Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Downgrade from BELLE to ANNA

Contributor
mikelflogic

Downgrade from BELLE to ANNA

Dear All,

Why am I asking about Downgrade from BELLE to ANNA? Wnen I upgraded from ANNA to BELLE I observed the following problems:

- slower operation (ex. switching screens),

- random and spontaneous restarts after sending SMS,

- SMS keyboard (vertical mode) is sucks,

- worst access to emoticons and symbols when writing SMS,

- drop-down list (connection/date/time) is sucks,

- no automatic connect to my WiFi network,
- automatic disconnecting from WiFi,
- unable to connect N8 with bluetooth headset Plantronics M100.

I did not have problems mentioned above when I used ANNA. So, I don't want to use BELLE anymore. Somebody can halp me to do downgrade to ANNA? How can I do this? Somebody can describe downgrades' procedure?

BR,

mikelflogic

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Downgrade is not possible. The phones have an inbuilt feature that will brick the phone if downgrade is done. The only option for you is to re install belle and check if your problem is solved or not.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikelflogic

Thank you ajaydavidson :smileyhappy:

... or wait for newer and better version of the system :smileywink: How can I reinstall the BELLE on my N8?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mlazni

The worst program ever if I wanted I would buy a htc not nokia give us back previous program this is emberesing for nokia and its users

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikelflogic

[ Edited ]

OK guys. I reinstalled the BELLE. Result? The same . BELLE isn't MS Windows, unfortunately. oh, it's so ironic...

Moderators notes: Profanity removed. Attempts to bypass the profanity filter will be edited.

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

[ Edited ]

mikelflogic wrote:
OK guys. I reinstalled the BELLE. Result? The same  BELLE isn't MS Windows, unfortunately. oh, it's so ironic...

did you reinstall by formatting the phone and then completely reinstalling. if so, then take it to nokia care and ask them to have a look, there may actually be an issue the hardware itself.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikelflogic

I did not reinstall by formatting. I did reinstall BELLE by Nokia Suite.
Please use plain text.
Professor
Mike_Myers_N8

I was told long ago that if I took my N8-Belle to a Nokia Care Center, they could re-flash the phone and it would be a brand-new Anna device all over again.

I never got to try this because I fixed the most serious issues, and I have a second N8 which still has Anna on it. 

I was also told you can't do this yourself - it has to be done at a Nokia Care Center.  I made a phone call to the Nokia support phone number in India, and after trying a few things from them, I think that's what they wanted me to do.  Maybe someone from Nokia can confirm that this is still true.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
XxWWWSAMxX

it is VERY possible to downgrade N8 and i said N8!! from Belle to Anna without bricking. However the answer you are seeking wont be found on this forum (due to warranty voiding, etc..).
From your list of problems... i suggest instead of downgrading, try refurbishing the OS first, that is (format) and install a clean copy of belle... DO NOT DO THIS YOURSELF UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING... warranty may be voided and you may end up with bricked phone. If all fails then downgrade :L. I suggest you go talk to NCC for all this unless.... ;P

Btw the lags may be due to all your apps from anna, or hardware degradation that effects all phones over time. (remember your old phones that went from speedy to laggy in a matter of months from overuse?)

Reinstalling from Nokia suite does nothing as it does not format phone & mass memory, and you keep your old stuff (if i remember correctly)

Enjoy :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
XxWWWSAMxX

I couldnt find an edit button so im going to double post.
DO NOT "BACKUP" before u format and then "RESTORE BACKUP" after format... as your phone might go back to what it was before you formatted.... just reinstall everything from scratch. As for the game saves (if u have any), do a search through the web to find the list of where game saves are and back those folders up...then place folders back after u install the game.

have fun :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
drlipon

Hi All,

have been a loyal Nokia user for soo long, started with 3310 since then N70, N73, N95 and N8 came one after another....despite the fact that nokia doesn't support most of the ebook format, its music player is below per, could have lot more user friendly options....didn't leave nokia and didn't want to try other phones....i am so used to with its handy symbian os...and was expecting upgrades not sacrificing it's originalilty....and until recently every time it offered a upgrade it always made it better....and before 3 days i upgraded to Belle from anna, and since then it has taken away my happyness....i regret for what I did...I regret for trusting Nokia and not doing some research on the forums to get some reviews.....i was using Fring and skype on Anna...i could download fring on Belle and i could use it once and after that its not opening anymore...i uninstalled and reinstalled but its the same not opening.....and for skype i cant download it here in usa....i am still using my saui arabia sim on my nokia phone and it was all going so smoothly with Anna.....so no skype no fring....and u can't check the programs running ,..that option has been removed from belle to....if u can't close any program or if ur in doubt if any program is running on the background u need to restart ur phone now....no other way u can check it on belle...its browser slowed down and i clouldn't make a comment from my cell on belle so i had to log on my computer....the browser got booted twice while i was typing there.....i am not going to get anna from third party.....if Nokia oblige us to use this **bleep** (belle) OS...from my part what I will do is Say Grand Good Bye Nokia and Good Luck.....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rpmauyra

i have a nokia c7 and i update it from anna to belle but i have a problem in my c7

in anna my cell phone was always working fast but when i install belle after that my screen touch is not working some time some time is working and my phone work very slow so i want to downgrade my nokia cell from belle to anna pls do me some suggestion .

thanks...........

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Someone1234

There is an app on sourceforge.net.   Search ''Symbian''

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MacMax

You can downgrade your N8 from belle to Anna by going to store in your phone and in that search applications you'll find it for free, download it and your phone will downgrade. 

I tried and it worked for me so now i'm using Anna.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DDeridex

wow. so you are saying: "You can downgrade your N8 from belle to Anna by going to store in your phone and in that search applications you'll find it for free, download it and your phone will downgrade. I tried and it worked for me so now i'm using Anna" jst how in the name of god, devil and you is that possible?!
Please use plain text.