Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Conversations after update to Belle (C7)

Contributor
wanyenk

Conversations after update to Belle (C7)

Hi,

I have a problem with the Conversations mode of my txt messages: updated to Belle yesterday (I have a C7-00) and made a proper back-up through Nokia Suite (after updating Nokia Suite to the proper version). Updated to Belle, recovered my back-up and ever since, my conversations are messed up... First all my send txt messages are coming up, then all the messages that I have received, instead of the proper order on date/time resembling a conversation... Bit weird.

so, if someone can help me along to restore this, I would really appreciate it!

Kind regards,

wanyen

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

I can remember reading that messages can sometimes become corrupted when they are backed up and then restored. The solution, unfortunately, is to delete all your messages. Hope that helps.
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

we are looking into this at the moment.

Can you describe the problem in a bit more detail? Ie. what does the conversations view look like (do you have one thread per person, or is it looking any different)?

Did you check if you can switch to another view?

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PauloBecker

[ Edited ]

Hi, I'm having this same problem.

I tried restoring my messages to my phone, but after I do it, the conversations orders are messed up. I see all the messages with a person in the same thread, but all the messages I sent appear near the bottom of the conversation, then I have to scroll all the way up to see the messages that were sent to me. They no longer show up as a conversation, with the messages interspersed in the correct order :smileysad:

EDIT: I'm not on a C7 though, it's an N8 with the Belle update.

Please use plain text.
nishu_0891

i just updated my E7 and the conversations are messed up
for eg: if its a convo with john
i get two john in my messaging...one which contains only sent messages to john and the other which contains only received messages

its very irritating pls get bak the old conversations
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anushka_udeshan

can,,you tell me about your nokia belle "default theme"(not active theme) nokia c7
please help me dear....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vegeta340

I have the same problem on my n8(belle), what more. When i reply from conversations, some old smses are putting to new one and receiver is changed!!! it's like a virus. :/

Please use plain text.
arunah48

Has this been resolved yet, it is dangerous when sending sensitive text messages
Please use plain text.
domama

I'm having exactly the same problem.  Updated my C7 to Belle using Nokia Suite today.  I don't get a conversations view at all and have no option to do so (unlike before, there is no "conversations" folder).  All the "threads" are mixed up, ie. not in chronological order (no idea what order they are arranged, as the latest messages are mixed up with very old "conversations" from a year ago (I noticed that the list somewhat prioritizes MMS messages, no matter when the last message was received); each "thread" is broken down into several parts, like I can view a string of messages from one contact, but not my replies, then if I click another "thread" it could be all my replies sent to that person.  Also, my phone display says I have 1 unread message, but cannot seem to find nor open that message.  I've restarted the phone and tried reinstalling, but the new message icon is still there. 

Has this issue been resolved yet?  If not, is there a way to uninstall Belle/Nokia Suite and revert to the old interface?

Please use plain text.
domama

*In my third sentence, I meant, I have no option to change the view as there is no "conversations" folder - which was available previously
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alnottsUK

I appear to be having the same problem as described by others. Having installed Belle earlier this week, I noticed when replying to the text that the software had copied a random previously sent text (from months ago) on the bottom of the text I wanted to send therefore the recipient got a load of text that wasn't meant for them. In other words they were sent an old text. Also, when I've replied to a received text, the reply indicates that it hasn't been sent to the indended recipient and rather a random recipient. I think the text isn't actually going to the sender, as suggested in the sent items folder, as I've sent test texts and even though the text indicates it's gone to some random contact within the phone address book, it does actually go to the correct people - even though the text is all messed up as previously described.

I'm disappointed that installing Belle has led to these problems, I'd have hoped that Nokia would have done more testing on their upgrade prior to releasing it. It's taken me quite a few hours already to reinstall Belle, no luck to date though in rectifying this problem so at the moment I'm not sending texts to anyone. I expect more from Nokia therefore I hope that they will sort this out, promptly. Lastly, I'm annoyed that I can no longer remove unwanted apps such as CNN etc, why does the Belle software now not alone us to remove these?! I've had a Nokia phone for years although I can now see why Iphones are so popular, if they are more reliable and don't have all of these problems that Nokia smart phones appear to have, who'd want to choose a Nokia above an Iphone?

Please use plain text.
domama

"I noticed when replying to the text that the software had copied a random previously sent text (from months ago) on the bottom of the text I wanted to send therefore the recipient got a load of text that wasn't meant for them. In other words they were sent an old text. Also, when I've replied to a received text, the reply indicates that it hasn't been sent to the indended recipient and rather a random recipient. I think the text isn't actually going to the sender, as suggested in the sent items folder, as I've sent test texts and even though the text indicates it's gone to some random contact within the phone address book, it does actually go to the correct people - even though the text is all messed up as previously described."

I'm going through exactly the same thing.  I've stopped using the text function.  I really hope Nokia fixes this. Considering getting an iPhone very soon.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sawmatg222q

@bumblebirra sorry even after deleting my messages, the problem still persists. It is as if the old messages are stored in some hidden place. This bug is really worse and time to time, I am sending the wrong message to other people again and again. NOKIA FIX THIS BUG!!!!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
hakuna69

Have N8 and same problem with old text messages being added to a new one then appears to have gone to the wrong person (although it doesn't) All since  updating to belle.

This is stopping me from sending sms because it's causing problems with recipients and the chance of sensitive messages being sent.

Have reinstalled update, deleted all msgs, soft reset and still not fixed.

This is  a  software issue and a dangerous one for us with it on our phone.

Please use plain text.
greece13

I have the same problem too on C-7. . .i have a question..how can be possible mixed old and new messages when we deleted all. .?i think we have to delete old messages permanently. . but i dont know how!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ixia

I'm having the same problem with my N8 after updating to Belle. Old messages are tacked onto new messages, it's a nightmare, I never know what my phone is going to send to who. All of the old messages have been deleted.

My network provider is bamboozled, a new sim seemed to cure it for a little while, but it's as bad again. I've been told the only thing left to try is a factory restore, but I'm loathe to do this. But at the moment I have a phone which I can't text on, which is useless really.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
turt

hi is there a fix or work around for this issue yet?

text im sending are getting mixed with old texts. N8 Belle after update

Please use plain text.
Contributor
turt

Please use plain text.
The_Dodger

I DON'T want Conversation Style for messages. How do I switch it off with Belle and a C7-00 phone

Please use plain text.