Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E65 software updates

Advisor

E65 software updates

Hi,
I just get Nokia E65 handset and check for software update and surprise there is no such options on nokia web site! Can anyone answer me is there possibility to update software on my E65?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: E65 software updates

A sotware update is required to fix various crashes we have reported on the E-series board (eg crash when closing the slider after sending a message).

However none has yet been released...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Dear Rob,

I too have a Nokia E65 and would like to know if any one has reported a fault with the function on the (#) operation which allows you to switch between quickly to the slient profile.

I would also like to know what smart alarm (daily alarm) and automatic keypad lock are not available as standard on such an advanced phone. Will this be somthing that Nokia will be looking if and when a software update becomes available
Please use plain text.
Advisor

There is update avaliavle.
But you cant do the updating by yourself.
You need to send it to service, could of course be done requesting a waranty "reparation".
I dont either know, or understand why Nokia does not allow updates online as with other models.
Frustrating, as i just sent my to service only becouse of a "software bug".
I do realy hope that Nokia will change this for the E65 realy soon.
With such an expensive, powerfull and advanced phone i realy think that we realy kan demand that kind of service (which most probarly would be more cost effective for Nokia in the end, and defenatly a better service for us as costumers).
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

When it will come back from their support service, could you tell us your firmware version ?

Thanks,
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Of course :smileyhappy:
Will get it tomorow or friday
(I have the possiblity to follow the status of whats done with my E65 via internet, its finished and most probarly sent back to the store where i will get it).
What i know for shore that there is at least version 1.633.58.02

Will keep you posted as soon as i get my phone back.

/Daniel.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I wrote a support query to Nokia about the (occasional) power-off when closing the slider, specifically asking about a software update. They recommended I take my phone to a service centre, so obviously there is some sort of upgrade available.

I'm not sure I'll bother though, my phone's good enough as it is.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

My new software version is: 1.0633.18.01

Still having som problems with my phone.
Especially WLAN, called Nokia support today, the told me to send it for service agin... (got it yesterday after it been away for eight days...)

*Blep, blep*
A working online update for E65 would have saved me a lot of time and frustration (even though it seems to be a hardware problem partually).

/Daniel.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Will the online update available one day or it won't be possible on the E65 ?

Regards,
Francois
Please use plain text.

Nokia, how many it is possible to do the possessors of E65 the testers of bad software?
How many it is possible to wait?
Disgrace of Nokia for such attitude toward users!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hayden

they haven't upgraded your firmware they have just re-installed it, I bought my e65 about two weeks ago and it came with 1.0633.58.2 firmware which has had no problems yet, although I have heard some people who have had problems with this firmware I have heard noticeably less than the original firmware (1.0633.18.01)

This version of firmware is installed with Vodaphone e65's. There may be some other carriers who provide this firmware for their customers but I’m unsure of those.

I am still very surprised that I have not noticed an official statement or even acknowledgment from Nokia saying they are working on or even will consider working on a new firmware version for the e65. There is a lot of people complaining on these forums about firmware issues, doesn’t however many people who complain on a forum = hundreds more with the same problem but haven’t decided to look online for the answer.

It would be in Nokia's best interests to get cracking real soon, as I’ve even seen a user completely turned off this phone by the news on the forums, how many other people would that represent?
Please use plain text.

It was the same story with the 6280. Nothing but bugs. Useless. Nokia did bring out more firmware updates, but still there were issues eg. T9 text not remembering the words it was taught.

I bought the E65 as I got bored waiting for the SE k850i. Mistake.

Once again, it is bugged and its also slow - eg takes 4 seconds to open the contacts list (if the button works at all). three advised I do a reset to improve performance. It helped, but thats hardly a viable solution is it.

After this I'm never buying a Nokia again, they just seem to rush out their phones and not make them reliable. Next phone is a SE.

