Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

E63 Menu button hang once in a day......

Registered Member

E63 Menu button hang once in a day......

Hi I have brought Nokia E63 two weeks before.and i get the Menu hanging problem since second day after purchasing.when i took restart then it works fine but again once in a day it goes to hang and only a line appears on the screen. Kindly suggest me wht should i do to remove this issue.i had also visitd Nokia care they said this is a driver problem and i have to submitted my phone for 10 days they will replace the driver....its not a month to puchase this mobile and parts of mobile will replace.......

Manvendra

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: E63 Menu button hang once in a day......

i too have this problem, although i have yet to visit the service centres here..but i would really appreciate it if you could keep me updated with the recovery of your phone once the driver has been fixed.
Please use plain text.

Resolved E63 Menu button hang once in a day......

Hi Manvendra and everyone who is facing a problem with Nokia E63 that is hanging.

I bought my Nokia E63 5 days back and as you have said it started hanging from the second day expecially when I tried to navigate from contacts back to the main screen, wherein on pressing on Menu or Home screen button, a thin line appears on the top right hand corner. This problem was getting resolved when the phone was restarted.

I had called Nokia helpline and they had said that refreshing the phone to the factory settings would solve the problem, but this did not.

However, no need to worry as there is a solution that has worked for me.

First install the Nokia PC Suite on your computer and connect your device to the computer/laptop using it. Use the back up option to back up your phone's contacts, messages settings etc.

Now download the software updater application from any Nokia site and Install it on your machine.

Now connect your phone to your computer (if not already connected) using PC Suite. Then run the Software Updater. This will first check if any updated software is available. There is a new version of the firmware that is available with Nokia now. Its size is around 110.5 MB. So make sure that you have a good internet connection which does not break. Start the update process and make sure that you do not disconnect your device at any time during this process.

After the update restore your backed up data to your phone again. In my case everything was the same as before the update. The settings were not lost. I only had to redownload the Ovi Maps again.

After the update is done the problem with the menu button getting hanged will get resolved. Its now been 24 hours that my phone is switched on after the update has happened and my phone has not hanged despite heavy usage especially since I have my office mails synced to my E63.

So guys relax, E63 is a good phone as you already know and this will solve the problems. I might be mistaken but it seems to me that the phone has become faster after the firmware update.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Resolved E63 Menu button hang once in a day......

Hi All,

I have bought a Nokia E63 day before yesterday. I am also facing menu hang problem. Yesterday I have download latest version of Nokia E63 s/w that is :: 200.21.0.12 18-06-2009 RM-437, but the menu hanged problem is still there :smileysad:.

Please suggest.

If these kinds of bugs are there in s/w or driver i feel Nokia should pre inform to customer: ( so that  we can go for some other model.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Same here :-(

I wonder, how such a major problem is not caught during testing. How can a product with such a bug can be released in market?

I started facing the problem from day 1.

Please provide some patch for this issue as soon as possible. 

Please use plain text.
asrathar

Re: E63 Menu button hang once in a day......

[ Edited ]
Dear Friends, I Hope you all are well!! I think this method can be called “temporary solution” for the menu hang problem Nokia E63 CHANGE THE MENU SHORTCUT TO RIGHT SIDE INSTEAD OF LEFT, PROCEDURE OF CHANGING KEY SHORTCUTS: Menu> Tools> Settings> General> Personalization> Home Screen> Key Shortcuts> Left Selection Key (CHANGE MENU TO RIFHT SIDE AND CAMERA ON LEFT SIDE) Problem seems solved at this point. I hope this helps you guy. Kind Regards.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
goyalsab

Hi

i already have Firmware version as 400.21.013 but this problem still exist, what version of firware you have upgraded your phone to. Also aren't you facing this problem after upgrade?? when did you upgraded it?

thanks

pg

Please use plain text.