Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Connection problems after update to belle on N...

Contributor
cbod991

Re: Connection problems after update to belle on N8

The router has nothing to do with the 3G connection. This is a Nokia issue regarding Belle. The loss of internet on my phone has cost me time and money and my business is suffering. Nokia, this does not look good for you

Please use plain text.
vic_7602

I have same problem after update to Belle, but  Internet. 3G connection it working. I set the router the correct settings, and show  me  ""connected"" ... but..nothing..not loading  no web page and  for MapLoader show me ""Could not connect to the server. Please try again later..""

I hope this will be solved quickly because a phone without Internet is no smart phone!

Please use plain text.
LNano

You bunch of useless MFs I´m so tired of loosing all my information in every move you make! For once in your miserable lifes do something that works
Please use plain text.
LNano

The problem is in the "shredded" version distributed for each company/country. I tried a full firmware version valid for all latin america instead of the downladed by ovi and the Wifi feature magically appeared, of course after loosing all my information and wasting my work time learning to hack the phone because nobody answered me. I hope this junk stops sucking the batery in 6 hours now.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jberntsen

I have tried several WiFi networks that worked before Belle, with no luck. If resetting the router was a solution, would you propose to reset all routers everywhere?

All other users have their connections, just not ME...

No solution at all. Try again :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
symbianrko

i have same problem after belle update on my N8 I can't connect to the internet, neither through wi-fi or through mobile data, Connection failed. Access denied...
Please Help
Please use plain text.
DarkDemon

Hey Guys,

Same problem over here !!

After upgrade to Belle all connections on the phone died, just like with many others around the world, if you look at the support forum in the U.S. or Australia, ...

Maybe Nokia wanted to learn us a lesson :

" How to go from a smartphone to a **bleep**phone , by just upgrading original software !!" hehe

I also called the help desk in my countrie, their best solution was to bring the phone back in to a service point, and wait again probably 4 to 6 weeks to get it back????

Since I bought a N8, the phone lived more at the service point than at my place.

My best solution : Flash the phone back to Anna ( Google is your friend ) and sell this nice piece of rubbish to another dumb *ss.

You know what they say about donkeys, they never hit their heads twice at the same rock !!

@Yvonne : Don't bother spending ours and ours breaking your head finding a solution to this problem, it resolves itself if you wait long enough, as Symbian is slowly dieing , everybody has got to change to another OS but I really doubt about it that it is going to be one, that is running on another Nokia.

As my business is still losing money by not having connection, I'm going to stop whining over here, and immediatly in search for a better phone.

So long and farewell !!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
2010pk

I am adding to the group that I have restaretd the router.

I also changed the encyprtion to wep wasp wap2

I also removed the encyprtion and made my wireless free

I also tryied with 3 different routers in different locations.

I made all these free.

I restared all of them

stil nothing 

that is on the wifi front.

as far as the 3g front.

I called thrid time my carried (wind hellas) they send the SMS a third time. And the sms with the settings did not Reach me at all (3rd time it did not reach me).

so they sent me the settings in an email , to set up a 3g connection manually.

I did that too. still it did not work.

In all these attemps I have been also turning on and off my phone (tried with soft turn off , and also with hard turn off (the 7sec button hold)

No good.

So still in the Connectivity darkness here.

if I can provide more info please let me know.

Please please please send a solution.

P.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nutrinoxyz

yesterday, after i updated my phone to belle everything was OK, except email setup, but right now when i try to connect to my wifi network i get this error:
"connection failed, connection unavailable"
this happens when i am typing this post with my laptop over that wifi network!

i am really confused, i tried everything, turned off the router, restarted the phone, deleted my access point and added it again, but i am still suffering from this problem.

Nokia have to fix this bug soon or it will lose all it's customers.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gtpf

After the Belle update (N8) no more internet. I can't get a connection at home or at work.

I've installed Belle again, no result.

I've texted my provider for the internet settings (three times), but no reply came in.

After putting my simcard in my old 6500 I was able to internet and I while I was on the internet I received the textmessages with the internetsettings from my provider.

What's wrong?

Please use plain text.
dege

Like @Gaszto wrote:
if You want internet connection back You must go to:
settings>phone>phone management>factory settings>delete data and restore.
After this wifi and 3g works fine.
dont forget to backup Your contacts/sms , and copy all your data from mass memory [ during the process it will be erased ]. You can also make backup with appz and phone presets but im not sure if it will work [ problem is somewhere with phone setup... ] after restore
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pablopoo

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jberntsen

[ Edited ]

@dege: tried that - twice, but to no avail.
better luck next time.

I am contemplating whether or not to return to Anna. Buggy or not - the phone worked in all aspects...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jberntsen

Pablo the man! Follow his link - it worked for me.

Jan
Please use plain text.
dknight001

Connection problems after update to belle on N8

I've updated my OS from Anna to Belle last Thursday (2/9/2012) afternoon.  After the update was done, & the phone reboots, the My Nokia prompts 3 button choices, 1. I already have an account  2. Create a new account  3.  Later.    I've choose the first choice, since I already have an account, and before, when it was Symbian Anna's roll out, it works,   But now, after I updated to Belle, a lot of problem occurred, mainly internet connection is the problem "WIFI CONNECTION DOESN'T WORK EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE CONNECTED"  "3G SOMETIMES DOES WORK, SOMETIMES NOT" & ETC.....   I was wondering if why did Nokia software developers & testers not seen this kind of problem, or they did but they just still rolled out the full of "BUG" O.S., Symbian Belle.    How long Nokia will resolve this problem???   

Please use plain text.
dknight001

Connection problems after update to belle on N8

Every OVI applications doesn't connect even with 3G connection & also with WIFI connection.  Symbian BELLEsure is HELL...    "I shouldn't have upgraded from Anna to Belle.   But 1 think that i have noticed, Belle is much faster than Anna."

Please use plain text.
Advisor
2010pk

To ALL

pablo poo solved it from me with the post below.

thank you so much PABLOPOO

"spb wireless monitor" app was my problem.

I followed the link below, followed the instructions and PROBLEM SOLVED

Author:pablopoo (Advisor)
Date:10-Feb-2012 05:25 PM

try this: /t5/Software-Updates/Possible-solution-for-quot-Connection-failed-Access-denied-quot/td-p/1306543

Please use plain text.
Contributor
udencomel

i have a similar problem, my N8 can connect to my house wifi, but when open the web, it shows that it cannot connect to the server. i restarted the router many times but no difference.

but when i go to a restaurant and try to connect to the wifi, it WORKS!!... i can surf the internet..

BUT.. am i have to go to restaurant just to use the internet when i cant connect to my home wifi? ridiculous! Please help nokia.. without internet it is useless and cannot be called smartphone anymore. better use my old nokia 3310 back..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cbod991

Go to this feed. It will fix your problem. My N8 s working great and I can access both 3G connection and WiFi!!!!!

try this: /t5/Software-Updates/Possible-solution-for-quot-Connection-failed-Access-denied-quot/td-p/1306543

Please use plain text.
Contributor
udencomel

unfortunately i cant find the folders listed at my phone private folder.. *sigh*..

Please use plain text.