Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E6 new firmware 022.014

Contributor
FlashIssue

@Andrei
thanks for this...
Nokia need to do something for Vibration issue... :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
FlashIssue

am not able to recognize the incoming calls when my cell is in my pocket :smileysad:
bad sound quality + bad Vibration :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
matija0zg

is battery problem solved?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
doncarlos

No the battery problem is even worse. With the old firmware my E6 lasted for about a day, but now I will have to charge the batteries during work or else my phone will switch off. This is really very annoying!:smileymad: The only app that I use is Whatsapp, but I used that already with the old firmware, I changed nothing, but now I can almost see the batteries going down!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
agprabhakar

matija0zg wrote:

For me, the standby life of the phone got improved after Firmware upgrade.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
FlashIssue

No, the battery problem still exist!!!

It's hardly goes for a day... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Does anyone know how to reinstall Font Magnifier ?

I uninstalled it by accident.

I have hard reset the device but it's not come back..

I even reinstalled the firmware update using Nokia Software Update.

It is still missing from the icons and also not shown in the Applications Manager.

Any help?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Sage
gnirkatto

After upgrading to 22.014, myscreen blanks out if I make a call. It's on and working perfectly well before and after, but whenever I make a call, it turns black, and only comes back when I hang up.

Anyone else having this problem?

Please use plain text.
Sage
Since_6110

do you have your hand or something in the way of the proximity sensor during the call??  getting within 5cm of the prox sensor turns the screen off.  or you maybe you have a dodgy proximity sensor .. (?)

Please use plain text.
Sage
Since_6110

[ Edited ]

or did you accidentally drop a dollop of gravy just over the proximity sensor window ?  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
gnirkatto

In the meanwhile I already figured out that the proximity sensor is defective. What actually happened was:

I picked up my E6 from Nokia repair service this morning, where I left it 2 weeks ago, to try and get the notification & battery issues fixed.

So today they gave me a completely new phone! I was very pleased and excited. I upgraded to 022, as it was still on 021. Hooked up to gmail, synched calendar, contacts, etc. Upgraded maps, ovi, etc. etc. all went smoothly and I was very happy.

UNTIL I MADE MY FIRST CALL! Black screen. I called a friend and asked to call me back. Same result, black screen.

Opened a call @ Nokia Care, doubtful if they will even understand what I'm talking about (based on previous experiences).

I guess I will bring it back to Nokia Repair tomorrow - for another 2 weeks, until it gets fixed or replaced again.

IT'S INCREDIBLY HARD TO STAY A FRIEND OF NOKIA'S THESE DAYS!

Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

Every time I reinstall the soft, a problem disappears, and another appears. Now it's when I use messaging!

After hard reset and sw update, when I send a message, It's predefined to search by number and not by name.

I love it, it's driving me crazy :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kingofcomedy

agprabhakar wrote:

matija0zg wrote:

For me, the standby life of the phone got improved after Firmware upgrade.  

For me too. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
matija0zg

does battery still heats?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
kingofcomedy

Did it heat with the old firmware? Mine didn't. When should it heat? It might heat if you use JoikuSpot a lot. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
matija0zg

[ Edited ]

when im web browsing

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kingofcomedy

I'm using Opera Mobile/Mini not that often, but I never had problems with the battery heating up.

Please use plain text.
potsmoker

Hello bro gnirkatto,

i just bought my new E6 3 weeks already and had the same problem with your device. mine still using the 021. and cant update (i dono why). this had been annoying me since the 1st day use. now when i try to make a voice call  (video call dont have this problem), i will use the locked key to make the screen appear again.. any one can help wtih this problem....

Please use plain text.
Sage
gnirkatto

potsmoker wrote:

Hello bro gnirkatto,

i just bought my new E6 3 weeks already and had the same problem with your device. mine still using the 021. and cant update (i dono why). this had been annoying me since the 1st day use. now when i try to make a voice call  (video call dont have this problem), i will use the locked key to make the screen appear again.. any one can help wtih this problem....

In my case, they told me that it is most likely a HW problem, the proximity sensor constantly being on...however, mine is still with Nokia for repair, so I don't know for sure yet!

Please use plain text.
navinsc1981

Keypad backlit problem is probably the most annoying one to me :smileyhappy:

Please let me know if this can be fixed!

Please use plain text.