Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E52 Firmware 073.001 --- Is It Real?

Advisor
drhok

E52 Firmware 073.001 --- Is It Real?

I updated the firmware of my E52 last week. Nokia Suite offered me version 073.001.

Since then, it fails a lot. Sometimes it just hangs when I start an application or when I simply open the menu. I need to switch it off and on again in order to use it.

Also the Contacts app behaves oddly. When I type in the name of a company which is in my adress book (where the entry doesn't have first or last name) it isn't found. IIRC this used to work in a previous version.

It also seems that the phone opens packet connections apparently without a reason. At least I see the arrows symbol in the top left corner.

What disturbs me is the fact that there is apparently no such firmware version. When I open the Update Page I'm told that the latest verson is 071.004.

Did I perhaps download some kind of beta version which was accidentally made public? I remember that the download failed on the first attempt. I had to retry a few times.

I'm puzzled. Can anybody confirm that there is a 073.001 out there?

In detail, the firmware is 073.001.237.03 from 19-Aug-2011. My phone is a model E52-1 / type RM-469.

Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

There is a version 073.001 and seems to relate to German handsets only at the moment
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You may check here ...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
drhok

DeadmanN8 wrote:
There is a version 073.001 and seems to relate to German handsets only at the moment

Well, that would fit. It is a German handset. So I can stop being paranoid and accept the firmware as legitimate.

Neverteless, it seems that it is not really stable. I need to power cycle it several times a day. I'd prefer reverting to the previous one.

I reinstalled 073.001 a few hours ago, as suggested by Nokia Suite. Let's see if it helps. So far no further crash.

Or, to be precise, it didn't exactly crash, it just didn't respond to key presses. The only key that works in that case is the power switch. I can switch profiles, but none of them reacts to any other key.

Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

whats your product code?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
drhok

DeadmanN8 wrote:
whats your product code?

Anyway, I think I solved it. I decided to uninstall some applications when the first app went unresponsive. Out of a hunch I started with Google Search. And voila, the phone is back to normal (it seems). Keeping my fingers crossed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
E52bond

Hi,

I have a similar problem with my German E52. After I installed the latest firmware via Nokia Suite my E52 crashes constantly and now it is dead, it does not reboot anymore. I want to reinstall the previous version (073.001) but I don´t know were to download it. Can you help me please with a link for it?

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kingsimz1

so is it real?
E52 - Product code 0585050
UK.
V54.003
Please use plain text.