Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E5-00 software update to 071.003

Advisor
sergolenz

YES! Finally I solved the NO SMS BEEP or NO ICON notification problem by deleting messages from inbox, I had more than 2100 sms messages. So if anyone has a problem like this U can resolve it by deleting messages :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rohan88

my phone ocassionally decides to not sound sms alerts... n then i updated to the latest firmware over the air. wats annoying me most is that none of the problems that i had earlier got solved..and on top of that, sometimes when  i restart my phone to bring back my sms tone.. every message in my inbox, sent items and folders gets auto deleted and the bootup takes upto 5 mins.. i dnt knw how or why but none of the data in my memory card except the messages is lost (i store messges in memory card)... i dnt think anybody else is having this problem.. any idea? thanx..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rohan88

also i have reinstalled the firmware using ovi suite.. still having that pblm....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
PieterZ

[ Edited ]

Next episode.

Looks the engineers are very busy at Nokia to fix the new anna screwup...

Still no news about this one???

Yesterday I got my phone back after a month (!) at Nokia's.

They put the older software back.

I can sync my agenda and contacts again. So far so good.

But I still can't transfer my pictures. And this worked well untill I did the update.

I even did a new BT config, but that came back empty too.

So it's going back to Nokia. I won't take this sh*t from you.

I'll keep sending this POS in untill it works or untill I get another phone.

Maybe your engineers can get another job at a clothespin factory. That's better adopted to their abilities.

Defenitly the last Nokia to enter our house.Period.

Please use plain text.
Silxx

How could a software upgrade improve some features but screw some others that are important too?? Grrr, this is so annoying. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
PieterZ

[ Edited ]

It looks like Nokia can't take a negative post as my last one was deleted.

So here I go again.

I went to the store a 3rd time to get this problem fixed.

Another time I'll have to wait a month to get it back. That's the A+ service you get.

Last chance Nokia, or it's refund time...

So Michaels, what about your promise to let the engineers take care of it?

I'm still waiting. And so are all the others.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Antt

I have also updated my (Hong Kong-bought) Nokia E5-00 yesturday night (25 August).

It went pretty smooth until the reset of my phone. First, when my phone was back on, it was in Simplified Chinese (for China only), and I was surprised at it, since HK does not use such standard, it uses Traditional Chinese. Not big of a deal, I switched it back to 'Automatic', and since I am with Rogers (I live in Canada), it goes automatically to (Canadian) English. It seemed to have fixed that problem obviously. After, I realized all the incoming texts I was getting after the update from that moment on, did not show the names that were saved onto my Contact List. It all appeared as their phone numbers. I have tried deleting SIM numbers, and checking for doubles etc. Nothing works. Third problem was my SW Update still had the Update there, and it won't goaway. Not big of a deal, I got help and it was solved.

2/3 problems solved. The last one is that Sender's Name problem. It will only show their number. I use the 'Active' standby homescreen, so when I get a text, a little yellow envelope pops up with a red star. When I go to it, it'll say the person's name. But when I click on it, and it goes to the SMS interface where you're reading their entire text, it's their number on top from the 'From' section. The odd thing is, is that the problem resides only in the Inbox (Sender's names only). When I go to 'Sent' or "Draft' or 'Outbox', they all have their names on it...

Is there a fix to this? Please no suggestions of Duplicate Contacts, or Resetting my phone, it's all been tried... I've also tried deleting all my 'Inbox' and 'Sent' messages. I had over 2200, but I cleared it all. The problem still persists. Even when I send a message and I type my friends' names onto the 'To' section, the text, when replied to by my friends, will always end up being viewed as their phone numbers and their numbers only, no name....

Help?

Thanks in Advance.

Please use plain text.
mig29stone

After several weeks and testing the following problems turned out to be linked to the 071.003 upgrade:

The pre-installed applications like facebook chat, youtube do not work with 3G anymore, just with WLAN. There is no possibility of changing this in any setup or menu. Even Youtube app has a menu point "connection change" it simply ignores you when chosen.

The App Bloomberg doesn't work either anymore as the joystick button is out of function once you load this app, but this is limited to the Bloomberg app as such. Switching in parallel to other applications shows the direction key still working. So something must have changed in the system update which caused this strange effect.

Even NOKIA is claiming that testing was done, it seems hard to believe as of those many faults detected by the users afterwards.

I kindly ask the responsible people at NOKIA to provide urgent support to us users as paying customer and more also as future customer.

best regards!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
PieterZ

Nokia is testing all right. It's us doing the test. I PM'ed Michaels about this issue a few days ago, as he promised the engineers would look into it.

