Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E6-00 bugfix request for next firmware update.

Contributor
x2x3x2

E6-00 bugfix request for next firmware update.

[ Edited ]

Could we please request for the next firmware update of the E6-00 to have the following fixed.

1. Touchscreen occasionally becomes unresponsive, requires a lock/unlock to make it work again.
  2. Onetouch keys occasionally become unresponsive (interestingly the Home button still works, only the other 3 are affected). Requires off/on to make them work again.
  3. Mail for exchange setup with gmail account occasionally displays connection error when fetching/syncing data.
  4. Re-make music controls to d-pad as per earlier E-series, Up=Play/Pause, Down=Stop, Left=Rewind, Right=Forward. Nokia UI engineers really scrwed up on this one. Why would anyone want the d-pad to control a curser highlighting the touch buttons when there's already a touch screen?
  5. Make music player display/sort songs as per E52/72 firmware. That is to allow the user to view by album/artist/etc and allow user to search by name. It seems the UI engineers put so much time into making it look pretty with coverflow that they forgot the usability aspect. I would be more than happy if they just return the music player from the E52/72.
  6. It's obvious that the indicator light design is faulty. Please replace this with some other light. At the very least, wake/light-up the screen (which all other nokia phones do anyway) when a text is received. Otherwise, if the phone is on silent, nobody will know when a message is received.
Please use plain text.
Sage
mustan111

Completely agree. You are bang on spot

Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

Vibration Fix (I find it impossible that it's not already solved by Nokia)

SMS-Fix (so you can set if you want to search for a contact by Name ore by Number)

Camera shutter-sound of option (for those devices that lack it)

Battery improvement! (Like promised)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

please use the Contact Us link above on the green bar and report the issues directly to Nokia.

Nokia employees rarely monitor the forum here.
Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Contributor
x2x3x2

[ Edited ]

Camera Fix - Interesting, I didnt know that the sound off function was different across devices.

Battery Improvement - Again another unlikely issue to be solved, would have to put it up to poor relationship between power management and engineering who rate the phone performance.

The most power hungry component in the E6 is the 3G radio (even more so when you're on high speed network and 3.5g icon appears.)

You can somewhat improve this by setting your emails to sync perhaps "every hour" instead of the "soonest" option. For me at least, this noticeably helped increase the battery life.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

please use the Contact Us link above on the green bar and report the issues directly to Nokia.

Nokia employees rarely monitor the forum here. 

Yes, well we already did that, and we were informed to call Nokia!

I didn't call Nokia because I know they would do nothing .... but you can read many threads, of users who did.

Guess what. Problems are still not solved, and it looks like it'll take many months until "maybe" something will happen!

I fore myself will never waste my time again, trying to contact Nokia.

They don't care!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
x2x3x2

Btw I've also realised that reception quality really affects standby time too.

Usually I work in an environment surrounded by hick concrete walls which would cause signal bars to hover bewteen 2-3 bars. In this setting (with mail set to fetch hourly) after 12 hours there would be about 2-3 bars of battery left.

In a less urban dense area, signal strength were mostly full. With same usage patterns, after 12 hours the battery level only dropped only by 1 bar. Quite a big difference

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dcphone

I've just upgraded a few weeks ago from a Nokia E71 to a Nokia E6-00.

I've had 3 no. E71 over last 3 years and without doubt, one of the best nokia phones I've had.

Having used the E6-00 for 2 weeks now, I'm reasonably happy but there are a few annoying features:

1. Normally my phone is locked, i.e. timed to lock after 5 mins. When a call comes in, I can answer the phone but I cannot place it in loudspeaker mode !!. Until I unlock it, which takes a few moments while I tell the person to hold on.

I try to minimise the use of the phone to my ear and use loudspeaker 90% of the time.

It would be great if nokia in the next update to allow to place the call in loudspeaker mode from a locked and answered call state. i.e. provide a loudspeaker button from the locked screen.

2. The email send & recieve is sketchy, works sometimes, doesn't work most times and when downloading the email content, takes forever just for text content !!, when downloading an attachment...go and have dinner before its ready.

Email on the E6-00 is configured to get email from a pop email server.

3. The left and right bottom screen buttons (i.e. (Options and Menu) are not configurable anymore like they were in the E71. I liked to have them as Clock and Log.

4. Battery life is not as good as the E71 but thats just an observation, not expecting miracles here, however, it is still better than most smart phones ... but just not as good as the old E71.

5. Web browser could be better, although way faster than

Overall, though, I think it will be the right move from my trusted E71, provided the loudspeaker problem in 1 above is sorted.

Best Regards,

dcphone

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hello Nokia Admin.

I have Nokia E6-00 ,

The problem is that Nokia E6 is having Symbian Anna, I have never used Symbian ^ 3 device before.

I am keen user of Nokia E72, E71 and E5

The problem I am here to refer is regarding the Calling waiting notification and Call divert Notification

Whenever I call a person who is already on another call , Nokia E6 does`nt show WAITING notification as it did in E72, E71 or E5.

Same is the case with Divert Notification , whenever the number I am calling to, is on divert it does`nt notify with Diverted on screen notification

Whats the flaw in E6 or Symbian Anna , its a must feature in any basic phone, I am really disappointed , tell me how to fix it or is it going to be fixed in next firmware

I have spend 32000 Pakistani Rupee for not being notified if the number called is on another call  or Divert ? (Waiting and Diverted Notification)

Do Reply

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
azarjindal

So when are we planning to have the firmware update???
Please use plain text.
Sage
WhiteVanMan

Who knows, I guess we are the first to have Anna, And the last to have an update. Yeah!, Seems about right.

Nokia E6 (FW:021.014), Unbranded, Sim-Free, Unlocked.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
azarjindal

I have v22.014 and that is 3-4 months old....waiting for new firmware to come...usually Nokia releases an update regularly after 3-4 months....that why i am stivk to nokia mobile phones only. But this time i don't know why they are delaying it.....
Please use plain text.