Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E6-00 059H6F1 No recognition by Nokia?

piagst

Same issue for me here and I'm not happy.... I've a simlockfree e6 bought in the Netherlands. Why don't we hear from NOKIA about this #fail #nokia

Nokia???

Feynman wrote:

Greetings,

I've noticed that i'm not the only one with an E6-00 that holds the product code 059H6F1, there are posts on this forum asking about this particular 'product code' have never been answered, and it doesn't appear on any list; cutting it short, Nokia, will there be any update?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
freelancer091

THIS WAS MY QUESTION TO NOKIA: I have Nokia E6-00 with product code 059H6F1

And I have a question regarding the upgrade to Nokia Belle, will it be enabled for us with that product code and when?

On this page that product code is not listed in any country http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-availability

I live in Croatia, and my current software version of Anna is 025.007 , custom version 025.007.00.01 that means that i was able to do updates related to S. Anna

But what about Belle?

I have contacted directly Nokia Support and I did not get an answer from them :smileyfrustrated:

AND THIS IS THEIR RESPONSE: Please have a look at this thread /t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-Belle-availability-information/td-p/1298583 if you code is mentioned there. Kerttu, who has started this thread, is looking into availability of productcodes that are not listed on the availability page yet.

AND THERE IS NOTHING ABOUTH 059H6F1 code !!!!

STARTS BEING FUNNY

I think that even I know more then NOKIA's employees..

They are unable to provide information about their product

really **bleep** me off   :smileymad:

http://signup.wazzub.info/?lrRef=af5304ce
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mushroom_daddy

Well I did get a prompt reply from Nokia, but it tells us nothing new!

Thank you for contacting Nokia Careline.

In response to your email, please be informed that we are unable to provide you concrete details on the release of the Nokia Belle for the product code of your device. We suggest that you frequently check the Nokia website for the availability of Nokia Belle.

We seek for your understanding regarding this matter. If you have any other concerns that we can help you with, please do not hesitate to send us an email again.

For future reference, please feel free to check our website. Kindly refer to the link below:

http://www.nokia.co.uk/gb-en/support/

You may also call our Customer Care Hotline at 0845-045-5555, Mon-Fri 9am - 7pm (except bank and public holidays).

Further disappointment for Nokia customers :smileysad:

--
Nokia E6-00 SIM free
Mac User
Please use plain text.
Advisor
freelancer091

Well we can just hope that our e6 device is one on the UK list nokia-belle-update-availability that is listed without product code (Country Variant United Kingdom) and on status "Waiting for approval"

I can not think anything else for now :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Feynman

Now 059H6F1 appear on the list but next to C6-01 Waiting for approval. Is it possible that two different models have the same product code?

p.s for those interested to take a look please check Europe - UK section.

Please use plain text.
Sage

Well that's definitely an improvement.

I think that counts as the first acknowledgement of any kind from within the Nokia organisation that product code 059H6F1 exists. They just have it down for a different phone than the rest of us :smileyhappy:

Is a C6 better than an E6? :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
freelancer091

Feynman wrote:

Now 059H6F1 appear on the list but next to C6-01 Waiting for approval. Is it possible that two different models have the same product code?

p.s for those interested to take a look please check Europe - UK section.

I sent a private mesage to kerttu about that..

waiting for reply..

I wil post it here when I get the answer..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Feynman

beyond any doubt there is no limit when it comes to incompetence of Nokia customer support, not only they've wasted our time of sending us to an inept thread but yet we received no official acknowledgment of their wrong-doing.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
freelancer091

Feynman wrote:

beyond any doubt there is no limit when it comes to incompetence of Nokia customer support, not only they've wasted our time of sending us to an inept thread but yet we received no official acknowledgment of their wrong-doing.

good news :smileyhappy:

Answer from: kerttu Nokia

your product codes does seem to be Country Variant for United Kingdom, so it will be published accordingly. Unfortunately, it is quite impossible for us to estimate when the actual approval and publishing will occur. Make sure that you have your SW update app checking for updates regularly so that you will get the information asap.

