Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E52 Needs Software Update Desparately !!!

Hi,

I bought the nokia E52 around 10 days back.Pleasant experience to start with ....although being a nokia N series user since a very long time,quite aware how Nokia OS behaves...when it is slow or some problem.Sometimes E52 software did show some signs & to my utter dismay..it restarted on its own couple of times...hung up too.

Finally on the 6th day..the phone hung up ..Didnt start ..wont start...

As i needed the phone to work desparately for personal reasongs,Had to give to a mobile repairer....He diagnosed as "corrupt  software & by his means reloaded & the E52 was all perfectly fine..infact strikingly more smooth & better mobility with menus.No lag in opening...

Although my problems not yet over...whenever i plug in my charger..the phone would switch off...this happened even before i repaired it..

Finally to my extreme disgust the same problem has happened again..

OS corrupt or whatever reasons...when i was testing the video camera...just a single click & the phone hung up...

its in COMA right now....no response besides the initial vibration...

This is ridiculous.
I am taking this initiative & hoping nokia comes up with appropriate software update REAL SOON !!!!!

As exams or on my head I have to keep the dead phone aside & use a temporary old nokia phone..which atleast WORKS !!

An excellent phone otherwise..but this is a major ISSUE & should be dealt with high priorty.

Thank you.

...a disheartened Nokia E52 user 

Please use plain text.

Re: E52 Needs Software Update Desparately !!!

I agree. I have different problems with mine.

new massive firmware update please!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I also fully agree. It is unstable, especially the Bluetooth connection (voice and data transmission).

Also software that was total stable on the E52 crashes on the E52 which is not acceptable.

Please use plain text.

Hello all, Hello Nokia,

I work for a company where in the last month we deployed not less than 150-200 Nokia E52.

I personally got one but as the rest of the 50% users wich have their e52's still operational, i'm very dissapointed of the software.

I must say that regarding my full experience, this mobilephone is the most unstable model of all Nokias.

So, Nokia please review E52 software, URGENTLY.

PS: Made in Finland...

Please use plain text.

I met the problem as well, the e52 can't switch on .

the phone always restart without sign.

I sent the e52 back to nokia ,after one month ,nokia care told me the phone had been repaired ,the board have been changed, IMEI changed.

Please use plain text.

Whoooo guys,

I can't send to service 200 phones in service...

I mean, it's not the maiboard the main bad thing. I think the firmware is.

Regards,

Victor

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

After reading the problems from many users, I am astonished. I bought my E52 from abroad and brought it to India, where it is still not launched. The model is so sleek and beautiful; and after seeing the success of E51 and E71, I just bought it. But I am also dissappointed.

My problem with E52 is: during the call, the person on the other side can not hear me properly.  I have to press loudspeaker on and thereafter press again loudspeaker off. Then I can be heard properly.  This is rediculous.

Now I am back to my SE P1i. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
digara

Hi all,

Same thing happen to my E52 regarding the unstability.

On 22 Sep 09, my E52 suddenly off and cannot be switched on. I tried to put the battery out for 1 hour and also the memory card. Still cannot be switched on. Desperately, I went to Nokia Care Center on 24 Sep, and the day after the handset is ready to be picked up. Seemed they only re-flash the software. Because it is still v.021.013 with language 14.02.

First day, it was ok, but the day after, the symptoms of unstability happened again, just like the days after I bought phone on 23 Aug 09. Sometimes the phone hang when I received call. And it happens several times on a day until now. Sometimes happen 5 times in a day. 

Another thing, when 3G/3.5G signal is on the phone cannot received call at all, and if it can, if there is sudden network change to 2G network, the call will disconnect. It is so annoying for me since many times happen.

I think it is huge problem for Nokia to release unfinished handset to market before proven for stability. Above all it is E-series at stake. 

Agree with Coolin, this is a major ISSUE & should be dealt with HIGH PRIORITY !

Need FIRMWARE update ASAP.

Thanks.

E-52, v.021.013.C00.001 lang:14.02 Made In Korea

Please use plain text.

Re: E52 Needs Software Update Desperately !!!

Hi all,

Yet another new E52 owner with a string of problems such as random restarts and lock-ups. Purchased phone directly from Nokia, Sim free, UK spec, software V.021.013 and made in Finland. Nice looking product and lots of potentially good features etc but .. my new phone has died after only 15 days use.

