Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E5-00 software update to 071.003

Advisor
sergolenz

Re: E5-00 software update to 071.003

Why nokia doesnt answer about this? what shall I do to fix this problems??? how can I downgrade the firmware? is it possible?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ragupml

i think downgrade is only possible by reinstalling the software by nokia care centre.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jcswright

This is absolutely bloody ridiculous.

I installed this 'upgrade' hoping it would cure some problems, and the ones it's left behind (like the phone sometimes beeping for text messages and sometimes not) are WORSE than before!

NOKIA - please as soon as possible give an option to downgrade again?!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jcswright

P.S. YES I'm frustrated!  This is what you expect from some cheap rubbish outfit, not from a company that thinks it can compete with RIM and HTC etc.  Nokia you need to do some serious work if you're going to stay around.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jcswright

And moderators, before you get cross that I sound a little upset - imaging how YOU would feel if you spent GBP180 on a phone that _nine_ months later is STILL not working properly.

Now I have three months to persuade the vendor to give me a refund.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

In answer to some of the issues raised in this thread...

Theme colour issues

The problem with the 'Light' theme is not a firmware bug, the theme is a separate application included with the firmware. Unfortunately, the version of this theme delivered with v071 has been changed incorrectly. Theme colour schemes are built in to the theme app and cannot be amended from phone settings, for the time being the only option is to use an alternative theme.

USB connection requires lock code

Could the user who raised this issue please confirm if they are a Mail for Exchange user? Exchange servers can force some security protocols to be active, and locking the device under certain conditions (determined not by the device but by the Exchange server) is a common one. If this did not happen under you previous software version, it could be a feature activated in the latest MfE client.

Alarm not working/Bluetooth isues with paired devices/SMS tones

Each of these issues is mentioned by only one person only here, could those users please confirm their device product codes of the devices concerned (the seven-digit code found on the product identity label in the battery compartment, usually beginning '05...') in order to investigate this?

In the case of the alarm issue, could you also please give a better definition of "not working"? Can the alarm be set? If so, is it the case that the alarm does not sound, and is this a permanent or intermittent issue? Are there any error messages during any usage of the alarm feature?

Lost language

This normally occurs in the case of 'grey imports', where the retailer obtains stocks of devices not intended for the market where it is sold and has local language packs added, these languages may subsequently be lost durign a software update and would certainly be lost if the device was fully relfashed as part of a repair process. Language packs are not available separately to the end-user, you should consult a Nokia Care point about this. If it turns out to be the case that your device was not the correct variant for your country, you might wish to take up the issue with the retailer and ask for them to rectify the situation.

Keypad autolock not activating whilst certain apps are in use and currently displayed

I have been in formed that this is not a bug, but a design feature.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
PieterZ

Regarding code 059C6D8.

Before the update the phone worked fine, except for some browser issues.

I solved those by installing Opera.

After the update I can't connect bluetooth on my Mac OSX laptop.

It worked perfect untill the update.

Can I download the old software from the site, or will this have to be done at the dealer?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
PieterZ

Does nobody have any input?

IMO these bugs aren't worthy a multinational this size... 

I've read dozens of issues with the updates. I should have checked here prior to updating.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
PieterZ

Is anyone awake?

It seems to me the Nokia representative is telling the classic "you're the only one reporting this problem" regarding bluetooth.

But it's not. Now there's 2 and guess what... no reply.

I'd really like to get this problem fixed, as how the phone is now I can't use it like I want to.

This update is a cruel joke. It was marked as important :smileyhappy: yeah right.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

It is not always possible to respond immediately, but this does not mean that you are ignored; though to my personal knowledge you are the first to raise this issue.

There are no means to downgrade, your Bluetooth issue will be forwarded to our engineers.

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
PieterZ

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply. Sorry if I have shot the piano player :smileyhappy:

These issues tend to get on my nerves.

Someone posted above he had the same issues. That makes me #2.

So if I get it right installing a downgrade phone software (as it was) will NOT cure the problem?

Hopefully the Nokia engineers come up with a solution, as my phone is quite useless now in some parts. Not being able to transfer isn't my idea of a smartphone.

Is an issue like this covered by your warranty? The phone is 1/2 a year old.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sergolenz

Hello! I have NO SMS tone or beep any modes, when phone is in standby or when playng music or video. no sence.. my phone's code is 0595464LR14r7C. please tell me what can I do to fix this.

Really I like this phone and not wont to change it in other model

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ragupml

I am Nokia N78 customer before 6 months, but when i update my mobile it just started problems. Now i am using E -5. I am fear to update my software because i just know what will happen if i update a nokia. I don't see anyone saying There is an improvements on working after update. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jcswright

Hello michaels, thank you for taking an interest - if somebody from Nokia is getting involved you must think there might be a solution!

My product code is: 059C209, and I don't believe I am the only person with the problem of loss of SMS tone.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - I'm afraid I haven't spotted any pattern.

Please let me know if you require any more information.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jcswright

Great - I just checked my voicemail to listen to an old message, to find I had three new messages I had no notification for.

And now I've done that, the light is flashing on the phone to tell me I've got a message or something, but there is nothing new showing on the screen.

Seriously michaels - does Nokia do ANY testing?  Or do you just wait to see what you can get away with once you've released the handset to your unsuspecting customers?  This is disgusting - I've had the phone for 9 months, through 3 firmware updates that both cured old and introduced new problems - to the point where I can't download apps from Ovi store any longer because I've exceeded the 5 download limit through no fault of my own.

I bet you disappear now, and we never hear from you again.  Hope you realise that for every customer who bothers to discuss this with you on the forums, you lose hundreds who can't be bothered to try to help you fix the problems.  I've always had Nokia phones, and before smartphones they were great.  I thought Nokia would be able to cope, but clearly developing smartphones has stretched you just that bit too far. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
the_mixer

When I start ovi maps, after just 1 second, it crash!

I have this the problem since I upgrade my E5-00 with the latest software release (071.003)
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

jcswright wrote:

Seriously michaels - does Nokia do ANY testing?  Or do you just wait to see what you can get away with once you've released the handset to your unsuspecting customers?  This is disgusting - I've had the phone for 9 months, through 3 firmware updates that both cured old and introduced new problems - to the point where I can't download apps from Ovi store any longer because I've exceeded the 5 download limit through no fault of my own.

Of course Nokia undertakes testing, and nobody is suggesting that you are the only person with your issues. All manufacturers of sophisticated electronic devices experience some issues in small proportions of models, and all manufacturers investigate and solve these issue when they are made aware of them.

This thread has been brought to the attention of the relevant team and the issues raised are under investigation.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
PieterZ

Great to hear that. I hope to have a solution soon.

I spoke to my dealer. He suggested to reload the software from the OVI store. 

Could that work?

I'm a Mac user, so I'll have to bother a buddy with a windows PC.

As you might know OVI is not Mac compatible. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kaede2103

I upgrade yesterday to the new version and my phone works fine but in the administrator of open apps a new application are running "main" and i cant close it, always run in background 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ManelMP

Hello.
I've updated the Software and the first thing negative I've noticed is that it was connected to the handsfree car, something that has bothered me greatly.
When I got home I tried to connect via Bluetooth to the PC, has been impossible. I removed the battery, I reloaded the update, I renamed the phone to see if it detected, if detected but i can not connect. What I can do?.
I am not a user of Mail for Exchange
I hope Michaels for a solution.

Regards

Manuel

Please use plain text.