Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Cannot use home Wifi on ovistore after Belle updat...

Contributor
HiteshHBN

Cannot use home Wifi on ovistore after Belle update to n8

Hi. I was able to put my phone in ofline mode in the past and connect to my wireless lan at home to use ovistore. This ensures that I use my home internet and not my prapaid airtime. Now I hav updated to belle on my N8. I tried putting the mobile data button off and the wifi on in the tray. Also I have connected to my home network with the password. Still it says that no connections are available when I go to ovistore. So I cant get any new apps :crying: Can someone tell me what to do to save my airtime and still use the net?

Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

Re: Cannot use home Wifi on ovistore after Belle update to n8

[ Edited ]

Hi,

are you able to browse on native browser? if no,try this: pull down notifications bar,press wi-fi,press options(3 horizontal lines on right bottom of the screen),press settings,now apeers energy saving:check if it's activated. if so,deactivated.this should work.

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Contributor
HiteshHBN

[ Edited ]

Thanks but It dosen't work. I'm not able to use the phone's browser and I'm not in energy saving mode. When I try to use the phone's browser, it tells me that there is an error because the phone's mobile data is off( even when using other wireless lan networks). The whole idea was to save my airtime and use wireless lan. It seems like this Belle update has caused more trouble than good for me.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
g60girl

I'm having the exact same problem with a Nokia C7 and Nokia 500!
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

Try to delete all the internet acess points,check for them again.if does not work,you may try to do a factory settings restore to see if works then.
Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Contributor
g60girl

After lots of changing settings I think i've solved this one - copied my wi-fi destinations into the WAP folder and i've been able to access the store from both phones!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mario48

works well for my C7 too, although using WAP protocol for wifi seems strange.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
HiteshHBN

g60girl Can you please give me a step by step tutorial on how to carry out your solution. I feel like I'll mess it up more if I try to do it on my own now. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
g60girl

Go to settings>connectivity>settings>network destinations>

Go into "internet" 

touch and hold down on the Wifi access point you want to use

Click on copy to other dest

then select WAP services

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

On another note - if anyone's homescreen widgets are freezing since a Belle upgrade the problem seems to be Nokia Social app - delete it and it shouldn't happen again! Why can't Nokia actually figure these things out??

Please use plain text.