Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Can I undo an update?

Counsellor

Can I undo an update?

I currently have Anna on my N8, if I update to Belle, can I restore back to Anna if I decide to?

Nokia N8 on Belle
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BellX_1

[ Edited ]

No thats not possible! Before upgrading to Belle research it well - does Belle offer all you need? Belle misses some things Anna has. Be informed and when in doubt dont upgrade!

Posted from an N900 by someone who is very sorry for upgrading to Belle.

Moderator's note: Post edited because it contained information about unofficial ways to update/dowgrade the device software. Doing so might void the warranty of the device, and possibly damage it. Therefore it is not allowed to discuss about unofficial update/downgrade methods on Nokia Discussions forum.

Current N900 and former E6 user regretting Belle upgrade
--
Devices owned: 2110, 2110i, Cellular Data Card, 8110, 7110, 6210, 6310i, 6100, 9500, 6233, 5140i, 3109c, N900, E6-00
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Lullabub

:smileymad:I'm really gutted, I just updraded without reading up on it and i hate it!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
frankenteen

The update ruined my phone its deleted everything, my contacts, my photos, music everything! im really disapointed and i regret ever bying this phone because ive had nothing but problems from the start!   I highly doubt that i will ever by a nokia again.. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Didn't you Back-up data before updating as it prompts you to when you start the process ? If you do not remember correctly, it must have taken a back-up.. so connect the phone to PC.. Open Nokia Suite-->Tools-->Restore... and you should get these back ...

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Lullabub wrote:

:smileymad:I'm really gutted, I just updraded without reading up on it and i hate it!!

when i first installed it, my first thought was "where is everything", "how do I do this or that". but after only a couple of days playing with it, I so much prefer it to anna. For me its faster on my E7 than anna was, it more convenient in the way you do things, like switching to silent (just a swype down from the top and press on silent). restarting music player after it has been paused is the same. A little getting used to the widget and working out which ones are better for certain situations, but all is well. I runs very well for me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hanoverian

OH DEAR - I really wish I had read this thread before I updated. In future I will NEVER update a phone from the one I like when I bought it.

Please use plain text.