Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E63 Lock Code Problem After Update

E63 Lock Code Problem After Update

I recently checked for a firmware update for my E63. I got excited when i found out that there was an availabla one, the 200.21.012 and I immediately started the update process. Everything went ok but when i switched On the phone after the Pin it asked me for the lock code after 3 or 4 seconds. I tried the default one , 12345 but it dhowed a code error message. I can't do excatly nothing but the weird thing is that buttons Calendar,Contacts and Mailbox work but i still can't do nothing else.The Home button does not work. It doesn't seem a normal behaviour.Could it be a bug? I read a lot of posts about this problem so this means I'm not the only one having this problem.We don't have Nokia Shops here in Albania and traveling to the nearest one would cost me three times the price of my E63. Please help me. I really need my E63 back as it is my do-everything tool. Maybe a new firmware with this bug fixed would be best.

Thank You in advance

Please use plain text.
Professor
post007

Give me your mobile's product code because latest version 300.0 is available for E63. Also check which code is mobile asking for, is it security code or PUK code?
If you like my post then give me "Kudos" star...
Please use plain text.

I tried again to see if there was an update for my e63 firmwire but it says that my phone's firmware is up to date. The product code is 0568869. It is the security code i guess the one that 12345 by default (not in my case at the moment  :smileytongue:). I think i changed months b4 i updated the firmware but never used the security code to lock my phone,the option was disabled. ThnX 4 Replying  :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Professor
post007

Try to remember your changed code because in this case, you can't do anything at your home. Go to nearest Nokia Service Center and give them your mobile. They will set the code as factory default 12345. As you told that it is costly for you then use "Ask Nokia" link in Nokia website and report your problem, if Nokia technician can help you.
Please use plain text.

I guess after updating the firmware the security code would be reseted to the factory 12345 one. I also tried the hard reset green+*+3 and the power button,it did reset my phone cuz it showed the Region selection screen,time and date but the security code wasn't the default one in a situation where it should have been reseted to the factory default cuz thats what the hard reset do.
Please use plain text.
Professor
post007

Security code is written on chip so hard format your mobile or upgrade your mobile's firmware can't reset your chooson security code as factory default. You have to get help of Nokia technician or Nokia Service Center.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

dude same problem for me also in n79 ya i cant tolerate this ,, i just went to nokia i told about all those thing they taken my mobile and kept for 2 days.

After 2 days i went ask they said ur mobile was ready just check it with that so i just checked same problem continue when i power on . I cant change the lock code .... when i power on its asking for the lock code if i give the default code 12345 its saying same error message. i just tell the complaint to them they get back the phone and keep it for 20 min . After 20 minutes that person come and give the mobile to me but its not solved. i just shouted they simply telling just give the mobile we will get back to after 15 days .. i dont knw wat they r doing in the nokia care i was upset i bought that mobile on 2 mnths before....

simply worst service from nokia care....

i dont knw i think some issues are there in firmware updates...

pls kindly find out these and reply me  

Please use plain text.

Same here, before firmware update i was able to lock/unlock my mobile remote;ly but now, i am not able to change my lock code and i am afraid that the phone gets locked if tried more and more.

who to complain when the Nokai is them sleves are not working correctly, it some thing like complain about the lazness of a teacher to another lazy fellow.

i would rather go for consumer court because i was aksed for firmware update for fixing the listed problems and i dont know just the firmware display after *#0000# is chnaged and none of functionalities...

Just Nokai sucks... i never suggest Nokia even for Mobile thieves... ;-)

The best is Sony erricson.

All these were observed when Software version was showing

14-11-2008

RM-437

Nokia E63-1(27)

And been to nearby nokia care and asked for update of software and now I got the software version

18-06-2009

RM-437

Here are Nokia E63 Software Problems I found in my new E63

1.       -- Picture Editor:

You can Zoom, Rotate a Picture but E63 never allows to Save the edited Picture

Worst Software engineering for not giving option the save the edited image…!

2.       -- No Calendar Sync with Address Book Events

Add a Birday/Annivesary event along to a contact, you will never see the event entered to Calendar/neither get a remainder / alarm on that occasion day.

Then why the Calendar given, this works awesome even with Rs.800/- local Mobiles.

Very Sad to say Nokia has very less knowledged engineers who are not even capable of giving a software which Rs 800 mobile are giving at present market with colorful icons.

