Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E51 updated to 220.34.37 and 6210 Navigator to...

E51 updated to 220.34.37 and 6210 Navigator to 03.25

Hi,

New version released in NSU

Nokia E51 goes to 220.34.37 and replaces 100.34.20.
Nokia 6210 Navigator goes to 03.25 and replaces 03.28.

Ciauz!
Cellomania_com
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: E51 updated to 220.34.37 and 6210 Navigator to 03.25

E51 firmware 220.34.37 replaces 200.34.36.

Does anyone know change(s) ? :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lenny251

After firmware update mine seems to work faster.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Mine seems also to work faster :smileyhappy:

And the vibrating alert seems more "strong"...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

After updating to this new firmware, I can't connect the phone to the computer in data transfer mode. It says that the memory card is in use. Even though I have no apps running and the themes, sms and fonts are all saved on the phone. Does anyone have the same problem?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hei, your right, mine has the same problem.
I try many times before I finally manage to connect it to my PC.
Please use plain text.
Sage
coopere

i updated mine last night. i would love to see the change log. but i hope the a2dp has improved because mine refuses to keep connected to my stereo bluetooth headphones.
everything happens for a reason
check out my blog @ http://mycellife.blogspot.com/
Please use plain text.
Sage
coopere

i updated mine last night. i would love to see the change log. but i hope the a2dp has improved because mine refuses to keep connected to my stereo bluetooth headphones.

i was also hoping the music player interface would be improved. nothing wrong with we e-series users enjoy a little n-series goodies.
everything happens for a reason
check out my blog @ http://mycellife.blogspot.com/
Please use plain text.

Just updated my E51. It can't connect to the GSM network now.The signal goes up and down erratically and even when it's full i can't make calls.

I would say to wait a bit before updating.

Also is there a way to revert to the previous version?

Cheers!
Please use plain text.

Just found out that if UMTS is enabled the phone can't make any calls...Not very good since I bought this phone for the 3g!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I'm connected through 3G network (Luxembourg) and have no problem with phone calls.
Please use plain text.

I've never had a problem installing Nokia firmware but there's always a first.

The Nokia Software Updater says 'Don't Panic!' when at 40 seconds remaining it asks to remove the battery as the connection is lost.

The phone displays Nokia 'Local Mode' and on restart asks for the country, date, etc and enters many minutes of 'Installing' with a flashing bar.

When this finished the phone says it has failed to complete installation from the memory card and says to
complete it with the Installer. Nokia PC Suite can find the phone, but the Nokia Software Updater refuses to reconnect.

I've uninstalled, redownloaded and retried the Nokia Software Updater repeating the same results. Nokia PC
Suite restores fail partway through from a previous backup, and when powering up it always says the memory card installation failed, use the Installer.

Text messages work but attempts to use WIFi always say 'WLAN connection already active, Close it and try
again'.

Can anyone suggest what to try next?
Please use plain text.

I have the same problem, I updated the firmare just right now and the wifi could not connect. ¨WLAN already connected. close the connexion and try again¨ the think is that we cannot close the connexion and the wifi icon doesn´t disappear until you shutdown and restart the phone
Please use plain text.

I reset to factory settings and REMOVED the memory card, then the Updater ran to completion.

A mistake, I did a full restore from backup after inserting the memory card, and the dreaded 'WLAN already connected' reappeared.

Repeating the above, I only restored mail and contacts, and took the time to manually reinstall programs and my favorite themes.

My E51 is so far working fine, and I'm hoping someone can explain the 'WLAN already connected' problem and how to resolve it.
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
Hello,

I experienced the same (trouble connecting to a WiFi Access Point), and some other strange behavior (unable to place telephone calls, several times) after updating my Nokia E-51 and restoring it's settings.

My work-around: Re-apply the firmware upgrade, but do not restore the phone settings by use of the Nokia PC Suite. Of course you can restore all other items, like contacts, messages, files, etc. automatically. However, apply all phone settings manually, including Access Point settings. Since I know my phone better now compared to the moment I just bought it, this only took me half an hour. Of course it is a bit of an annoyance, but I am glad that everything is working fine again!

I performed the upgrade because of some stability issues when using the phone in conjunction with the Parrot CK3100 car kit. I do not know whether these issues are resolved by this update.

What bothers me most (not to be solved by a firmware upgrade) is that after only just a couple of months of use a lot of fine dust has found its way between the LCD-screen and its glass cover. Do you guys experience the same problem? Please let me know!

Message Edited by urquhart on 18-Nov-2008 08:48 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

"I experienced the same (trouble connecting to a WiFi Access Point), and some other strange behavior (unable to place telephone calls, several times) after updating my Nokia E-51 and restoring it's settings.

My work-around: Re-apply the firmware upgrade, but do not restore the phone settings by use of the Nokia PC Suite..."

After this quote I will never update my mobile. Thanks a lot for information!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

After update e51 220.34.37

1.Fast instalation process for new programs

2.very bad voice transmision :when you speaking,the other side not hear you like normal. ..interruption
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I did a full backup on my Nokia e51. Then ran NSU to update to 220.34.37. Then I Restored everything from the backup to the phone. No problems. WiFi works normally. Calls are clear. The only thing I needed to do was re-install some Java progams. I also installed Nokia Maps 2 over version 1.
Nokia Image Store seems to run faster when checking for new photos. I need to try a few more pics to see whether the green tinge has been rectified on the edges of photos.
What I would like is an "advanced" option in NSU to apply different language packs if one regularly uses a language that doesn't come installed.
Overall I'm still very happy with my e51. (apart from the dust that I can't get out from between the screen and the front cover.)
Please use plain text.

I have had the same problem on my E51 after I updated to 220.34.47, in that I cannot connect to my Wi-Fi now.  When I try to connect the screen brightens, then blanks out and then restarts itself.  I deleted the Wi-Fi connection setting and added it again using the Wi-Fi wizard, but still the same result?  Hope someone can help?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I've already updated to 300.34.56. Try that 1st. I'm having no trouble.
Please use plain text.