Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E5-00 Mail app missing after software update

Registered Member
wriedmann
Accepted Solution

E5-00 Mail app missing after software update

Hi,

today my Nokia E5-00 proposed an update to the system software and to the mail app. The system software was updated successfully, but the update to the mail software failed with an error about server not available - and now my smartphone is not more smart, only phone wothout a mail app.

I have found no possibility to reinstall or retrieve this app.

Nokia phones are keeping better and better: the E75 lasted a year and a half, the C6-00 stopped working after about 2 months, and now the E5-00 has lost his mail app, becoming unusable for me, after about 3 weeks.

I have used Nokia phones for the last 13 years now, and was very happy with them.

Wolfgang Riedmann

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wriedmann

Re: E5-00 Mail app missing after software update

Hi,

after reinstalling the system software the mail app has not been returned, only after 3 switch off and restart the app were visibile again.

Wolfgang

Please use plain text.
bima

Re: E5-00 Mail app missing after software update

I have similar story with my E5-00... After software update installation just 2 weeks ago the pushed email (Yahoo! Mail) stop functioning... Now it displays only up to 28.01.2011, no updating... I don't know what to do, pls if anybody knows how...

Please use plain text.