3.       -- Memory Card Insertion problem.

Shows message as Memory card Corrupted when ever the mobile is switched off/on and needs a restart of Mobile to recognize the Mem Card and if re-inserted it works how foolish is the OS design.

3 to 4 times a day and every time when you switch off and switch on you need to re-insert the memory card (which is supplied along with Mobile by Nokia)

4.       -- Picture Viewer

Awesome, you cannot open pics folder wise, all pics in the Mobile are shown at a shot and no choice is given for the user to select from particular directory.

Open a Pic from folder, delete the that pic, you will be routed back to Home screen instead of folder, oops Nokia Development team needs re-engineering courses.

What a Testing Engineered Software, and after encryting memopry card, and after decrypting it back i am not able to see pics on pic viewers from my Memory Card.

but can access to the same pics directly going to Mem card folders.

Encrypt and decrypt are juts for name sake, not for functioning and serving the need.

5.       -- Message Inbox

Wow, Interesting Area,

a.      Just Say i received a message from Number 123456789, now go and save 123456789 as Balaji in Contact.

Now get back to your Inbox, Surprise,

Yes, you never see 123456789 updated with Contact Name Balaji in Inbox, it will stay as 123456789 only, even give a try of Switch off and Switch on 100 times, its same.

its new nokia software getting back to 1950s.

b.      Now, one more:

You have already saved a friend number 12345 as Balaji in contacts.

you get a SMS from 12345, well the inbox now promptly shows message from Balaji, now go back to Contacts, and change the number 12345 to any number,

so now Contact Balaji's number is changed but you will never see this reflected in inbox.

it will be still shown as message from Balaji, though that number is not at all in your Mobile Contacts.

c.       One more:

You delete the contact Balaji, still you see in Inbox SMS from Balaji.

if i keep on digging the non-sense behavior of Nokia E63 i dont know, instead i can write a pretty good software for Nokia Mobiles.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
doremifasol

@balajimcat:

for problem #3 (memory card insertion problem), if your memory card only stores data (no application installed on it), try the following:

- backup memory content to computer

- reformat the memory card using phone menu

- restore memory content from computer

works for me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Heyz, if u can go to ur menu

then goto tools>Setting>General>Factory Settings-

This will change your phone back to all the default settings

HOPE THIS HELPs

PLZ GIVE ME A KUDOS STAr 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hello,

Regarding the image viewing issue of e63, If suppose i am at perticular image and viewing it,  and i want see next picuture at same location, i need to press back button then need to select the next image and then open it. is there is any facility / software where i can just open any image and press next button and see another picture.

Also is there is any other facility / software where i can also able to see the thumbnail of this picture exactly what i want to.

please help me.

regards

parvez

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
azzabish

yessss i have the same problem its my security code and code is 0583813 thnk you 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shaukat23

my phone is theft place this mobil lock

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Satvik_1000

Even i m facing d same problem...???

What to do i updated my fone to 500.???.??.??? level...bt stil it shows the same problem of Lock code i tried 12345 but it doesnt work...Please Help

Please use plain text.
hallisa

The Solution is:
When it asks for the LOCK CODE ..
1. Press and hold the gray button (near the shift button) to access/enable the number mode.
2. Press 112 (emergency number) and then the green dial button/key.
"Any other different method to dial 112 will not work. In this way the phone is again in "normal" mode."

This is only a temp fix and it will ask for the lock code each time you power up ..
The best thing to do once your phone is operational using this trick is to then re-install the firmware update using the OVI suite instead of the nokia suite once done all will be fixed :smileyvery-happy:
"Remember To Backup First" :smileywink:

Have fun and thanks to nicnaknok :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bowney

how to reinstall firmware.
help me please
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mariomtti

FFS Nokia - Lock Code Problem and F**K ME my E63 is even slower like! **bleep** seriously!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I had this issue last night with my daughters E63 and after reading all this I was still at a loss as the supposed default code if 12345 didn't work.

Anyway, don't ask me why, but I tried 00000 and it did work :smileyvery-happy:, so anyone who still has issues then maybe try 00000 for the lock code.

Hope this helps someone :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gautamlondon

thanks bro good job i have temp opened lock with ur trick
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gautamlondon

thanks for this great info
Please use plain text.