Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E7-00 security code after Belle update

Sage
ghaikal

nokia employees ! Any solution !!
Haikal
Please use plain text.
Contributor
alnyc8

[ Edited ]

Everyone, please use the new  F secure Software that nokia include  in the belle update and complete the installation, create your new security code in F secure and this will be your new phone security code. or just uninstall F secure    Thank me if it works :smileyhappy:  

Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

alnyc8 wrote:

Everyone, please use the new  F secure Software that nokia include  in the belle update and complete the installation, create your new security code in F secure and this will be your new phone security code. or just uninstall F secure    Thank me if it works :smileyhappy:  

thanks for the trial to help, but it didn't solve the problem for me :smileysad:

Haikal
Please use plain text.
Contributor
alnyc8

F secure is the cause of the security code prompt at start up, all you have to do is go in to

F secure and create a security code and use that code that you just created at the next reboot the problem will go away. I found out about this because I try to do a *#7370# and found out the 12345 security code was disable, and by snooping around I found the code I created in F secure works with the *#7370#, so I use the same code at start up and problem was gone. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

alnyc8 wrote:

F secure is the cause of the security code prompt at start up, all you have to do is go in to

F secure and create a security code and use that code that you just created at the next reboot the problem will go away. I found out about this because I try to do a *#7370# and found out the 12345 security code was disable, and by snooping around I found the code I created in F secure works with the *#7370#, so I use the same code at start up and problem was gone. 

i never used F-secure, i've enabled F-Secure, used the new code created in F-Secure, it did not solve the problem, still getting code erroe. !! 

Nokia !!!! help !!!

Haikal
Please use plain text.
hafiz99

[ Edited ]

I just installed Nokia Belle and I am having the same problem with my E7-00 asking me for a Security Code on each start up and have tried all codes and even looked up the master code at ************ I also tried to default code 12345 and it give me : code error. It then lets me on through to the phone. I sent a complaint through to Nokia Support and would recommend others to do the same so they can come up with a solution with a software update fast.

MODERATORS NOTE: Links/References to illegal software has been removed. Discussion of illegal third party software is not allowed on the forums as it could potentially damage Nokia devices and void any existing warranty. Please do not discuss or distribute illegal software on the official Nokia forums.

Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

[ Edited ]

hafiz99 wrote:
I just installed Nokia Belle and I am having the same problem with my E7-00 asking me for a Security Code on each start up and have tried all codes and even looked up the master code at ********** I also tried to default code 12345 and it give me : code error. It then lets me on through to the phone. I sent a complaint through to Nokia Support and would recommend others to do the same so they can come up with a solution with a software update fast.

thanks for posting here, we hope that nokia will solve this issue, 

as per nokia there is no master code, so be ware of such websites.

MODERATORS NOTE: Links/References to illegal software has been removed. Discussion of illegal third party software is not allowed on the forums as it could potentially damage Nokia devices and void any existing warranty. Please do not discuss or distribute illegal software on the official Nokia forums.

Haikal
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nokh

Thanks for your suggestion. F-Secure has not been started at all, when the problem emerged. Now, after I installed F-Secure, it acts in the same way with respect to the security code, as if the code is keyed in into Belle directly, i.e. does not accept, does not give a chance to input a new one and block for 5 minutes after 5 trials.

Nokia 2110 (bought the very original "brick" version back in 1995 :smileyhappy:), 6110 (1997), 6210, 6310, 6310i, 6230, 6233, 5800, C7, HF-3, CK-20W, CK-300 (all bought new) - looks like a loyal Nokia customer, doesn't it? :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

Nokia : please respond to all this.

Haikal
Please use plain text.
Hoffer

[ Edited ]

@alnyc8

Confirmed this works. The thing is I had even unistalled F-Secure, and the Security Module. I keyed in the four digit F Secure code I had used like a year ago, and it indeed worked. Thank you very much! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

Hoffer wrote:

@alnyc8

Confirmed this works. The thing is I had even unistalled F-Secure, and the Security Module. I keyed in the four digit F Secure code I had used like a year ago, and it indeed worked. Thank you very much! :smileyhappy:

my previous code is 12345 ! , and it didn't work with me :smileysad:

Haikal
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shinagawa

Same here with my E6-00 =/

Im trying to restore the original settings but its asking me the code, that i don't know

Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

1- non of the experts on this discussion page came up with any suggestions from their experience ! 

2- no response by Nokia employees , except some Q&A cut and paste , and promises to look into the issue ! 

So disappointed :smileysad:

Haikal
Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

Nokia :

shall we go to Nokia Care to Flash our mobiles again to solve the problem ?

my device is close to get out of warranty ! are you going to cover the cost because of the Update ??

or you are comming up to us with other solutions !! ??

Haikal
Please use plain text.
user20499

try 20499
Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

user20499 wrote:
try 20499

haha funny !!

Haikal
Please use plain text.
Sage
Doctor9fan

I assume everyone's tried 0000 or 1234, the code you input at startup is the pin code & isn't usually anything to do with f-secure, mine isn't anyway as that is 8 digits long whereas the lock code is 4. :smileyhappy:
I hope there's a solution for you all.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Contributor
stephen17033

same problem for my n8.tried everything.Usable but anoying.should just be an easy patch from nokia surely!

Please use plain text.
Sage
ghaikal

Nokia !!! is there a solution !!???

Haikal
Please use plain text.
piereN8EU

[ Edited ]

the same problem with my N8. I use Kaspersky mobile security that makes the problem with the security code even worse. after entering 5 wrong codes in a row, it says you have to wait for 5 minutes. BUT all incoming communication is blocked. Software blocks all internet connection, all incoming messages, delivery reports, all incoming calls. simply everything is blocked. to wait for 5 minutes is no solution. the only thing I have to do is to uninstall kaspersky and reboot device. After doing that I need to set up everything and reinstall kaspersky.

can you please fix that **bleep** problem  with the security code. there are much better things in life than fixing this problem in my N8 all over again.

Moderator's note: Profanity edited, please don't try to bypass the smut filter.

Please use plain text.