Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E6-00 and Belle update : Cannot use Wifi and L...

Contributor
lmarecha
Accepted Solution

E6-00 and Belle update : Cannot use Wifi and LEAP anymore , no IMAP folder, map broken...

Upgraded the E6-00 yesterday. First issues arise and even after a full reset, it still does not work.

- Wifi connection using LEAP authentication

Network is found, popup to enter username and password, all is good. Except the phone keep trying to connect while I type the password and each time, it re-ask the username. In short I cannot use connect at all as I don't have time to enter both username and password before it loop.... No more wifi connection possible as it use this LEAP authentication. Any way to increase the connection retry timeout ?

- IMAP folder not found

Same config as under Anna, but under Belle, it does not find any folder for IMAP account (and yes, the mail root folder is right), refreshing the folder list, just do nothing.

- MAPS

Say that it's empty and need maps. Give few options:

* use OVI on the PC : OVI doesn't find MAP on the phone

* use wifi to download map : .... if wifi would work, why not

Anybody else got the same issue ? Or found solution ?

L.\

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lmarecha

Re: E6-00 and Belle update : Cannot use Wifi and LEAP anymore , no IMAP folder, map broken...

A hard reset didn't help at all, still same issues.
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Re: E6-00 and Belle update : Cannot use Wifi and LEAP anymore , no IMAP folder, map broken...

Hi!

We are currently looking into the Wifi topic & will post FAQs as soon as possible. I've also forwarded your other topics for investigation. (pS: Have you tried to update Maps via Nokia Suite in the meantime?)

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lmarecha

thank you for responding.
Have done more test.
Wifi/LEAP : same issue, still looping. however a different wifi (no authentification required excep wpa key) is fine. But then an other issue arise in such config. It keep disconnecting, loosing connection, even with powersaving off.

Imap folder: it found the folder... One time. Let me subscribe to them, and then lost them again. Back to only the inbox.

Maps : fixed, don't know how. Ovi decided to find the map alone after several restart.

most important are the wifi (corporate setting is using leap) and imap folder.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RossoCorsa

I updated my Nokia E6 to Symbian Belle today. The phone is working fine except for 2 flaws - 

The drop-down notifications bar isn't functioning properly. Everytime I slide my finger downwards on the screen, I either get the new widgets option (maybe 'coz my finger stayed longer at a particular spot which activated that option) or no result, i.e. the drop-down menu doesn't appear at all. So far, I've been able to pull it only thrice.

The new version of Socal, i.e. v1.5 or "Social Networking Client" isn't available for E6 yet 

Hope Nokia comes out with a solution to these problems 

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi!

We are still investigating your case, but one info on the Maps topic: To solve it, please try to restart the Nokia Maps application and close it. After that connect the phone to Nokia Suite and transfer the maps into phone.

Hope that helps!

BR<

yvonne

Please use plain text.

Hooray! Nokia has taken notice of the problem!

I'm not sure why not everyone is having issues with connectivity but in my case both mobile data and wifi do not work.

Tried soft resets, hard resets and reinstalling the SW (5 times LOL) and even taking out f secure.

I hope the issue gets resolved soon as I am dead without my phone's connectivity.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RossoCorsa

Thankfully, I'm not experiencing any problems with connectivity
Please use plain text.

any good updates? lolTanks for taking the time to report the issues to nokia though. :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi,

quick update on the original question as we now have a FAQ online.

Q: After the update to Nokia Belle, there are problems with Wifi connection using LEAP authentication. The phone already tries to connect before I have time to fully enter the username/password. What should I do?

A: To solve this timeout problem, please edit the Wifi internet access point. You can find it via  via Menu>Settings>Connectivity>Settings>Network destinations. It will be under one of the destinations, most likely in Internet destinations. Then edit the access point via Internet access point > WLAN security settings > EAP Plugin Settings >  Eap-LEAP and set “Username” and “Password”. Make also sure to set “Prompt password” to “No”.

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lmarecha

That's working great for the WIFI LEAP issue. This fixed it.

Anything on the IMAP folder issue ?

Please use plain text.

Your post prompted me to check the Belle faq page again. Solved my problem. Yay! Turns out SBP wireless monitor was blocking the connectivity. Just had to delete the folder related to it. Thanks for the help! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
dulama

Also I can not connect without Authority certificate and my Company does not use certificate
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
portoghella

Upgraded the E6-00 yesterday. First issues arise and even after a full reset, it still does not work.

- Wifi connection using LEAP authentication

Network is found, popup to enter username and password, all is good. Except the phone keep trying to connect while I type the password and each time, it re-ask the username. In short I cannot use connect at all as I don't have time to enter both username and password before it loop.... No more wifi connection possible as it use this LEAP authentication. Any way to increase the connection retry timeout ?

Ok try to delete your apn, reset the device and resintall the OS. Don't restore any backup ans configure the WLAN apn: settings> connectivity> settings>destinations. Into the WLAN settings go to WI-fi security settings> in the fifrst field select EAP> in the second field EAP plugin settings > select EAP-LEAP.

This way the apn will work again

- IMAP folder not found

Same config as under Anna, but under Belle, it does not find any folder for IMAP account (and yes, the mail root folder is right), refreshing the folder list, just do nothing.

Please delete your mailboxes and configure them as you want. To create a IMAP access mailbox , for example Nokia Mail (outside of Messaging server) select Other. Put you credentials and choose Standard. You will see into Settings> your mailbox > sync content > Folder subscriptions> choose which folder to sync and it's done

- MAPS

Say that it's empty and need maps. Give few options:

* use OVI on the PC : OVI doesn't find MAP on the phone

* use wifi to download map : .... if wifi would work, why not

Anybody else got the same issue ? Or found solution ?

Please delete on mass memory the folder Cities and the file Qf, then open Maps and close the application. Verify that the folder Cities and the file Qf are again in E. Connect your device to Nokia Suite and redownload the cartography. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
portoghella

Is your memory card workin'. I mean E in this case is the External SD 

Please use plain text.
Aimul_ueki

hmm, anyone having a problem where if the wlan is on, but mobile data is switch off..can't use the web?? coz last time, b4 the update..if there is wlan, the mobile data would not be used to access the web..and then if i switch on both, i can access it..but it'll minus my prepaid credit..meaning it'll use the mobile data although the wlan is connected..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lmarecha

leap and map issues where solved.
But the imap follder, not at all even when recreating the account. Really strange. It sometimes find the folder but not subscribe or jusr does see them. And i'm sure if the setup, i use the same on other device, setup. It's only with E6 since belle
Please use plain text.
marina0712

Hello, I have the same problem with LEAP authentication wifi. Don't have enough time to insert username and password. I tired to go to network destination and modify access point but there I don't have any fied to specify username and passowrd! How can I solve? Thanks

Please use plain text.