And yes, we did have spelling mistake on Availability page saying that device is C6-01, thank you for lettings us know! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
alxg

Finally
someone from Nokia has looked into this and gave us a logical answer

Thank you, kerttu
Please use plain text.
Sage
hooker1uk

to quote you on the thread you mentioned Skyee 

"Non-carrier variants of Nokia C6, C7, E6, E7 and N8 devices can be upgraded now. The download is available at Nokia Suite: http://bit.ly/zxFzpp. " 

Sadly this product code has had NO anna updates let alone belle..

then i remember readin in one of the belle threads that one of you were not dealing with eseries devices.... will we get updates as i'm tired of bugs 

Anna/Belle handsets : E6-00
s60 handsets : E71 grey steel, 6700slide Purple
s40 Handsets : Nokia C3-01, 6086, N6300.
JesusPad2 16gb, booklet3g (32gb ssd upgrade) eeepc701SD (64gb ssd) bauer mini laptop (32gb ssd)

Kudos is Nice - please. Pass it on, you'll make a geek happy
@hooker1uk (as a blogger my words do not represent the brands i work with unless stated otherwise.)
Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

freelancer091 wrote:

good news :smileyhappy:

Answer from: kerttu Nokia

your product codes does seem to be Country Variant for United Kingdom, so it will be published accordingly. Unfortunately, it is quite impossible for us to estimate when the actual approval and publishing will occur. Make sure that you have your SW update app checking for updates regularly so that you will get the information asap.

And yes, we did have spelling mistake on Availability page saying that device is C6-01, thank you for lettings us know! :smileyhappy:

That's fantastic news.

Since the very first Anna update (that we didn't receive)  those of us with 059H6F1 coded generic E6 have been trying to get answers as to why our E6 were not receiving bug fixes and updates. Some on this forum were telling us about carriers having to approve stuff etc. etc. but we always suspected it was something other than that and yes, it appears the product code was simply overlooked when updates were distributed.

Kerttu, a big huge thank you to you and your colleagues for finally fixing this situation.

I will now wait patiently for Belle... and then see what I have to say about these badly proportioned widgets and lack of hardware D-pad support on the E6 people are talking about haha!

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
freelancer091

I don't know why you all didn't receive any of Anna updates,

because I had every update regularly and automatic on Anna :smileyindifferent:

My current Software Version is 025.007

And now I wait only for Belle :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage

My UK SIM-free E6 is still stuck on v21 firmware and nothing offered. Quite terrible, really, firmware is dated May 2011!!! 8-(

Nokia, please add product code 059H6F1 to your rollout - if it's any help, just copy the firmware image from 059D135 - it's the same device etc!!

Thanks.

Steve Litchfield
3-Lib (Tips/resources/Info for Nokia smartphones and Communicators) plus All About Symbian
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pjhaas

My SIM-free E6 (059H6F1) bought in The Netherlands is also still stuck on v21 firmware. No updates to Symbian Anna.. Well, the question is moot since Nokia Software Updater for Mac doesn't recognize my E6 at all. 

Please use plain text.
Sage

Bought in the Netherlands? I thought this 'forgotten' product code of ours was a "UK Country Variant"?

Nokia, please report back on this device, there are a lot of people waiting for concrete information!
Steve Litchfield
3-Lib (Tips/resources/Info for Nokia smartphones and Communicators) plus All About Symbian
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pjhaas

Apparantly not. The box contained a "continental" power adapter, so it's not an UK variant.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
schroedi83

These devices seem to have been sold in several countries. I bought mine in Germany (ebay Powerseller)...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Gyom

I got my E6-00 059H6F1 in France through a France-based online retailer. I'd postulate that it might be because I asked specifically for a QWERTY one (the regular french versions coming with a localized AZERTY keyboard). This whole "country" thing seems rather irrelevant, only the product code matters.

Anyways, my point is that I initially asked about the 059H6F1 missing Anna and Belle updates on Nokia's french support forum. And I got a prompt but no really useful answer from a Nokia employee stating on one hand that "it's likely that Belle will be available for [my] device soon" (that would corroborate what's being said here) and on the other hand carefully ignoring the part of my question about the missing Anna updates (apparently noone cares...).

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Feynman

Future buyers should be warned.
Please use plain text.