Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

E7-00 security code after Belle update

Sage
ghaikal

E7-00 security code after Belle update

Hi all,  

i've a strange problem, after updating my E7-00 to Belle, 

the phone askes me on startup for the security code ! 

i entered my own security code : code error 

i tried nokia default one 12345 : also code error 

the strange thing is that the phone lets me in and work normally !!! 

i tried to reinstall the belle, but its the same ! 

please help.

Haikal
Employee

Re: E7-00 security code after Belle update

Hi, did the update in device complete (via Nokia Suite)? Did the phone restart during the software update? Did you be able to enter security code now correctly?

Cheers, Samuli

Sage
ghaikal

saylinen : yes the phone did restart during the update. And for the code still gives me code error !
Haikal
Employee

Can you still try entering code into your phone few times and can you move forward after that?

Cheers, Samuli

Sage
ghaikal

saylinen : yes i entered the codes more than 15 times and still access the phone, i can make calls and everything as normal ! This is the strange thing !
Haikal
Employee

So is it now working properly?

Cheers, Samuli

Counsellor
jamrock60

Update mine this morning in the U.S.A has no problem with Code only problem Skype do no allow you to sign it
Contributor
DiendComplete

Hello.I seem to be experiencing the same problem as ghaikal after installling Belle to my N8.

Basically,upon switching on the phone,the phone will prompt for a security code.Despite using my previous code and even the default one, it is an error.

However the strange thing is that the phone will still be able to function normally despite there being an "error" code.

In short, is there a way to get rid of this prompt after switching on the phone?It is becoming rather annoying.

Regards...
psychephylax

Same problem with Nokia N8 after upgrading to Belle

When I restart the phone, it asks for a security code...I enter one and it says "Code error" but then continues into the normal menus.

Contributor
meichi

psychephylax wrote:

Same problem with Nokia N8 after upgrading to Belle

When I restart the phone, it asks for a security code...I enter one and it says "Code error" but then continues into the normal menus.

Having the same problem for C6-01 too. I've tried to key in the right code from settings - phone security and was notified that I'll be locked out from my cell if my attempts failed for more than 5 times. Will my phone be locked?

Please advise.

Thanks so much

Sage
ghaikal

saylinen wrote:

So is it now working properly?

Cheers, Samuli

Saylinen : No , the problem is still there !!! please help !!

Haikal
IonizedKit

Experiencing the same problem after the Belle update on my E6-00 as well. I've never set any security code and the default code does not work as well. Although the code prompt does not lock the phone completely, it gets annoying every time I turn on/off to restart it.

Advisor
rcas

Same issue here: E7 (059D9B2); neither the default security code nor the one i recently defined is working. Strange enough that after 5 wrong inputs the phone is not locked.

Any suggestions? 

Registered Member
lionel_eq

yess!! i have same problem too... :smileymad:

Advisor
dg_com

Had this issue with N8 after upgrade this morning.

Not hoping for any upport from Nokia, I solved it myself (on N8):

- press power button shortly, menu shows

- select Lock Phone

- phone asks for NEW security code - enter your code and press ok

- phone locks

- move slider to unlock - phone asks for security code you just entered

- enter your code, phone unlocks and won't bother you with this on the startup anymore

This seems to be happening because this securuity code lock is not initialized correctly after update.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I like new UI, but the issues with security code, missing applications (all side loaded apps are missing), email and wifi settings purger - all are too much for this update - Anna instal went MUCH smoother!

I suspect this is a plot by you-know-who to move people off Symbian to another platform :smileysad:

Contributor
DiendComplete

@gd_com: Nope.The problem still persists for me. :smileysad: The phone doesn't lock when I give it a new security code.It'll show the same "code error"
Advisor
dg_com

Did you try to lok it with different codes? I used 4-digit code and it worked.

Well, it may be different on E7, don't know. But hope someone from Nokia will look into it - I do not think you are alone with this issue.

Contributor
DiendComplete

Sadly no.I really hope someone looks into this.True enough, a lot of people are experiencing this problem.
Contributor
meichi

It's not helping and I almost lock my phone, please help!
Contributor
meichi

My C6-01 is experiencing the same problem and it almost locked due to this issue. Can someone please fix this?