Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Can i update the software of Nokia X2-01 to symbia...

Contributor
aneeshedavalath
Accepted Solution

Can i update the software of Nokia X2-01 to symbian belle?is it possible in future?

Can i update the software of Nokia X2-01 to symbian belle?is it possible in future?i love the icons of symbian belle os...plz help me
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ElroyJ

Re: Can i update the software of Nokia X2-01 to symbian belle?is it possible in future?

I would also like to get the new icons in the next FW Update but S40 phones can't run symbian OS, there is a difference in hardware.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Can i update the software of Nokia X2-01 to symbian belle?is it possible in future?

Absolutely IMPOSSIBLE.. Today or in Future..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

There's no way you can get symbian belle in your S40 phone. All you can do is search for some themes for your mobile that'll bring those icons to your mobile.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Gyan__Prakash

Is there any new update for x2-01 after versn 8.63 RM709...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Re: Can I update the software of Nokia X2-01 to symbian belle?is it possible in future?

An update is mentioned in this link. You can connect the device to Nokia Suite to check if its available for your device.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Re: Can I update the software of Nokia X2-01 to symbian belle?is it possible in future?

ng85 wrote:

An update is mentioned in this link. You can connect the device to Nokia Suite to check if its available for your device.

This thread is not about further Series 40 firmware updates to the phone, but about the original poster's wish to change the whole operating system from Series 40 to Symbian, which is not possible (as Nokia has not created any such thing; a version of Symbian for the X2-01 hardware).

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

@petrib I was replying to the post made by Gyan_Prakash. Did not think it could be understood that way.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Contributor
aneeshedavalath

Do my nokia x2-01 get an update to series 40 OS like nokia X2-02, nokia asha qwerty phone series???
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

X2-01 is a s40 phone. Every phone a firmware specific for it which is updated time to time. The update release times are not predefined. Only way to check if an update is available- Connect the phone to PC in Nokia Suite mode & click on green arrow pointing downwards.
Please use plain text.