That resulted in a deleted (coincidence???) last post, which I "friendly" retyped. 

Never again heard of the fellow. That says a lot to me.

I'm waiting for mine to turn up from Nokia again. They didn't even get it right after the downgrade.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
roMadMike

Hey there!

I updated the firmware of my E5 earlier today, despite reading through this thread. I said, it couldn't be worse than it allready is ( constantly freezing and slow moving ). I was wrong :smileysad:

After the update, I noticed the improved speed wich I really loved, it was faster through the menus and through the music player..faster in general. And everything was going great, i even set up an Mail For Exchange to sync my calendar and contacts with my google account. I was really pleased that I didn't experience any of the problems I've read about..

However, about an hour or two after, I noticed the signal was low.. and I mean really low; in the same spot i got full bars at 3.5G, now it showed me 2-3 regular GSM bars.. and, stranger still, when I try to call, it tells me "No network coverage.".. And if I restart the phone, it takes about 5 minutes to get from 0 bars to 2-3 and I still can't make any calls, I just receave SMS-s because of the lost calls, LOL.

NOKIA, I swear to God that if you don't fix this fast, I will NEVER buy any of your products again.

Before this, I had an Nokia e63, it was a lot less buggier. (well, after the e63, i had an Samsung galaxy S - damn, I was so stupid for selling it to buy an E5).

PS: I tried reinstalling the firmware twice now. By the time I finished writing this, I got 1 bar of 3.5G signal.. when i try to call .. "Connection error." Lovely!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
PieterZ

[ Edited ]

That really is a bummer. At least I could still make calls.

I will never ever update it again.

But frankly, I don't think this will ever get solved.

Probs with Anna are getting priority imo. The first pages of the S.U. forum part is about it.

Another lousy joke!

I keep bringing mine in untill Nokia Belgium is fed up with it, or repaired it. (yeah right :smileyvery-happy: )

Nokia sure isn't what it used to be. My previous phone was a N73. That worked great for 5 years!

But they seem to forget customers have the power to walk away....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Antt

Am I the only Nokia E5-00 user that is experiencing the 'No-Name-For-Inbox-Messages-But-Only-Their-Numbers' problem? I mean, everything else is fine, it shows the name on stand-by screen when I highlight it when I receive a message, but it's when I head into my Inbox that it just scrambles or rather, de-scrambles, the contact into the contact's actual phone number. Other than the Inbox, the Sent, Draft, etc. are having no such problems, and the problems I mentioned before have been fixed.

I look forward for this fix for my problem Nokia. Please and Thank you!

Feedback, advise, and suggestions from other fellow users of Nokia E5-00 that have the same problem (the 'No-Name-For-Inbox-Messages-But-Only-Their-Numbers' problem) would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
omoboy08

pls anybody shd tel me how to remove vibration each time i make call connection. It disgust me alot.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
PieterZ

Here's part 4...

I picked up my phone today. It had been sent to Nokia now.

So I went home and tried it out, did a clean new bluetooth install on the Mac. Mhh... it still didn't work.

So I check the SW version... right, those idiots put the new 071 version on it. The one that doesn't work... Some repair service!

I returned the phone a 4th time. This time Luc Achten, the Essec CEO will look into it and contact Nokia.

I will keep returning this POS untill it works or untill they are fed up. Whatever comes first, I won't budge.

Nice going Nokia... Continue and you will end up in some Chinese company. Good luck all you poor guys who work there.

By the end of the month the Iphone 4S will be available... I'm getting one. 

Another customer gone, never to return.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
PieterZ

You can put a problem solved tab on this thread! No, Nokia didn't get it fixed. Did that myself... I JUNKED this pos an just got a 4S. Another long time customer gone Nokia. And many will follow. Last week a friend was talking about a new Nokia. I told him to take a look here with all the problems on a lot of models. He bought a HTC. Yep, many will follow......
Please use plain text.
manish219tiwari

Now I am using latest version 101.003.C00.01..but still Bloomberg widget is not working.Please provide resolution.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
PieterZ

I'm still very happy with my solution. LOL!
Please use plain text.
cobaltzblack

Re: E5-00 software update to 091.001

Hi,

Yesterday ive updated my E5-00 to latest software 091.001 and something occurred:

- my bluetooth connection cannot connect to any bluetooth device, cannot recieve,and cannot detect ...

is there anyone who can help me.. pls

thanks

Please use plain text.