone asks ...

Advisor
nokh

C7 - After the update to Belle, my phone asks me to enter a security code - visit your local NCp

The refreshed Nokia Belle upgrade FAQ says:

After the update to Nokia Belle, my phone asks me to enter a [new] security code. I do this and get an error message stating "code error". What should I do?

There are two different scenarios and please closely check which one applies to you.

• The error message reads: "Security code has not been set. Please set security code." In this case your phone is asking you to enter a brand new code. So, don’t use your old security code but create a new one.
  • The error message reads: "Code error" and you try to unlock it with your old correct security code but still the same error message comes up or states "Phone will unblock in 5 minutes". In this case, despite the error messages you can still use your phone. Please try to enter your existing security code a few times until the phone stops asking for it. If all that doesn't help, please visit your local Nokia Carepoint (locations are visible via www.nokia.com/support).

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-faq

I've done it for at least 100 times (perhaps even close to 200 already). The phone DID NOT stop asking for it. It's very annoying and disturbing. I wonder what will happen if a different SIM-card is inserted in the phone? Thus...

The questions are the following:

•  is Nokia working on a fix right now and will it distribute such fixing patch soon?
  •  what will happen if a different SIM-card is inserted in the phone? will the phone really lock itself?
  •  will this visit to the Nokia Carepoint be free for those owners of handsets whose phone has just run out of the warranty period?
Nokia 2110 (bought the very original "brick" version back in 1995 :smileyhappy:), 6110 (1997), 6210, 6310, 6310i, 6230, 6233, 5800, C7, HF-3, CK-20W, CK-300 (all bought new) - looks like a loyal Nokia customer, doesn't it? :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Re: C7 - After the update to Belle, my phone asks me to enter a security code - visit your local NCp

I guess Nokia is working on a patch or an update. Atleast that's what I understand from the unveiling of Nokia 808 pureview at mobile world congress with belle feature pack 1. For your second question, it may result in a locked phone or even otherwise as the behaviour of phones has been very erratic after the belle update. So am not really sure of what Will happen after a SIM change. As for your third question, there'll be a nominal fee charged for services rendered if your phone has run out of warranty.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nokh

Re: C7 - After the update to Belle, my phone asks me to enter a security code - visit your local NCp

Thank you, blitZkid!

I would also welcome a Nokia employee's feedback :smileyhappy:

Nokia 2110 (bought the very original "brick" version back in 1995 :smileyhappy:), 6110 (1997), 6210, 6310, 6310i, 6230, 6233, 5800, C7, HF-3, CK-20W, CK-300 (all bought new) - looks like a loyal Nokia customer, doesn't it? :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

You're welcome... Cheers!
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

welcome to the club, 

follow us in this thread ,  

/t5/Software-Updates/E7-00-security-code-after-Belle-update/td-p/1295369

Haikal
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nokh

Some people, who examined the Nokia Belle firmware thoroughly, have the opinion that the record/entry in which it is supposed to keep the security code is TOTALLY MISSING, and this very fact leads to the symptoms and it also explains why does it give "CODE ERROR" for ANY, otherwise CORRECT code and lets you use the phone further.

THIS IS CLEARLY A PROGRAMMING FAILURE OF NOKIA!

And here comes our repeated question: when does Nokia react responsibly and acknowledge this as a serious problem, when does Nokia commit to a date to fix it (either with a patch or with an upgraded version of Belle) and more importantly: why does Nokia think that we should pay (in case the phone ran out of warranty) to Nokia Care Points for fixing an error occuring as a consequence of their negligent behaviour?!

I've tried and I cannot revert back to Anna, this is why I am extremely disappointed: I cannot eliminate this error without turning to hackers - a step which is not suggested by Nokia, I guess. Or is it? If Nokia does not provide the solution, we will be forced to do that, inevitably.

Please use plain text.