Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Camerea error after Symbian ANNA Update

Contributor
bd71

dear blitzkid i have c7 00. facing the same problem with front camera after anna updates. my main camera is working fine. i donot have wellness dairy or any other beta apps installed. tried everything and finally formatted my mem card then formatted my mass memory then did a hard reset via *#7370# . i am back to square one with my front camera not working. it was working perfectly well before anna updates.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Sounds like you've exhausted all possible solutions but one... A trip to Nokia Care Point... Right now I think that's the only thing left to do. If I come up with something else, will post it here for sure.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bd71

thanks blitzkid, i still have few months of warranty left so i would wait for a sw solution rather than nokia care screwing my handset. waiting for a solution soon. wake up nokia.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

When you put it that way, you're right... For the benefit of all who're having the problem, lets hope a solution surfaces soon.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bd71

got my phone checked at ncc

they found that front camera has come out of its pcb and it will not be covered under warranty

i contacted other ncc also on phone and got the same reply

can u guide me as to why it is not covered under warranty when my phone has no physical damage no liquid entry and no unauthorized opening which they also confirm. a part which is about 2mm thick and joined to pcb with about 16 solderings, needs a heavy blow to the phone to dislodge it, or maybe phone should show some mishandling damages.it is clearly a manufacturing defect.

i believe nokia need to amend its policies or is it care center minting money and fooling its coustomers.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chillu

Re: Camera error after Symbian ANNA Update

I did "restore factory setting" and *7380#. but front camera still not working, and i don't know any option to go back to symbian^3, because always i formatted the phone, it back to anna without update, what to do now?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

You cannot go back to symbian 3 again. You'll have to work with Anna now. This problem of camera error is still an unsolved issue.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Xreyes911

bro ! i do not know how to remove the threat . i do not have nokia wellness diaries or beta apps ... the firmware says that symbian anna is on my device .... what do i do
Please use plain text.
Xreyes911

how do i check for beta apps ?
Please use plain text.
Xreyes911

i am also having the camera error ! kindly tell the full procedure . so i could fix it . i do not have nokia wellness diaries on my device !!! PLZ HELP :smileysad:

THE ERROR DOESNT GO

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shasun1982

need your help about on this issue in earlier.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Read somewhere that the camera error may be due to a detached camera hardware within the phone. Better take your phone to Nokia care and get it inspected.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
awesome99

I was almost thinking i'm the only 1 with this problem....recently updated my nokia c6-01 to Belle Refresh,since then i've not been able to use the front camera though the back camera still works fine
Please use plain text.
awesome99

Also....my phone No longer enters 3G mode,the network bar turns empty when switched to 3G mode
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
icer

I got same problem with my c6-01. I dont have DW installed i tried everything like removing sim, reformat memory card ,  reset factory and even software update doesnt seem to work. Its one year warranty has already been expired i dont know what to do next. pls help :smileysad:

Please use plain text.