Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: E7 - Belle Update

Counsellor
bkar81

E7 - Belle Update

Hi,

I bought my Nokia E7 in India and I am currently in USA. My phone's product code is 059C8Q6

When I checked

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-availability

it is showing that the belle update is available. Even when I connect my phone to Nokia Suite also it is showing that Belle is available.

When I click proceed, it is taking the backup and all properly and saying "please do not disconnect or use the phone, the software is updating" like that... But the progress bar is not at all moving. At this point, it is getting struck

I left the phone for hours, still no luck...

Do I need to take my phone back to India to update? Or is there a workaround to upgrade my phone's OS to Belle..

Please help..

Donno whether this might be useful

The log file "DalMeasurementFile2.txt" shows this continuously after certain point

DeviceLockFailedMsg               NOSAsyncManager

Counsellor
cintwo

[ Edited ]

Hello :smileyhappy:, I had the same problem updating to Symbian Anna, then I realized it was because I didn't upgrade the Nokia Suite to the latest version, so this time I upgraded the Nokia suite to version 3.3.86 before running the Belle upgrade. Not sure it can help you....:smileyembarrassed:

Counsellor
bkar81

Thanks cintwo... I have the latest Nokia Suite. Infact I uninstalled the older version as I upgraded from Ovi Suite, I am also having 3.3.86 only :smileysad:

Is it due to regional change?
Counsellor
bkar81

Is there any Nokia Priority shop @ Chantilly, VA?

Will they upgrade my phone to Belle for free?
Counsellor
cintwo

Counsellor
bkar81

[ Edited ]

But this is different. It is showing that there is update available, but it is not happening :smileysad:

Counsellor
bkar81

Btw, do you have E7? How is Belle?

Is it worth upgrading to Belle from Anna?

I heard there are lot of issues in Belle and many prefer Anna than Belle. Is that true?

Can I wait for a couple of months to get another stable release (if Nokia is planning to)?