Would be nice though if Nokia bothered to get a working firmware out for the E65 before then so that the wait for my contract to expire isnt so annoying.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

normally i was using SE but returned to nokia e65 for it's design and thinking of "maybe something changed at nokia after 3-4 year period". But i saw nothing changed and i'm waiting for iphone. as i was saying before; i don't like nokia.
they don't know nothing about customer pleasure.. they r only imporivng the specifications that we can see on sheets but what about the details and the bugs?
electronic brands needs advanced reseach and devolopment that nokia don't have.

forgive me bec. of my english
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hayden

great ive found my firs bug on my e65, i its only little but its snd there is a way around it but its still a pain in the **bleep**, the same problem stated above, my contacts list button is very inconsistent, some days it will work and others it wont.

reseting the phone doesnt seem to make any differnce,

wheres the firmware update.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I bought an unlocked E65 at the Nokia store in Helsinki back in March. For the most part, it works fairly well, but I've run into some annoying issues.

The phone occasionally reboots for no reason; occasionally it stops taking key presses and needs to be rebooted; and it occasionally decides to eat its battery, going from several bars down to one very suddenly.

I've been checking for updates since April, but there's nothing available. I hear from you now that there _is_ an update, which I'd very much like to get hold of, but it continues to be unavailable.

Can you give me some definite idea when this update will be available? (My phone is v1.0633.18.01, and it seems the current software is v1.0633.58.something, an apparently significant upgrade...)

Can you also give some insight into why this hasn't been made generally available? This is an expensive phone (at over 700 Euros, it makes an iPhone look cheap by comparison) and the lack of fixes to the buggy software is extremely disappointing.

I really like the WCDMA modem--I travel to Japan frequently, and the ability to use it there offsets the high cost somewhat, since I no longer have to rent a phone--but I would have thought that, at this price, support would be available rather more quickly.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

where's the update???!!! we want it now!!!

let's all protest!!! quite a few bugs!!!

disappointing for my first nokia since 1999!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I think that Nokia should learn something about how to treat costumers from SE.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/05/sony_ericsson_firmware/
http://developer.sonyericsson.com/thread.jspa?threadID=39963&;start=105&tstart=0

My oppinion is that some kind of statement about what plans Nokia have for the E65 software and the possibilty to uppgrade it on the net is the least you could demand.

Nokia sells cheaper phone with more stable firmware, and that phones are also possible to upgrade by yourself.

Do i need to say that i am realy dissaponted with this?
For thoose of you who understands Swedish my blog may interest you:

http://daniel-m.net/content/view/63/1/

/Daniel.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have been watching these threads for a while now as i too have an E65 and have loads of problems.

Mine is on 3 with fw version 1.0633.18.02

While i like the design and features of the phone, its a shame that it has never worked 100% as it should.

Its a complete disgrace that Nokia hasnt issued any kind of update for this phone, i was hoping they would and this is why i have held on to it for about 2 months now otherwise it would have gone straight back.

My main problems with the phone are,

the buttons on the front/middle section of the phone dont work after a few minutes of turning it on. PRETTY MAJOR BUG NOKIA!

It's also slow as hell, i sit there waiting while i try and open the message menu before i fall asleep.

My last three phones have been SE but i thought id try a nokia again, seems they have just gone downhill.

Why no inbuilt recurring alarm like with SE??? maybe its because the nokia software team dont like to get up and do their job ie fix the firmware?

Oh and before i forget, the rubber coating on the black surround at the top of the back part of the phone and around front fascia has started to peel off already.

I keep my phone in the supplied pouch and look after my gadgets, this is NOT acceptable.

Moral of the story? Don't ever buy a Nokia again.
Please use plain text.

I have not a lot of problems with my E65 but i live same problem (It's not so big)...I use shortcut link and use that...

Contact list button doesn't work.. When i shut down and open again, It have been working for a time... After i have to live same problem..

Another problem WLAN DNS problems...

Also i don't like a Alarm Settings... U must be set everyday... You can't set alarm for some weekdays...
Now i have to use Alarm Manager program and solve another way...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

PLEASE ADD E65 TO NSU!!
Its a great *expensive* yet buggy phone. We deserve beter support.
ADD E65 TO NSU!
Please use plain text.