I first had problems with the alarm which failed to go off. Phone failed to start up with the alarm. Several restarts and had to eventually remove battery to recover the problem, luckily this worked. Loading around 250 phone numbers to the pnone using nokia pc suite caused a lockup.

Whilst exploring the camera functions and then deleting a picture taken as a test, the phone locked up. This has finally killed it and the operating system is now corrupted and constantly reboots. Tried all the usual stuff removing battery, memory card etc. The phone will not start and is now totally useless. Currently awaiting a response from Nokia.

It is clear that this product has some SERIOUS software issues and I am extremely disappointed that Nokia have released a product to market without apparently fully testing it. A great shame as the product has a lot of potential.

Returning the phone to repair centre is not sorting out the underlying problem. Without a software change I will expect to repeat the whole process again in a couple of weeks when it dies again.

I was interested to know if anyone has any news regarding a software update release date ? I have asked Nokia this question but no response so far.

Nokia , A software update is urgently required.

Please use plain text.

Hi,

I bought the Nokia E52 a month back and was very happy with the phone. While reviewing the phone on a couple of websites i was pleased to know that it had a noise cancellation feature and thought that the voice quality would be better than the E50 which i owned previously. (NOTE : i would grade the E50 voice clarity a 9 on 10 on both ends) 

But to my disappointment the noise cancellation feature has many disadvantages.

1) For one the person at the other end often complaint that it sounds like i'm speaking on speaker phone while I'm not.

2) The voice cancellation kicks in at times when its completely silent and reduces my volume at the client end very low!!!

3) while the noise cancellation feature comes in the makes your volume fluctuate at the clients end.

I use on an average of 6hrs a day on airtime and mostly having international clients, Therefore most of the time results in clients complaining that I'm not heard or dropped calls because they think it has something to do with the network and disconnect.

This is becoming highly inconvenient.

SO NOKIA PLEASE COME UP WITH A NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE GIVING AN OPTION TO DISABLE THIS FEATURE.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi all, Czech support for Nokia Care said that the new firmware will be available today, now says that he knows nothing. Really great!!! We need firmware update! dejv

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Damn true. The firmware is very unstable and it restarts several times a week. And memory not enough occurs once I playing the games. We need a software update to shake these issues off and a iSync plugin to connect the Mac. Pls release a update for this phone before it dies off the market.
Please use plain text.

Same problems here.

Also I will add to the list the GPS, which simply does not work without AGPS. I have disabled the connection to the 3G network for data, and since then I have not been able to get a lock.

I seriously hope that this can be fixed with a software update, and that it is not cheap hardware that is to blame for this.

I didn't expect Nokia to blow it.

Please use plain text.

Hey Nokia,

Same promblems with my E 52 too.

The phone has same list of problems as previously mentioned. In that the voice cancellation problem is the major one :smileysad: 

We desperately need the update to get rid of problems. 

Vish 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I'm sorry! my English is poor,but i think NOKIA need to do it now! my E52 was bought from Europe ,it has the same problem in China. 

China user: Little z

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Bluetooth in e52 and e51 in car is disconnecting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Dear Nokia programmers, all users if E51 and E52 cannot tuse their nokia in car, because the buletooth does not work properly.
Please use plain text.

Today my e52 died.

No experiments, just normal usage.

I am disgusted about being miused as test user for a half-baked produkt being sold before adequaturely tested.

This was my 2nd nokia and surely the last one.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Mine died after 1 month. 

Nokia Australia say it is "uneconomical" to repair and I should send it back to country of purchase for replacement.

What lousy service!

If notebook manufacturers can offer international warranty then "mobile" phone companies such as Nokia should be perfectly capable of doing the same!

Never buying nokia again!!

This is the worst phone I have ever owned! 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Not much new to add from my side, except that to point out, I'm still happy about my e52. It's sleek and cool looking and very versatile for business use.

My E52 does the same thing: crashes, reboots, freezes, drops network coverage (in my office in one of the largeste phone companies - we have pretty good coverage in this building ;-)) and sometimes the caller in the other end can only hear my voice vaguely.

We need a new firmware soon!

Please use plain text.

Very happy withmy E52...sleek design high functionality but the software just sucks....my phone drops network coverage in a well covered area... as well as a microphone issue (the person at the other end do not hear me well sometimes)...

anyway an URGENT software update is necessary...cuz i don't want to get rid of this nice business phone so PLS nokia make it quick!!!

Please use plain text.